Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi Group,

This is my first post to this site . .. it was recommended by Laura (my Michigan band buddy). She said you were all very helpful .. .well I'm looking for a little assitance, if you please. I was just banded 7/15/10 and am doing really well. I'm losing consistenly and have not even needed a fill yet. This past week I started having problems with acid reflux. I used to have it pretty bad before surgery, but not after surgery. I've gone back to 2 Prevacids / day and even added Tums and GasX . . not getting it under control. Any thoughts anyone? I don't want the acid to damage my band, plus I just need to feel better! Thanks everyone!

Hi Group,

This is my first post to this site . .. it was recommended by Laura (my Michigan band buddy). She said you were all very helpful .. .well I'm looking for a little assitance, if you please. I was just banded 7/15/10 and am doing really well. I'm losing consistenly and have not even needed a fill yet. This past week I started having problems with acid reflux. I used to have it pretty bad before surgery, but not after surgery. I've gone back to 2 Prevacids / day and even added Tums and GasX . . not getting it under control. Any thoughts anyone? I don't want the acid to damage my band, plus I just need to feel better! Thanks everyone!

Welcome Marw

Have you called your doctor - that's what you need to do 1st.

Is it all the time or at night - I get it sometime from just drinking Water - but a chewable normally works or chewing gum -

I have it (heartburn) a little more lately and I will take store brand acid reducer and it works - I usually get it if I have eaten too much - especially before bed..

Call your doc in the morning and tell him..

Sandy, you are doing great....the band is only a tool and you are using the tool whether banded or not. Congratulations!

Boy am I tired. Worked until 6pm today and will be out in the morning doing field notes for a couple more jobs. The engineer who is taking my area will be going with me. She lives in this area too, so it will be convenient for her once she gets the hang of it.

I have a book from the library....I think I'm actually going to read tonight. Talk to you all later.

Oh by the way, I'll call the resort tomorrow and see what we can arrange. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll probably be coming in on the 1st too then...it will be less of a rush for me. Can't wait.

Eva

Eva - Hugs all all that work - I know next week is going to be crazy for me..

I'm getting off the computer myself - it's 8 I need some me time ;0)

Talk to you all tomorrow

Laura - how's your Dad - you haven't posted..

Hi all.

Been busy saving my daughter's sanity. When I have time I'll explain.

I also wrote a piece for development to raise funds for a Michael Pierce Memorial Scholarship today.

Gotta go to bed.

Cheri

Sandy, I am so impressed by your success. You truly got it band or no band. I think one of the reasons people don't succeed with the band is they expect it to do all the work and that's how people get the idea that surgery is the easy way out. But it's not, it's just a tool and we still gotta do the work. Congrats to you.

Sandy, you belong.

MarW, welcome and keep posting your questions. Call Dr Ringley.

Janet, I am a mushie one too. Seems like that is all I have been doing lately. If I could go on a cruise I would room with you smoking or not. and it is still not. Smell doesn't bother me now or never has.

Eva, got to be getting close now, under 10.

Great, did Dh make it home?

Have a great day all.

lauraK

Called the Desert Rose, everyone's name has been listed so who ever shows up first can check in. Janet, because you are bringing your roommate with you, I didn't give them Phyl's name. They are going to try and put us close together, maybe even in the same building. Check-in is at 4pm and they will store our luggage until our rooms are available. They have my cell number if there is any issue with this.

10 working days left..........now comes the real count down.

Got to go.

Eva

Hi all.

Been busy saving my daughter's sanity. When I have time I'll explain.

I also wrote a piece for development to raise funds for a Michael Pierce Memorial Scholarship today.

Gotta go to bed.

Cheri

Hugs Cheri on DD issue and what a great thing to do in Michales memory...

Sandy, I am so impressed by your success. You truly got it band or no band. I think one of the reasons people don't succeed with the band is they expect it to do all the work and that's how people get the idea that surgery is the easy way out. But it's not, it's just a tool and we still gotta do the work. Congrats to you.

You are so right...

Sandy, you belong.

MarW, welcome and keep posting your questions. Call Dr Ringley.

Janet, I am a mushie one too. Seems like that is all I have been doing lately. If I could go on a cruise I would room with you smoking or not. and it is still not. Smell doesn't bother me now or never has.

Eva, got to be getting close now, under 10.

Great, did Dh make it home?

Have a great day all.

lauraK

LauraK ;o) I would think smoking would make you want to smoke - I know if my dh would lite up - it would make me want to lite up ;0).. I smoke outside for the most part so it's not really a biggie to room w/me ;0) - just the cost of having a balcony ;0)

I don't know why I was mushie yesterday - This month would have been my Dad's 90th bday - My nephew's bday is on the 21st - my bro will be gone for 2 yrs next month -

I was thinking about my kids (DS DIL GK'S) and all the love I have for them..

Called the Desert Rose, everyone's name has been listed so who ever shows up first can check in. Janet, because you are bringing your roommate with you, I didn't give them Phyl's name. They are going to try and put us close together, maybe even in the same building. Check-in is at 4pm and they will store our luggage until our rooms are available. They have my cell number if there is any issue with this.

10 working days left..........now comes the real count down.

Got to go.

Eva

Eva - Thanks for arranging all that !!!!

I just realized I am a week ahead of myself - lol - I guess I want 10/1 to get here - today it the 17th so 2 weeks from today not 1 - dumb me ;0)

Well at work - just a drive by - cbl

Janet, the smoke or seeing people hasn't bothered me. I am surprised how well this Chantix is working.

Yesterday was the 25th yr of my Dad's passing. Two days after I got married.

LauraK

Janet, the smoke or seeing people hasn't bothered me. I am surprised how well this Chantix is working.

Yesterday was the 25th yr of my Dad's passing. Two days after I got married.

LauraK

I have some chantix - maybe I'll give it a try ;0)

Hugs on your Dad passing anniversary - Did he make it to your wedding..

My Mom will be gone 40 yrs on 10/4 - 40 freaking years that's a long time - I always say that my step mom was my mom longer than my real mom was - I was 15 when she died

Sorry... I am trying hard to catch up on 6 pages of posts, but had to quit to post something. I am sitting here in tears over a comment one of my "good friends' in OKC put on her daughter's FB page....

'Phyllis has lost weight it shows in her face still needs to lose a lot more. She said she'd like to lose 175 lbs'

Sweet, huh?? "shows in her face"??? Yeah, I know I need to lose about another 50 lb, but I was wearing 4X & even 5X last time she saw me, and now L or XL. So I think it shows in more than just my face. What a bitch! I don't care if I ever see her again. Earl warned me. He said she probably wouldn't say anything at all. This couple is very self-centered! It's always all about them! So why am I so upset!! I've had lots of compliments this whole trip, from people I haven't seen in a long time. But one mean thing from one formerly good friend really hurts!

So... on to other things. We are in the Dallas area. Friends we knew in OKC and were in street ministry with came to visit last night. She had lapband surgery too, and was doing well for a while, but always complaining bitterly about the changes necessary in new way of eating in order to be successful. So now it looks like she's gained back most of her loss. So, am I now being the bitch??? This couple married late in life and then adopted a baby when they were 50+ and he is pretty much a little terror at 5 yrs old! Boy do they have their hands full! He had fun with the puppy for a little while, but when he got bored with that they brought in their DVD player and put in a movie for him! That worked!

So we are going to be here one more night. A cousin of mine is coming for lunch in a little while and tonight we're having dinner with a former pastor and his wife.. I mean... he is still a pastor... he just isn't OUR pastor any more! LOL! Wonderful people and we've kept in touch since they left OK several years ago.

Tomorrow we move on.. west towards NM and AZ. Which reminds me.... EVA.... don't think we'll be spending the night in your area but hoping we can still get toether for lunch or coffee or a short visit somewhere. I re did the remainder of our trip yesterday... as I've had to do afew times!! Earl is just not tolerating more than about 250 miles a day. He gets to stressed and too tired. And then sometimes after we stop, as yesterday, he has to wrestle with the stupid DirecTV dish for an hour or more before he can get it working. So.. I have us stopping I think about 100 miles sort of Tucson area. Can let you know more precisely next week when I see if we're able to adhere to the new schedule. Right now I have us arriving in CA a week from today. The last night we stop around Quartzsite, I think. Maybe not that close to CA... can't remember for sure what I did! I am rambling, huh!!

Okay.. back to reading your posts. Tears dried. Emotions settled down. Now I"m just MAD!! LOL

What a rotten thing for your 'friend' to post, Phyl! Sounds like something my mom would say, she's always commenting about my face. GRRRR But you are right these type of comments come from very self centered people and it's all about them and when we make changes to improve ourselves in some way it's a threat to them because they like to feel better than everyone else. I'm glad you came here to vent and turned your tears into just anger. You are right to put it behind you. I can't wait to meet you!

Well DH got home last night and not feeling well, he thinks it's just a cold, I was so sympathetic I told him he better not give it to me as I have a trip in 2 weeks! LOL

Today is my DD's 29th birthday. It seems like just yesterday. Wish I was with her to Celebrate.

Have I told you my new plan? Since I am struggling so much with this move especially now with a grandbaby on the way, we have an 'exit' strategy. Our goal originally was to be back in Denver in 8 yrs but now I want to ramp that up. But it won't be too possible since DH won't be ready to retire, however, he could get transferred etc again. So my plan is to find a 'grandma condo' in Denver in a few years so I have a place to go back to and stay for periods of time especially when DH is on the road etc.

I love love love the idea of a cruise next year, and it's early enough that we can start saving.

Cheri, hugs on the DD issue.

LauraK, good job on the no smoking! my son is trying to quit and using some electronic cigarette. Think he has more of a chance of quitting this time as this time his g/f is behind it. LOL

Eva, wow only 10 more working days. So you'll be retired when you come to Vegas?? Thanks for taking care of that on our rooms.

Just for the fun of it, I went to www.cheapcruises.com and looked at cruises from New Orleans in April. There's Carnival and Norwegian they both have 7 day cruises. Carnival is $509 for inside, $579 outside and $829 balcony. Norwegian is $529 inside, $579 outside and $799 balcony. I can get discounts on that for DH being an airline employee not sure if I can get more than one room. Just FYI I think the cheapest date was April 16 or something.

Hi gang! I just got back from checking out the Natatorium and La Fitness. The city natatorium is new and really nice with large pools for aerobics and swimming in lanes. They have a track about the whole rec center for walking and running. It overlooks the volleyball and basketball courts. The price would be about 40.00 a month for the two of us. La Fitness would be 50.00 a month. That advantage is Water aerobics six days in the morning and four evenings plus every machine you can think of. My vote is for La Fitness , but DH will make the final decision.

Phyl, What a horrible comment to put on FB. I hope you de-friend her . She will get the message. UGH!!! I would be so PO'd and hurt. HUGS! for YOU!

LauraK, Congrats ! on the Chantix! I know it must be tough. My dad worked for Liggett and Myers( L&M) remember them.....for 30 years then he got lung cancer. So, I probably inhaled as much second hand smoke when I was a kid as any smoker. Smoking is not one of my habits.....only because it gave me a sore throat. I wish sweets gave me a sore throat.

Linda, is Katie home with you? I must have missed your post if she is. HUGS! for you!

Eva, 10 and counting! woohoo!

Lori, a condo in Denver sounds awesome. Yep, you will want to spend a lot of time there.

Check out Carnival's site. They have senior discounts too. We went on a military discount for veterans. Since we are going to Belize I will have to skip the NO cruise. If y'all stay over an extra day I might have to just come for a day to see ya. NO is about 7hrs from here. I just went there once to pick up my son's car he had shipped from Germany.....no sightseeing for me. It was 14hrs round trip.

I gotta leave to see Dr. Davis. I can hear it now...."So, you have been on 1100 calories a day and walking and no weight loss?" "What's wrong with this picture?" Yep, going to face the music. UGH!

logo_CCL_105.gifblank.gifblank.gif1_30_d_triumph_105.jpgblank.gifblank.gifexpert review:

blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif

star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifblank.gif

Ship Name: blank.gif

Carnival Triumphblank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): April 2, 11, 2011blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From New Orleans, Louisiana visiting Progreso (Merida), Mexico; Cozumel, Mexicoblank.gifStaterooms: blank.gifInteriorOceanviewBalconySuiteblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifPrices From: $349$399$579$839blank.gif$70 Per Night!$80 Per Night!$116 Per Night!$168 Per Night!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifbonus_offer_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblt_booking.gif10% Discount on select Shore Excursions!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifterms & conditions view & compare selectedadd to compare >>blank.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsL_w.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsR_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gif7 Night Eastern Caribbean from $439

Brochure price $1,669. Save up to 74% off brochure price!btn_select_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.giflogo_CCL_105.gifblank.gifblank.gif1_30_d_triumph_105.jpgblank.gifblank.gifexpert review:

Carnival Triumphblank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): April 16, 30, 2011blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From New Orleans, Louisiana visiting Key West, Florida; Freeport, Grand Bahama Island; Nassau, Bahamasblank.gifStaterooms: blank.gifInteriorOceanviewBalconySuiteblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifPrices From: $439$629$779$1,219blank.gif$63 Per Night!$90 Per Night!$111 Per Night!$174 Per Night!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifbonus_offer_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblt_booking.gif10% Discount on select Shore Excursions!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifterms & conditions view & compare selectedadd to compare >>blank.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsL_w.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsR_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gif7 Night Western Caribbean from $529

Brochure price $1,399. Save up to 62% off brochure price!btn_select_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.giflogo_NCL_105.gifblank.gifblank.gif34_439_d_Spirit_105.jpgblank.gifblank.gifexpert review:

Norwegian Spirit - Customer Favorite!blank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): April 3, 10, 17, 2011blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From New Orleans, Louisiana visiting Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras; Cozumel, Mexicoblank.gifStaterooms: blank.gifInteriorOceanviewBalconySuiteblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifPrices From: $529$579$799$2,429blank.gif$76 Per Night!$83 Per Night!$114 Per Night!$347 Per Night!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifbonus_offer_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblt_booking.gif10% Discount on select Shore Excursions!blt_booking.gifUp to $250 FREE Onboard Spending - Call! - Ends today!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifterms & conditions view & compare selectedadd to compare >>blank.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsL_w.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsR_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gif7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean from $589

Brochure price $1,669. Save up to 65% off brochure price!btn_select_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.giflogo_CCL_105.gifblank.gifblank.gif1_30_d_triumph_105.jpgblank.gifblank.gifexpert review:

Carnival Triumphblank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): April 23, 2011blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From New Orleans, Louisiana visiting Belize City, Belize; Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras; Cozumel, Mexicoblank.gifStaterooms: blank.gifInteriorOceanviewBalconySuiteblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifPrices From: $589$729$909$1,319blank.gif$84 Per Night!$104 Per Night!$130 Per Night!$188 Per Night!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifbonus_offer_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblt_booking.gif10% Discount on select Shore Excursions!blt_booking.gif$200 Cash Back! - 6 days left!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifterms & conditions view & compare selectedadd to compare >>blank.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsL_w.gifblank.gifcrn_resultsR_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gif7 Night Western Caribbean from $659

Brochure price $1,299. Save up to 49% off brochure price!btn_select_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.giflogo_NCL_105.gifblank.gifblank.gif34_439_d_Spirit_105.jpgblank.gifblank.gifexpert review:

Norwegian Spirit - Customer Favorite!blank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): April 24, 2011blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From New Orleans, Louisiana visiting Costa Maya, Mexico; Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexicoblank.gifStaterooms: blank.gifInteriorOceanviewBalconySuiteblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifPrices From: $659$749$949$1,999blank.gif$94 Per Night!$107 Per Night!$136 Per Night!$286 Per Night!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifbonus_offer_w.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblt_booking.gif10% Discount on select Shore Excursions!blt_booking.gifUp to $250 FREE Onboard Spending - Call! - Ends today!blank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifblank.gifterms & conditions view & compare selectedadd to compare >>