Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all tonight, Today is Wednesday and I weigh on Wed. I have lost 25 lbs. I am thrilled:tt1::thumbdown::tt1::rolleyes:. KJill, When did you get banded? Janet we know you are busy trying on all of your new clothes so we will excuse you for a while but are interested in how you girls are all doing one year out. I haven't had a fill yet and go back to Dr. on Aug. 12th but seem to be loosing fairly well so far. Today I had a scrambled egg with ff cheese on top and Decaf coffee for b, was not hungry till supper so I had 1 bbq rib, a salad and half cup of corn on cob. then later I drank a Protein bullet. Janet, for some reason I have been queezy for about 3 or 4 days now. Anyone else have that problem? Its not horrible but it is annoying. Anyway happy about my 25 lbs off. Sounds like we are all doing pretty well on this band.

Beckyo:rolleyes2:

Cathy - What are you eating - what's your exercise.. I don't think it matter what band you have - how's your restictrion... ...

Hi Janet: Glad you had a good time on your reunion!

About what i am eating, I usually have 1 cup of Protein Shake when I get to work (1cup light soy milk and 1 scoop muscle milk light) that is about 140 calories) I have a lot of food allergies, esp milk, egg yolk and oats. That eliminates most cerels (Oats) and cheese. Anyway, I can tollerate a little of the whey in muscle milk, and the soy is ok.

For lunch I usually have 3 oz tuna in 1/2 a whole wheat pita. Sometimes I put it on lettuce (not too often) I have a mild reaction to lettuce and onion.

*I know, it is the pits to have so many food allergies*

For dinner I usually have a bit of meat and veggies. I do feel restriction, or at least I think it is restriction. I feel like something is getting stuck with the first bites of anything, I nearly spit up a small piece of meat the other day. I don't get too hungry. I do try to finish my meals but it takes about 30-40 minutes.

Of course I am still struggling with "head hunger" When it gets really bad I have an Italian Ice (40 calories or some almonds or walnuts (10 each).

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to have my bladder and kidneys checked for infection or whatever to see why I retain so much Fluid lately (this has never really be a problem for me and my bp is 118/78 so that is great!)

As far as exercise, I walk about 30 minutes 3-4 days a week and ride my bike about 1-2 days a week for about 1 hour. I have a gym membership and I intend to go back there soon.

What do you think?

Becky,

I was banded on June 10th. I get an update of weight loss tomorrow. My scale says I have lost 18 lbs and I am a little disappointed but I will probably get an additional fill next Friday as I don't think I got enough last Friday. One day at a time.

Bochs -

Congrats on 25 lbs! I'm only 10 days post-op. Still on liquids until next week. I don't get a queezy feeling, but I do get a tightness when I drink liquids. Could that be restriction? Not sure what to expect or what that "full feeling" will actually feel like.

Kathy

I love this band! I got a 2nd fill yesterday, just a 'tweak', I got .5 cc's, I already had a total of 7. And I'm down 2 lbs today!! 3 more and I hit 50!!! (disclaimer: 10 lost while researching surgeries and dr's and on Weight Watchers, the rest since my first visit with my surgeon).

I also spoke to my surgeon yesterday about my gall bladder and he really recommends taking the thing out so I am going to go under the knife once again 2 mos after my banding. I don't have a surgery date yet, they are going to call me and let me know, they took all the insurance info since I was self pay for the band they didn't have it all on file. He also said he would check out his 'handiwork' while in there (the band) and see how it looked. He can use 2 of the same incisions plus one new one. Before concentrating solely on bariatric procedures he used to do 5-7 gall bladders a day, so I feel in good hands. He still does those procedures for his bariatric patients so I feel in good hands.

CathyChatts, could you be retaining due to the heat? I think i am, we are setting heat/drought records here. Today we break a 107 yr old record for number of days in the 90's or higher. (99 today and 101 tomorrow) UGH!! But soon I'll be complaining of the cold so better enjoy it!

Hi Gang - Sorry for being MIA - but busy at work cuz I was off Monday and will be off Friday for my biospy and my Son flew in yesterday - So I really apoligize for not being around like I should.... Some days - nothing to do and am bored as hell - then so busy that there aren't enought hours in the day...

Here's the link to Lucky #7 MofA picture thread - you can see the pics that have been posted so far - Steph & Phyl haven't posted theirs yet but mine are there

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f94/mall-america-picture-thread-71107/

Hi there Janet, glad to see you are back and had a great time. Looks like you did real well on your shopping. I love to shop:biggrin:. I am interested in how the lucky seven is doing one year out with their lap bands. Are they doing as well as you. Did you have alot of notes to compare about your weight loss journeys? So tell us all about the girls and their journeys. We have all missed you at this thread and Phyl. From Wed to Wed last week I lost 1.6. now i weigh again on this Wed (tomorrow).For the last two days I have been nausious. I don't know why but I have. I am chaning my diet again. Now I am going to eat Protein first, veggies second and other stuff last. Last week I went out to Pasta House. Ate 1/3 of dinner. today I went to Steak and shake after my walk with my daughter and I ordered a steakburger plain and a small dinner salad. I ate the meat, pitched the bun and ate half the salad. I was full all day until tonight. Then I ate a Lean Quisine dinner which all went down fine but I think too many carbs in it. Can't wait to see your new clothes. :blush:

Beckyo

Becky

As to how my other lucky #7 are doing - Linda 120 lbs gone in 1 yr - Phyl 86 lbs - Peaches ?? her #'s aren't on the top of my head plus she had a hole in her tubing and just got fixed a few months back - but she's has lost like 50 or 60 lbs - Steph is really a Dec bander but we adopted her and I think her #'s are like 50 or 60 too.

We all started out at diff weights - some have more to lose than others but we all have been successful at changing our eating habits and adding exercise into our lives. We are all empowered by what we can do this yr opposed to last year - we all are in shock that this really works - as none of our other attempts to get healthy have.. Steph is the baby of the group but the rest of us who went are 50+ - We understand that this is a lifetime change - we all struggle at times - but with the help of our band we are doing it....

You are doing great on your weight loss :angry: Yes Protein 1st !!! I eat carbs/starches - you gotta vary what you eat - you need starches so if you eat too many one day then the next day cut back a little..

I think I have a ticker. Thanks to all for the education. All is going fairly well here. After 8 days the pain has lessened; sleep is still a great necessity, not that it ever isn't and I'm still in a post-op mode. The shakes and Clear Liquids go down pretty easily, but I'm having fewer than 500 calories a day, probably fewer than 400, and I don't think that's enough. Tomorrow, I think I will have to "eat" more regularly, on a real schedule, and see what happens. Maybe then I'll have more shakes and not feel quite as tired.

Lori, my Dr. doesn't want me on mushies for 3 weeks. That seems like a long time and an awful lot of chocolate shakes!!!!! My son-in-law did remind me tonight, however, that I have to keep drinking Water, because excess protein needs to be flushed from the system, too. From someone who didn't want to be preoccupied with eating and food, that seems to be all I can think about. I can't wait to have a little more energy, so I can balance this regiment with "life."

Talk to you all again soon.

Love,

Ellen

Ellen - Ya you gotta up those calories some - If you are on full liquids - make some Soups - then blend them - I found homemade food so much more satisfing that processed stuff.

This is a learning process so for a while you are going to have food on the brain - you have to plan and think about your choices. I still do 1 yrs out

I plan 98% of the time..

Janet,

Size 2 wow, size 4-wow, size 6-wow!!!!!! Glad you had a great time. You earned it and all the credit card charges!

I got my first fill last Friday of 1.75 cc. I really don't think I got enough. I think I was a little too nervous after the DR was having a little difficulty getting the needle into the port and maybe over reacted to some pressure in my band area. He has agreed to inject more next Friday after I monitor it until next Tuesday to see if I get any restriction. What was the amount of your first fill? I am kind of stuck for the past two weeks without much weight loss.

Also, Janet, I didn't see any reference to salad on you menu plan. Do you eat salad? I know you list veggies. Is salad part of those veggies?

Jill - Size 2 is a fluke :blush: no way 145.5 lbs is a size 2 - but heck that's the size on the pants so I will take it:tongue2: - I am normally a 6 or sometimes a 4 (my trainer guessed my size as a 4 last night - that's the kind of reinforcement I need - cuz I will still put on something and think I look fat and then have to talk to myself and say Janet those pants you have on are a 6 how in the hell do you think you look fat )

Yes I do eat salads (not often but I do)- I just hate making them and hate the low fat dressing as they are too sweet. I make ranch from the packets with light buttermilk and nf mayo - it's good and like 35 cal for a tablespn.. The problem with salad is that if I don't have homemade dressing and use regular - I feel I am defeting the purpose of eating a salad - I like dressing on my salad not drowning but too much... I use the dip the fork in the dressing then in the salad trick.

I didn't ask about how much he put in on my 1st or 2nd fill - to me it doesn't matter and I never understood why everyone want's to know - what does it matter - all that matters to me is that the darn thing works - I could have 4cc and be too tight and you can have 8 cc and still have no restriction - it is diff for each one of us.. I got to much to remember without adding the #'s of cc's in my band :thumbup: Plus my memory is shot anyway .. The only reason I know how much is in my band now is that my 3rd fill was too much he said he put 1 cc in and I was back a week later and had .08 taken out - so if I remember correctly I have 5 cc even - but not sure on that.

My 1st fill lasted 2 weeks then when back and my 3rd fill in Oct really put me at my sweet spot..

Ellen

Glad to see the Ticker is working. We were banded the same day but I can start mushies on Sunday - Can't wait! Last night I had to take my elderly dad to the hospital (he's ok). After six hours I was so hungry I went to the cafeteria and the only liquid option was the gravy from the fried chicken meal. I almost ordered a cup of gravy (l0l). But, I didn't and ended up finding some yogurt instead.

Janet - it is so heartwarming to see that the people you connected with last year have become friends. What a great way to have a reunion!

Kathy

Kathy - I am so glad you didn't order that gravy - cuz you would have made the food cop come out :biggrin: - I am so glad you made the more healthier choice of yogurt :mellow:

Yep - us lucky #7 feel that we have gained more sisters - that's how we feel with each other - just think - we all met online a little over 1 yr ago

When we all met for the first time it was like we had known each other for years - we have shared so much thru the last yr - our struggles with the band - our families - our jobs - this site is more than just band related it's about who we are.

So gang I want to you to know that you can share and vent as much as you like about whatever is going on in your lives - this support isn't just for the banded part of your tummy but for the whole you..

Maybe we all can meet somewhere next yr.... Think about it..

Well feeling a little anxious this morning. I see my surgeon this afternoon and will find out about my gall bladder surgery and also a possible 2nd fill. I think I need somewhat of a fill but not much as I do have some resriction at times, but others I could eat double or more than the 4 oz I am supposed to.

Ellen, it does seem like in the post op phase you are thinking of food/drink/protein all the time. It does get better. I was to drink something every 15 min. and sometimes just didn't want to.

Killjcarr, I got 3 cc as my first fill (had 4cc already in at surgery) but I have the large band (14cc), but think everyone is different as far as what it takes for them to feel restriction. good luck!

Janet, size 2?? Awesome!! my daughter just got a size 2 dress and was elated, she's normally a 4 or 6.

Lori - in dresses I usually wear a 10 - it's my pants that are 4 or 6.. Don't ask me why - but I can't explain the 2 either:biggrin2:

Hi all tonight, Today is Wednesday and I weigh on Wed. I have lost 25 lbs. I am thrilled:tt1::wink2::tt1::eek:. KJill, When did you get banded? Janet we know you are busy trying on all of your new clothes so we will excuse you for a while but are interested in how you girls are all doing one year out. I haven't had a fill yet and go back to Dr. on Aug. 12th but seem to be loosing fairly well so far. Today I had a scrambled egg with ff cheese on top and Decaf coffee for b, was not hungry till supper so I had 1 bbq rib, a salad and half cup of corn on cob. then later I drank a protein bullet. Janet, for some reason I have been queezy for about 3 or 4 days now. Anyone else have that problem? Its not horrible but it is annoying. Anyway happy about my 25 lbs off. Sounds like we are all doing pretty well on this band. Beckyo:rolleyes2:

Becky

CONGRATS ON YOUR 25 LBS - THAT'S GREAT...

I can't say I have ever been queasy due to my band - maybe you have a little bug...

Hi Janet: Glad you had a good time on your reunion!

About what i am eating, I usually have 1 cup of Protein Shake when I get to work (1cup light soy milk and 1 scoop muscle milk light) that is about 140 calories) I have a lot of food allergies, esp milk, egg yolk and oats. That eliminates most cerels (Oats) and cheese. Anyway, I can tollerate a little of the whey in muscle milk, and the soy is ok.

For lunch I usually have 3 oz tuna in 1/2 a whole wheat pita. Sometimes I put it on lettuce (not too often) I have a mild reaction to lettuce and onion.

*I know, it is the pits to have so many food allergies*

For dinner I usually have a bit of meat and veggies. I do feel restriction, or at least I think it is restriction. I feel like something is getting stuck with the first bites of anything, I nearly spit up a small piece of meat the other day. I don't get too hungry. I do try to finish my meals but it takes about 30-40 minutes.

Of course I am still struggling with "head hunger" When it gets really bad I have an Italian Ice (40 calories or some almonds or walnuts (10 each).

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to have my bladder and kidneys checked for infection or whatever to see why I retain so much Fluid lately (this has never really be a problem for me and my bp is 118/78 so that is great!)

As far as exercise, I walk about 30 minutes 3-4 days a week and ride my bike about 1-2 days a week for about 1 hour. I have a gym membership and I intend to go back there soon.

What do you think?

Cathy

Quick adding of your calories maybe you aren't eating enough food and that will stall your weight loss.

Last weekend on my trip had a few drinks - ate out every night - even had some Cookies & ice cream - didn't exercise from Wed til last night (well all the mall walking but no real exercise) and I only gained 1/2 lbs

I really expected a bigger gain - more like 3-5 lbs... But it goes to show that you do have to vary your calories...

Ok I gotta get to work - I will ck back later....

Good evening. I got my phone call from the surgeon's office today. I am going to have my gall bladder surgery a week from tomorrow (Friday), August 8th. Today is my 8 week 'bandversary' and my next surgery is almost 2 mos to the day of my banding. Same dr., same hospital. I'm nervous but anxious to have it behind me.

On a positive note, I was down 2 more pounds today for a total of 47!!! 3 more and I am half way to 100!!

Good evening. I got my phone call from the surgeon's office today. I am going to have my gall bladder surgery a week from tomorrow (Friday), August 8th. Today is my 8 week 'bandversary' and my next surgery is almost 2 mos to the day of my banding. Same dr., same hospital. I'm nervous but anxious to have it behind me.

On a positive note, I was down 2 more pounds today for a total of 47!!! 3 more and I am half way to 100!!

Congrats, Long, on your weight loss. I am glad you only have to wait a week for surgery. You will recover in no time. How many calories do you eat in a day? I am thinking I need to bump mine up from 700-800 to 800-900. I think my body may be in starvation mode. I thought I would lose more with less calories, but my son, who was banded a couple of years ago, said I need to eat more. What do you think?:biggrin:

I eat about 700-900 calories in a day, rarely more and sometimes less. I try to watch more my Protein. I haven't noticed much of a difference since my small fill yesterday in my restriction. Was hoping for more so hopefully I can get another fill soon after surgery.

I eat about 700-900 calories in a day, rarely more and sometimes less. I try to watch more my Protein. I haven't noticed much of a difference since my small fill yesterday in my restriction. Was hoping for more so hopefully I can get another fill soon after surgery.

I am gonna up mine too. Janet gave a pinto bean Soup recipe. Dh is off tomorrow and I am gonna get him to make it. It sounds yum! I will have to calculate that one.

Long, You will do fine on your gallbladder surgery, plus you will feel better after its over. Well girls, I think I finally overate tonight and it wasn't anything bad but didn't think I had restriction. I feel sick at my stomach and maybe I don't have restriction. Maybe its just that I am not used to eating very much. Anyway, Janet glad to hear you are back. I am happy about the 25 and can't wait for the next 25 to come off. Kjill, your weight loss is just fine. Everyone looses a different pace. I just can't believe I have lost this much in 7 weeks. This band is great. I feel queezy again tonight. Talk with ya all later.

Beckyo

Beckyo - I'm curious about your overeating "feeling". I'm still on liquids, but I think when I take too much in I might be over-doing it. It's like a heavy feeling, and then a burp waiting to happen. Is that what it feels like? Can anyone else describe it?

- Kathy

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :biggrin:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

Hi, I just keep reading your messages each day so I wont feel so down. I was banded on 04/17/08 and have only lost 19 ilbs since surgery. I eat cottage cheese and Protein shakes and eggbeaters everyday and am getting very tired of this i've had one fill and the next day the Md had to remove most of the fill because i could swallow my own saliva. I am getting very discouraged any words of advice thanks for listening

Nancy - why are you eating soft foods? Are you unable to eat more solid food?

19 lbs in roughly 14 weeks is still good. I know how you feel hearing about others losing so fast, but we are all different. I don't know about you but before I started this process, my scale was going in the other direction.