Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

The job is a Front Desk Customer relations the buisness that owns two different companies and has been in business 1979 2 companies family run . I have not found out anything yet. Went to the Drs everything in blood work perfect was told could have pulled something; oh and it is not a hernia either oh well I guess I will take it easy.

Oh on the job front I was going to go back into the retail world but then I decided not to because then I will have to work nights and weekends

Hope you hear something positive on the job soon, Melissa. I hear you on the retail. I think that sounds fun at this point in my life and would love to work at oh say an Ann Taylor Loft store. But the nights and weekends I couldn't do. And as much as I like to pick up and go it's hard to find something that flexible so I told DH my job is to be his trophy wife. LOL I am so glad all your bloodwork is normal, I was concerned about early stages of appendicitis.

I had a nice day, started out by going to a Bible Study at the church we started attending, figured it's a good way to meet other women who also weren't Mormon. And, no I don't have a problem with Mormon friends, it's just that my past history they've had a problem with me. When we lived here before one told me she couldn't be my friend any more as I wouldn't convert, and another neighbor told me if I was 'worth' meeting she'd have met me in church, so that makes me a little gun shy. Turns out there's lots of Mormons and former Mormons in this study so that is a good thing, one is even in a polygamist family. Very interesting. I didn't mean to mention this or start a religion debate, but just telling of my day and how interesting it was. From there I went to lunch. There's a gal in the study that I knew from before living here and she invited me with her and 2 other gals so I met some new friends as well. One of them is a pilates instructor with a sister who has a lapband. From there I had some coupons I had to use at Kohls and got all sorts of goodies. I even got myself a pair of ankle boots. DD keeps telling me I need boots, but wiht my fat calves I can never do boots so this only go ankle high and under jeans they will be perfect.

I've been really having some up and down emotional days. DH has been out of town so I am home alone and have lots of time to 'think'. There's days I hate it here so bad and regret moving and wish I was in Denver and I cry a lot. Then there's days where I really am happy here and loving my new lifestyle, I have it so good and really do feel like a pampered princess at times. I think I just get down when I get to missing the kids, thinking of my new grandbaby coming and wanting to be there.

Funny story about my DD today. This is my daughter who used to hate it when I checked up on her, or worried about her if she was late, or hadn't called, etc. Well she tried calling me this morning while I was at the Bible study. She called 3 times and texted once, and when I didn't answer she called my DH who is in Atlanta doing interviews all concerned about me. She said it was so unlike me not to answer. I told her she is becoming a mom already, and how does it make her feel to worry. LOL Maybe now she'll understand what it was like. LOL It was precious. I got a little panicky of course when I looked at my phone after Bible study to see so many missed calls, thinking immediately something was wrong.

Hi gang! Apples, you are home!!! Hey, I get in an hour after you and Lori......so hang around for me. I will send y'all the flight.

Yes, that baby is still smiling......Is that a sign that she will be a happy baby....hope so!

I went to nutrition class today. Still no weight loss. I showed a loss this morning after walking, but got to the dr's.......no change. I did talk to the new dietitian about plateau. I told her I need an amount of carbs I can eat a day. So, she said 50. She also said that walking 3-4miles a day is good, but my body is used to the same muscles being exercised so the calories burning is slowing down. She said I need to switch it up. Dh and I are going to shop for a gym on Friday. It will be between LA Fitness and the city Nanatorium(I did not know that is what you call an indoor pool?). Anyway, I will be changing my routine next week.....meanwhile it is walking twice a day.

Well, tonight is the final of BB12 and the start of Survivor. I have to get the DVR fired up. I want to see survivor and watch the "over 40" team kick butt.

I do go see Dr Davis on Friday. I am going to have him check a spot on my abdomen. I think it is adhesions, but it kinda bulges out more than the rest of my big gut. I tried on a pair of jeans today...nope can't do the zip up. It hurts my stomach, and the pain goes up to my port. Pretty sure it is adhesions.

Melissa, there is no test for adhesions. When the pain is bad enough or it obstructs a vital organ they will go in. I had a colon stricture caused by adhesions. I didn't know I had it until I got diverticulitis. Then the colon dr did a colonoscopy and my colon was the size of a #2 pencil where I had my resection surgery. So, maybe it is the site of the procedure you had. I hope they can give you some relief from pain. Hey, What job?

Okay, peeps, gotta get some housework done. later!

Melissa

Glad nothing serious seems to be wrong... Fingers crossed on the job...

Great

LOL on DD - I was lucky Andrew was pretty cool - but would call if I wasn't home after work - but if I was out and about - he didn't worry bug too much - but gotta say I talk to him more now than when he was at home ;0)

Kaitlin told me last night that Joseph went to her high school football game last friday to stalk her - he went w/friend who's son played for the opposing team - so he was on the visitor side - but I guess he took binoculars and was watching Kaitlin - I had to crack up on that one..

Your day does sound interesting - no debate to worry about - I use to watch big love on hbo about poligamy - it was funny how the dh had to juggle all his wives..

Yes some religions don't want you associating w/worldly pple- we to each their own - as Cheri say - take what you want an leave the rest..

Macy's & QVC carries wide calf boots - and yes you gotta have some - what are your measurments of your calves - I bet they aren't what they use to be .. Have you even tried any knee high boots on ;0) - try it - they may just fit..

Hi gang! Apples, you are home!!! Hey, I get in an hour after you and Lori......so hang around for me. I will send y'all the flight.

Yes, that baby is still smiling......Is that a sign that she will be a happy baby....hope so!

I went to nutrition class today. Still no weight loss. I showed a loss this morning after walking, but got to the dr's.......no change. I did talk to the new dietitian about plateau. I told her I need an amount of carbs I can eat a day. So, she said 50. She also said that walking 3-4miles a day is good, but my body is used to the same muscles being exercised so the calories burning is slowing down. She said I need to switch it up. Dh and I are going to shop for a gym on Friday. It will be between LA Fitness and the city Nanatorium(I did not know that is what you call an indoor pool?). Anyway, I will be changing my routine next week.....meanwhile it is walking twice a day.

Well, tonight is the final of BB12 and the start of Survivor. I have to get the DVR fired up. I want to see survivor and watch the "over 40" team kick butt.

I do go see Dr Davis on Friday. I am going to have him check a spot on my abdomen. I think it is adhesions, but it kinda bulges out more than the rest of my big gut. I tried on a pair of jeans today...nope can't do the zip up. It hurts my stomach, and the pain goes up to my port. Pretty sure it is adhesions.

Melissa, there is no test for adhesions. When the pain is bad enough or it obstructs a vital organ they will go in. I had a colon stricture caused by adhesions. I didn't know I had it until I got diverticulitis. Then the colon dr did a colonoscopy and my colon was the size of a #2 pencil where I had my resection surgery. So, maybe it is the site of the procedure you had. I hope they can give you some relief from pain. Hey, What job?

Okay, peeps, gotta get some housework done. later!

Charlene - at least you didn't gain and yep we gotta mix it up - that's what my weight training does but gotta say that during my weight loss phase for the 1st 8 months all I did was walk - i did work weights every now and then but rarely.. Now weights - boot camp - yoga - pilos -

Yep New TV Season starting - I have dvr programed already for survior & greys - I want to watch Detroit 187 - looks like a good cop show and I have the new hawaii 5 o programed..

But tonite is my late nite - won't be home till 8:45 - so I wont be watching much tv - thank God for dvr's ;l0)

Arlene, if you have a 24 hour Fitness by you, check out the deal at costco for a membership. I got 2 yrs for $299 and it works out to only $12.50/month, I couldn't find any other facility that even comes close. Most 24 Hour Sport locations have a pool, just thought I'd mention it if you hadn't considered that.

Janet, I think my calves are like 17" or something the last I measured (which was after reaching goal). Will have to check out Macy's or QVC if I decide I need boots, thanks for the tip.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Mine was more than busy and just getting time to check in now. It was a nice day though. Got all the books done for the farm, business and personal all done and balanced and all the bills paid. Took me a till 1pm and then ran to town and another town 70 miles away to do farm and personal errands. Now I have pork kabobs broiling (too wet and cold to grill out), hashbrowns browning and making a salad.

Arlene...I'll be watching for your flight info. Can't believe I finally get to meet you and the others I've talked to for so long. Also, looking forward to seeing others I met in FL in Feb.

Great...sounds like you had a good day and met new friends. I gotta do some of that. Not working and living so far out in the country makes it tough. I am a friendly person and have friends but just need to connect with some that have more in common with me. Just to mix it up a little.

Janet....so good to hear that Andrew is still staying in contact with is GM. I agree with you on the mixing up the exercise thing....same as with daily caloric intake.

Better go tend to supper. Our customer is about ready to leave and my guys are hungry. Made comfort food today. Cold and rainy and guys working at the desk and table today. Made them mashed taters and chicken gravey (chuncks of chicken and peas). They love me again for that meal!

Frontier F9765 I think arrives 9:06 am--I'm assuming mountain time?

I leave 3:22 p.m. F9770 on Sunday.

School is adjusting to tragedy. Counselors were brought in. We're running smoothly on schedule. I'm actually catching up now on all the scheduling conflicts. Got a few more things to set up and resolve, but, now, I'm mostly teaching.

Cheri

Thanks for all your condolences and prayers on the loss of "little Mikey". He was always small for his age and class even though he repeated 1rst grade. But eager to learn. His face just lit up when he "got it." Today I deleted him from my schedule and took his work folder out. There's just a hole where Mikey should be.

Cheri

Frontier F9765 I think arrives 9:06 am--I'm assuming mountain time?

I leave 3:22 p.m. F9770 on Sunday.

School is adjusting to tragedy. Counselors were brought in. We're running smoothly on schedule. I'm actually catching up now on all the scheduling conflicts. Got a few more things to set up and resolve, but, now, I'm mostly teaching.

Cheri

Thanks for the info, Cheri. Great comes in at the same time. Thank goodness for cell phones. That hour will go by quicker for you with someone to visit with.

It makes my heart so sad to hear about you having to pull your little guy's file:crying:

Cheri & Apples, Delta and Frontier both come in on the D concourse so Cheri and I can text and hook up in the concourse and then wait and meet at your flight. I don't know the airport real well other than Delta's portion and I remember there being a foodcourt in the middle of the concourse there with Burger King and some other restaurants, maybe that would be a spot Cheri and I can meet at??? Southwest is in another terminal so will have to figure out where to meet Arlene at.

To answer Janet’s question about why I do not post – I guess I feel a little like an imposter. I started last September with my initial consult for Lapland. Because of insurance requirements I went through a 3 month medically supervised diet. I finished my 3 month diet and went through all of the pre-admission testing and was scheduled for surgery the 1st week of February. To make a long story short, I cancelled the surgery. In the 5 months from the initial consult to pre-admission testing I had lost 40 pounds just by following the medically supervised diet. I became a Lapland failure due to my success at following what I learned from the supervised diet and what I learned here on Lapbandtalk.

That is why I still lurk. I am down 50 pounds in 1 year (70 from my highest) and I feel like I need to come here and read to stay in touch with weight loss struggles. Yes, I still struggle.

I hired a personal trainer in April and have learned to embrace exercise. I have gone from only being able to run for 1 minute to running a 5K. I have finally been successful with loosing weight and maintaining for the first time in my life. I owe much to the Lapband process and to everyone here on Lapband talk but I somehow feel like I don’t really belong. Cheri’s heartbreak touched me and caused me to post as I live in the Chicago area too and felt her pain.

Thanks for listening; I owe all of you a large debt. Thank you for being here, posting and making your day to day struggles (and successes) available for everyone to follow.:wub:

To answer Janet’s question about why I do not post – I guess I feel a little like an imposter. I started last September with my initial consult for Lapland. Because of insurance requirements I went through a 3 month medically supervised diet. I finished my 3 month diet and went through all of the pre-admission testing and was scheduled for surgery the 1st week of February. To make a long story short, I cancelled the surgery. In the 5 months from the initial consult to pre-admission testing I had lost 40 pounds just by following the medically supervised diet. I became a Lapland failure due to my success at following what I learned from the supervised diet and what I learned here on Lapbandtalk.

That is why I still lurk. I am down 50 pounds in 1 year (70 from my highest) and I feel like I need to come here and read to stay in touch with weight loss struggles. Yes, I still struggle.

I hired a personal trainer in April and have learned to embrace exercise. I have gone from only being able to run for 1 minute to running a 5K. I have finally been successful with loosing weight and maintaining for the first time in my life. I owe much to the LAP-BAND® process and to everyone here on Lap Band Talk but I somehow feel like I don’t really belong. Cheri’s heartbreak touched me and caused me to post as I live in the Chicago area too and felt her pain.

Thanks for listening; I owe all of you a large debt. Thank you for being here, posting and making your day to day struggles (and successes) available for everyone to follow.:wub:

Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the condolences. You are welcome to comment anytime. Whatever method we use it all boils down to working together to keep ahead of our addiction.

Cheri

Laura K - my DGD has no insurance, so Chantix is not an option. I'm so proud of you for working so hard to quit. Keep up the good work.