Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Cheri - sending prayers for your family. Very sorry to hear of their difficulties.

Linda, my mom was so like that too, so cruel about my weight. Thing is when I was growing up I really wasn't overweight, but I was larger than my sister. I wore a size 11 and she always said my sis was the perfect size, a 9. At 125 lbs (I am 5'9 remember) she told me I could stand to lose 5 more lbs. and I was compared to her athletically too. Of course my sister ate it all up. It was tough. Now I am smaller than all of them! LOL

Well I definitely can tell I got that fill yesterday, just got painfully stuck and then PB'd on some pork chop. I had gotten so used to not having to be so careful in my bites and portions or something. I only ate half a pork chop but the bites were evidently too big, also I have had problems with pork in the past when I had my restriction. As much as I hated the experience, I was thrilled to get stuck and PB, that means it's working again!

Great Sorry for the pb - I have been doing it more than I did in the past - tonite trying to eat - had a loud discussion w/Andrew about the dog - pb'd - stress - but just finished two fired eggs - I was craving them - must needed the Protein ;0)

I really would like 1 or 2 of the 5 he put in taken out - but I just don't have the time to go - I think my weight is ok - haven't been on the scales since I got back from FL but my clothes are fitting fine - so I am ok - I can tell by my clothes - Next Thrusday I will get back on them (gotta get my exercise in 1st ;0)

Good Morning Gang

Rise and shine it's a beautiful morning - Well really I can't tell that yet - it's still dark - lol...

Up early got gym this morning and dogs going to the beauty shop.

Not much to report since last night - just cking in :0)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA !!!

:thumbup::party::wink2:

Hope you have a great day - even nursing your sick boys - hopefully they are feeling better

xoxoxo

Janet

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA !!!

:wink2::party::w00t:

Hope you have a great day - even nursing your sick boys - hopefully they are feeling better

xoxoxo

Janet

Happy Birthday Laura!

Janet, I walked and now I am taking my Charlie to the groomers. When I come back I gotta make egg white pancakes. I have DH hooked on them too. I finally perfected the recipe. It tastes like french toast.

1/4 c. oats ....I use quick oats

1/4 c. egg whites

1Tbsp sf jam

Mix cook in hot skillet like you would a pancake

Drizzle with sf maple syrup.....or not.:thumbup:

Below 167 this morning (my goal weight) so maintenance is OK so far. Just not always making the best food choices but then I make up for it the next day.

I definitely start to pb very quickly with the denser meats that don't have juice or gravy. Even though I take tiny bites and chew well, I'm often so hungry by supper I still swallow a little too quickly. But if I set the food aside for 10 minutes, I seem to open up and can eat the rest.

Last Monday a.m. I went out for Breakfast with my coworkers and split an omelet. I ate no carbs and was on the verge of pbing afte only a couple of bites. Took most of it home. I am very, very tight in the morning. I drink 20 oz of Decaf coffee and milk very slowly to open my band a little while I get ready. Then on the way to work I sip my Protein Drink. All morning I just keep sipping coffee-milk. By lunch I can usually have one of those small 3 oz. peel-off tins of tuna or chicken. By supper I can eat more normal portions but I can still pb if I eat dense dryer meat too quickly. Throughout the day I take teaspoons of dried shelled sunflower seeds, chew them to death before swallowing. I think those are miracle food. They provide great Fiber, nutrients, good for you oils, and Protein. They keep hunger away all day long. I can feel them filling my pouch but they don't make me pb. They're a carb that doesn't shoot up your blood sugar but keeps it level all day long.

One key I've found to not eating anymore after supper when my band is wide open is to combine facebooking and lapband thread while watching TV. That used to be my worst time. With my ADHD and its restlessness and boredom I would eat just in order to sit still and relax. Can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can spend more time outside in the evenings.

Well, gonna try walking outside this morning. It's around freezing out, which, if I bundle up, I can walk in just fine. I walk the low traffic side streets and avoid the sidewalks which aren't all shoveled or have ice from snow that melted and froze. Did that after work last night and was quite comfortable.

Its our anniversary but my DH is still quite sick. Hopefully, we can go out to eat tonight at least.

Cheri

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA !!!

:thumbup::party::wink2:

xoxoxo

Janet

Take a nice hot bubble bath and pamper yourself since, like me, you probably won't be doing anything major. Hope you're felling well and your DH is on the road to recovery.

For all of you whose mothers were less than nurturing about your size and weight, my condolences. My mother used to tell me I'd really be pretty if it wasn't for my nose. WTH? But I may have inadvertantly passed on the weight message to my daughter who was never heavy at home, but who saw me struggle and try to lose and exercise and look perfect. Society does a good job of passing on the same message. We women are never happy with our looks.

We've got to rewrite those old messages. Al Franken as Stuart Smalley? used to say, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

We need to add to that-"I'm pretty enough, I'm sexy enough, and, just for today, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be."

Cheri

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR LAURA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Laura...have a great day. Sending birthday love and hugs!

Happy Anniversary Cheri!!!:thumbup:

Happy birthday Laura and Happy anniversary Cheri!

Nothing really to report today. Will spend the day studying and maybe writting that paper. I am awful at writting but I just need to pass this class I don't have to ace it.

Last night my husband told me he could really see and feel the difference in my body. Expecially the hip area. Feels nice to get those compliments. Expecially because I too have those negative comments from my mom rolling in my head. My mom has the body of a boy. She is flat chested and not curvy at all. From the time I turned 14 I got negative comments from her. I think mostly she was jealous of my figure at first. I wasn't fat til age 20. She was not sensitive to my predicament at all. She made comments about my clothes being too tight and stuff like that. Hopefully all the positive comments from my hubby and friends will out weigh the negative ones by my mom. Skinny people don't understand how we think and feel. We aren't just fat, there are alot of head issues that come from being fat and that contribute to being fat.

I think my husband is learning this too. He has come a long way. At first he was totally against this surgery, he thought it was selfish and shallow. Now, he is really glad I did it and supports my new eatting habits. Once we move out the 3 of us will be eatting alot differently than we did before we moved in here. I have already started making a change in my son's lunch and my husband has started making changes in his own lunch. We use to eat alot of Pasta and rice dishes because it was cheap. In the end though it ended up costing alot more in medical bills.

Happy birthday Laura and Happy anniversary Cheri!

Nothing really to report today. Will spend the day studying and maybe writting that paper. I am awful at writting but I just need to pass this class I don't have to ace it.

Last night my husband told me he could really see and feel the difference in my body. Expecially the hip area. Feels nice to get those compliments. Expecially because I too have those negative comments from my mom rolling in my head. My mom has the body of a boy. She is flat chested and not curvy at all. From the time I turned 14 I got negative comments from her. I think mostly she was jealous of my figure at first. I wasn't fat til age 20. She was not sensitive to my predicament at all. She made comments about my clothes being too tight and stuff like that. Hopefully all the positive comments from my hubby and friends will out weigh the negative ones by my mom. Skinny people don't understand how we think and feel. We aren't just fat, there are alot of head issues that come from being fat and that contribute to being fat.

I think my husband is learning this too. He has come a long way. At first he was totally against this surgery, he thought it was selfish and shallow. Now, he is really glad I did it and supports my new eatting habits. Once we move out the 3 of us will be eatting alot differently than we did before we moved in here. I have already started making a change in my son's lunch and my husband has started making changes in his own lunch. We use to eat alot of Pasta and rice dishes because it was cheap. In the end though it ended up costing alot more in medical bills.

Jessica - WTG I a so proud of you girl !!!! Skinny Pple don't understand fat pple.. Pple look at the pple in food lines and see a fat person and think - oh they have $$$ look at her she's fat so she has $$$ for food - it's not that it that a top ramen Soup cost 25 cents and chicken breast $5.00 - if you are poor what are you going to buy - starches they are cheap - a loaf of white bread and a thingie of Bologna.

I am so glad you are making these changes - as we told you in FL - you have your whole life in front of you and it will be so much easier as a thin person than a fat person and you will improve your health 100 fold.

Happy Birthday, Laura............. hope you and the boys can enjoy the day.....

Happy anniversary, Cheri,............... How many is that for you... My DH and I have #15 coming up in May.....

I had a miserable night.... up and down, taking pills, sitting by the computer...........whatever helps take my mind off the pain... It sucks!!!! Hoping for a better day.. I will finish up laundry I started yesterday and hopefully get a little light housekeeping done... Can write your name in all my dust..... Have a great one gals... Hugs to all............ Julie