Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious: An example of a days worth of food-after being banded?

I was wondering if anyone who has been banded would mind giving me their menu on any given day? I'm just kind of curious what everyone is eating in a days time. Also if there's any food that you cannot tolerate at all and what works the best with the band. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to gather as much information before being banded!!

Thanks!

Hi, I'm only newly banded so I can't give you a real clear picture - but I thought you should know there's a thread in "Food and Nutrition" called "What did you eat today" that would be helpful to you.

Hi, I'm only newly banded so I can't give you a real clear picture - but I thought you should know there's a thread in "Food and Nutrition" called "What did you eat today" that would be helpful to you.

thanks! I'll go check that out!

I was wondering if anyone who has been banded would mind giving me their menu on any given day? I'm just kind of curious what everyone is eating in a days time. Also if there's any food that you cannot tolerate at all and what works the best with the band. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to gather as much information before being banded!!

Thanks!

I was banded on May 13th so I just ended my two week liquid only phase and now I'm in my two week blended phase. Here's what I typically had during my liquid only phase.

Morning - Yogurt

lunch - Slim Fast shake or Tomato Soup made with low fat milk

dinner - Protein shake or a cream Soup

snack - SF pudding or Jell-O

Dessert - SF popsicle

I drank a lot of water/Crystal Light Iced Tea

On my blended diet phase I'm having:

Morning - Yogurt or Slim Fast shake

lunch - Refried Beans with light sour cream and some non-fat shredded cheese or Slim Fast shake

dinner - Refried Beans or cream soup

Same Snacks and dessert

Still drinking a lot of Water and iced tea

I'm partially unfilled now, so I will share what it was when I was filled (I miss my restriction):

Breakfast - if I eat it, maybe 1/2 - 3/4 of an egg over medium. Maybe 1 - 2 bites of crispy bacon or dry toast.

lunch - usually a small Soup, about 1.5 ladles' worth. Maybe a regular eating teaspoon full of tuna salad or something with it. Or sometimes if I went out, about 1/4 baked potato. Or 2 pieces of sushi.

dinner - I tend to be more open at night than during the day, so I can eat a bit more for dinner. 1/3 Chipotle bol (no rice, extra black beans). Or about a half a fish fillet, or 2 chicken tenderloins.

I've only had one fill so far, and am not very restructed. But, here is my typical menu:

Breakfast: 21 g New whey Protein Bullet mixed with 20 oz crystal lite...I sip on it for a couple of hours typically

Lunch: 2 oz Protein (usually chicken or fish); 1 cup salad (mixed greens, shredded carrots, a few nuts, etc) with 2 T fat free dressing

Dinner: 2 oz protein and 1/2 c cooked veggies and small piece of fruit if still hungry

Snack: if I'm hungry during the day, I may have a small piece of fruit or a sf pudding or yogurt

I eat way more than all of you.

I have two bottles of Water in the morning before breakfast...

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: whole can of tuna... or sometimes a small chilli at wendies... usually about 6 oz.

Afternoon: Water... sometimes milk.

Supper... about a 6oz size of something. chicken does NOT go down easy for me. I like hamburg...

At night I usually have some cheese, and I'll also have 2 dark chocolate pieces with Peanut Butter on them.

Lately, I've been eating more, but I had an unfill and it's not restricted. But, that's what I had mostly ... and I would lose about 1/2 pound to 1 pound per week.

I just started my mushie stage and this is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with cheese

Lunch: 1 serving Pinto's & cheese from Taco Bell

Dinner: chicken salad (pureed) on saltines (about 4)

mid-afternoon snack: applesauce cup

I also try to sip something thru-out the day

Breakfast:

1 cup fat free milk

1 6 oz carton of yoplait light yogurt

.5 cup of all bran extra Fiber

(all blended in a smoothie with vanilla and cinnamon)

Lunch:

1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce

1 oz mild cheddar 2% milk cheese

3 oz Classic Crab

.5 small Tomato

1 tbsp. Kraft light Catalina dressing

Dinner:

2 oz chicken

1 tbsp miracle whip with curry power

.5 cup green Beans

Three bottles of Water, 1 large glass of iced tea, 1 large mug of coffee. For a snack I had half a cinnamon raisin bagel with 1 tbsp. weight watcher's cream cheese.< /p>

I was banded September 6, 2007...

Morning (if I can eat or drink anything) is about 1/2 cup milk

Lunch: 1/2 Taco Bell taco (or 3-5 bites of anything)

Snack: cheese stick

Dinner: 3-5 bites of whatever we're having (usually just the protein)

Because I have a disease where I have to have a lot of carbs, and I only eat mostly Protein, I usually eat or drink something like ice cream or something else with lots of carbs so that I don't have an attack. I'm sure I would lose more weight if I didn't have to do it, but it's necessary to keep me out of the hospital.

I was banded 1/31/08

For Breakfast - sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast w/1% milk or

Slim Fast w/extra Protein

For lunch - 1 pkg. of Cream of Wheat Cereal w/Equal and

Low Fat Yougart

For dinner - chicken or Fish, Steamed Veggies, and maybe a tbl.of cottage cheese

snack (at night) - Rice Cake w/peanut butter

Of course, drink throughout the day and always watch your Protein intake!