Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions Please On Best Tasting Protein Shakes

I like the vanilla Flavored Soy Protien powder from Trader Joe's. Its 120 Cal, 25g protien, 1.5g fat, NO CARBS, & lots of minerals & Vitamins. It even tasts good.

I also enjoy Isopure, 40g protien. not fat or carbs, 160-170 calories, depending on the flavor. Its a great change from a shake.

My favorite flavors of Isopure are Blue Raspberry & Lemon Green Tea. Its sort of like a diet Snapple, with protien. Unfortunately, no Vitamins or minerals, so you need to be sure to take a good multi Vitamin.< /p>

I was banded on May 22nd and am a total of 61 pounds down right now (I lost 41 pds before surgery) I love the Advant-ease shakes. And the whey vanilla with skim milk plus the all time favorite of the bullets hahahahaha........... Even though I am cleared to eat real food now I find myself drinking shakes and etc...untill dinner then a nutricious meal and maybe a couple of sugar free popsycles for later at 15 cal. each. I was told that at least 70 grams of Protein were needed for pre-op and post-op and I did really well with this, no shakes, starving feelings. I also drank chicken and beef broth just for variety. It is a good thing there is such a big variety of things to choose from or we would all be in trouble lol

I seriously believe the 70 grams of protein, low sugar, fat and carbs are the key to a successful liquid diet.< /span>

Cytosport Muscle Milk Light is very yummy 26 grams of Protein per serving my favorite is the banana cream mix in a tsp of sugar free hersheys cocoa powder or 1 or 2 strawberries and your golden. You can also try 1 tbs of Peanut Butter and doll it up. But its good all by itself also

Cytosport Muscle Milk Light is very yummy 26 grams of Protein per serving my favorite is the Banana cream mix in a tsp of sugar free hersheys cocoa powder or 1 or 2 strawberries and your golden. You can also try 1 tbs of Peanut Butter and doll it up. But its good all by itself also

Oh yes.....that sounds really good! :smile2:Thanks for the recipe because I will be trying new things to help keep me focused!!! :unsure:

My Doc has me on High Protein.< /p>

I like the Unjury chocolate, Vanilla, Sorbet also their chicken Soup is really good. those i recommend. Before these i was using Herbal Life, they have a Chocolate and Vanilla that has has 27g of protein- its much more chalky tasting than the Unjury- The unjury have 20g of protein and I do not get tired of drinking them.

I use "All The Whey", chocolate mousse, I blend it with ice and slim milk, it tastes like a shake. I like the fact that the price is right , check it out, it was like 2.5 pounds for like 30.00. they have tons of flavors, I didn't like orange, the good thing is I bought a sample package that comes with like 8 flavors and so you don't have to waste money on a big container, you try them and if you like it you buy the big one.Also you can sprinkle it or add some to yogurts, puddings or anything.

Hi Everyone!

My surgery date is July 2nd and I'm looking for suggestions for the best tasting Protein drinks for pre and post-op surgery. My doctors office recommends Medifast but I heard from some people that they weren't that good tasting. I know nothing will be "gourmet" but it will be nice to have something a little tasty.

Lisa :lol:

I find Carnation instant Breakfast to be the best tasting

and its not as chalky as the rest.It comes in 5 flavors too !:blushing:

I went to GNC and bought a pack (1 serving) of Wheybolic Extemem 60 in chocolate to try. I wanted to taste one before I spend 60$$ for a large canister of it. Here is what the label says:

Calories: 310

from fat: 20

Total fat: 2g

Sodium: 450mg

Carbs: 13g

Protein: 60g

I mixed it up and got it very, very, very cold and it doesn't tase bad!

My question is this?? How many Protein Shakes should we have in the two day post surgery? Is 60 per drink too much??

Thanks a bunch!!

Good luck you guys on the 9th, take some sugarfree mints with you, your mouth is so dry after surgery the nurse gave me some of her altoids, i had some cough drops in my purse and it helped , so maybe sugarfree candy like jolly ranchers or lifesavors? I wouldve killed for some when i was in the hospital. Gas -x works for some people so have some , i like the chewables minty vanilla. have plenty of sugarfree Jello at home, i hate the hunts brand, and broth is gross i liked the cambells or any Soup just drain it. Sugarfree popsicles are great! Tea. and walk as much as possible, take care!!! Nothing to worry about.

Saw this online - shakes, pudding & mousse

DOUBLE DELUXE chocolate FUDGE

mix one chocolate Protein supplement according to directions. Then, add one packet of Swiss Miss fat free and or

sugar free hot cocoa mix and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

Cookies AND CREAM

- mix one vanilla or chocolate Protein supplement according to directions. Next, add four drops of peppermint

extract and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. Then, add four low fat chocolate Nilla wafers,

blend at low speed for 10 seconds.

FROZEN fruit DREAM

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions with 3/4 Water and 1/3 orange juice. then add 1/2 ripe

banana, three frozen strawberries and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

NANA SPLIT

mix one vanilla or chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Next, add 1/2 ripe banana, 1/4 cup

chopped pineapple, three frozen strawberries and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed of 45 seconds.

CHOCOLATE MINT MOCHA

mix one chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Then, add 1 1/2 Tbsp. of General Foods Coffees

Swiss Mocha sugar free, fat free instant coffee, 4 drops of peppermint extract and three ice cubes, Blend at high

speed for 45 seconds.

KEY LIME PIE

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. Next, add two tablespoons frozen lime juice, one

graham cracker (four small squares) and three ice cubes. blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

CHOCOLATE Peanut Butter CUP

mix one chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Then add one tablespoon of all natural peanut

butter and 3 ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

CINNAMON ROLL SUPREME

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. next, add 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. fat free

Butter Buds, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

PROTEIN CUP OF JOE

mix one vanilla or chocolate protein supplement with 50% prepared Decaf coffee and 50% skim milk. Next add 2

tsp of sugar free coca and 3 ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

BROCCOLI Soup

MAKES THREE SERVINGS. 1 1/2 CUPS OF CHOPPED BROCCOLI, 1/4 CUP chopped onion, 1 cup chicken

broth, fat free,1/2 cup of grated fat free cheese (cheddar or Swiss), 2 cups skim milk, 2 Tbs. cornstarch, dash of

pepper, three scoops of designer Protein (natural flavor). Boil vegetables and broth in large saucepan. Reduce heat

and cover until tender (about 10 minutes). Add milk, pepper and cornstarch. Stir until soup thickens. Remove

from heat and add cheese, stirring until melted. Cool, then add Designer Protein.

ORANGE DREAMS

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions, less 2 ounces of liquid. Then add 2 ounces of no pulp

orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon of orange sugar free Tang and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

VANILLA- MAPLE DRINK

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. Next add one teaspoon of pure maple extract and 3

ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

LEMON CRYSTAL

Mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions, substituting Water with crystal light lemon flavored

drink. Next add three ice cubes blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

RASPBERRY TEA CHILLER

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions substituting water with sugar free raspberry flavored

fruit tea. next add 1/2 teaspoon of rum flavoring and three ice cubes, blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

PROTEIN pudding

mix one vanilla protein supplement with approximately two ounces less liquid than directions call for. next add

three tablespoons of your favorite sugar free fat free instant pudding and five ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 60

seconds.

ORANGE PUDDING

3 ounces of boiling water 1 1/2 teaspoons (2/3 envelope) orange flavored sugar free Gelatin, 7 ounces of sugar free

tang and your Protein Powder. Mix well and chill.

SLUSH recipes

designing your own- Mixing instructions pour 6 oz of Fluid into a measuring cub add ice until Fluid line reaches 12

oz marker. pour ice mixture into blender add flavoring and Protein Powder. blend on low speed 2 to 3 seconds

with quick pulses, then blend on high speed until tio mixture is the consistency of a slush.

RASPBERRY SLUSH

6 oz of sugar free raspberry flavored fruit tea and ice to 1/2 teaspoon of rum flavoring and protein powder. Blend

and serve.

HOT beverages

COCOA

mix 1 teaspoon of cocoa to 2 packet of equal sweetener, a dash of cinnamon and9 ox of water to chocolate or

vanilla protein powder.

PEPPERMINT COCOA

1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of chocolate flavoring 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract, a dash of cinnamon and

3 packets of equal sweetener to 9 oz of water and vanilla or chocolate protein powder.

MOUSSE

designing your won- Mixing instructions. Mix 1/2 cup boiling water into Gelatin. Stir vigorously with wire whip

until desolved. Add remaining ingredients to gelatin mixture. Mix well. Pour into container with tight fitting lit.

Put in freezer until set and very cold but not frozen. Mix with electric mixer on high speed until peaks form and

mixture is lightly fluffy. Serve at once Due to the increased caloric content of these mousse recipes, limit to one

per day!

CHOCOLATE MINT MOUSSE

1/2 CUP boiling water, 1/2 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin to 2 packets of equal sweetener. A dash of

cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of creme de menthe extract to a 1/2 cup of water and chocolate protein

powder.

CHOCOLATE ALMOND MOUSSE

1/2 cup boiling water 1/2 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin to 2 packets of equal sweetener. A dash of cinnamon 1

teaspoon of cocoa 1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract to a 1/2 cup of water and chocolate protein powder.

Protein Supplement Recipes

The recipes may be used to increase the taste of your protein supplement and may prevent taste fatigue.

DOUBLE DELUXE CHOCOLATE FUDGE

mix one chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Then, add one packet of Swiss Miss fat free and or

sugar free hot cocoa mix and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

Cookies AND CREAM

- mix one vanilla or chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Next, add four drops of peppermint

extract and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. Then, add four low fat chocolate Nilla wafers,

blend at low speed for 10 seconds.

FROZEN FRUIT DREAM

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions with 3/4 water and 1/3 orange juice. then add 1/2 ripe

banana, three frozen strawberries and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

NANA SPLIT

mix one vanilla or chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Next, add 1/2 ripe banana, 1/4 cup

chopped pineapple, three frozen strawberries and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed of 45 seconds.

CHOCOLATE MINT MOCHA

mix one chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Then, add 1 1/2 Tbsp. of General Foods Coffees

Swiss Mocha sugar free, fat free instant coffee, 4 drops of peppermint extract and three ice cubes, Blend at high

speed for 45 seconds.

KEY LIME PIE

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. Next, add two tablespoons frozen lime juice, one

graham cracker (four small squares) and three ice cubes. blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

CHOCOLATE Peanut Butter CUP

mix one chocolate protein supplement according to directions. Then add one tablespoon of all natural peanut

butter and 3 ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

CINNAMON ROLL SUPREME

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. next, add 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. fat free

Butter Buds, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

PROTEIN CUP OF JOE

mix one vanilla or chocolate protein supplement with 50% prepared decaf coffee and 50% skim milk. Next add 2

tsp of sugar free coca and 3 ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

BROCCOLI SOUP

MAKES THREE SERVINGS. 1 1/2 CUPS OF CHOPPED BROCCOLI, 1/4 CUP chopped onion, 1 cup chicken

broth, fat free,1/2 cup of grated fat free cheese (cheddar or Swiss), 2 cups skim milk, 2 Tbs. cornstarch, dash of

pepper, three scoops of designer Protein (natural flavor). Boil vegetables and broth in large saucepan. Reduce heat

and cover until tender (about 10 minutes). Add milk, pepper and cornstarch. Stir until soup thickens. Remove

from heat and add cheese, stirring until melted. Cool, then add Designer Protein.

ORANGE DREAMS

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions, less 2 ounces of liquid. Then add 2 ounces of no pulp

orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon of orange sugar free Tang and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

VANILLA- MAPLE DRINK

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions. Next add one teaspoon of pure maple extract and 3

ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

LEMON CRYSTAL

Mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions, substituting water with crystal light lemon flavored

drink. Next add three ice cubes blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

RASPBERRY TEA CHILLER

mix one vanilla protein supplement according to directions substituting water with sugar free raspberry flavored

fruit tea. next add 1/2 teaspoon of rum flavoring and three ice cubes, blend at high speed for 30 seconds.

PROTEIN PUDDING

mix one vanilla protein supplement with approximately two ounces less liquid than directions call for. next add

three tablespoons of your favorite sugar free fat free instant pudding and five ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 60

seconds.

ORANGE PUDDING

3 ounces of boiling water 1 1/2 teaspoons (2/3 envelope) orange flavored sugar free gelatin, 7 ounces of sugar free

tang and your protein powder. Mix well and chill.

SLUSH RECIPES

designing your own- Mixing instructions pour 6 oz of fluid into a measuring cub add ice until fluid line reaches 12

oz marker. pour ice mixture into blender add flavoring and protein powder. blend on low speed 2 to 3 seconds

with quick pulses, then blend on high speed until tio mixture is the consistency of a slush.

RASPBERRY SLUSH

6 oz of sugar free raspberry flavored fruit tea and ice to 1/2 teaspoon of rum flavoring and protein powder. Blend

and serve.

HOT beverages

COCOA

mix 1 teaspoon of cocoa to 2 packet of equal sweetener, a dash of cinnamon and9 ox of water to chocolate or

vanilla protein powder.

PEPPERMINT COCOA

1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of chocolate flavoring 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract, a dash of cinnamon and

3 packets of equal sweetener to 9 oz of water and vanilla or chocolate protein powder.

MOUSSE

designing your won- Mixing instructions. Mix 1/2 cup boiling water into gelatin. Stir vigorously with wire whip

until desolved. Add remaining ingredients to gelatin mixture. Mix well. Pour into container with tight fitting lit.

Put in freezer until set and very cold but not frozen. Mix with electric mixer on high speed until peaks form and

mixture is lightly fluffy. Serve at once Due to the increased caloric content of these mousse recipes, limit to one

per day!

CHOCOLATE MINT MOUSSE

1/2 CUP boiling water, 1/2 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin to 2 packets of equal sweetener. A dash of

cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of creme de menthe extract to a 1/2 cup of water and chocolate protein

powder.

CHOCOLATE ALMOND MOUSSE

1/2 cup boiling water 1/2 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin to 2 packets of equal sweetener. A dash of cinnamon 1

teaspoon of cocoa 1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract to a 1/2 cup of water and chocolate protein powder.

Don't know if all protien powder is created equal but my son lifts weights and he uses Body Fortress super advanced whey Protein from Walmart. He is VERY fussy and he said the vanilla and the choc are really good, He didn't like the strawberry. I think hw said it had 52 g per 2 scoops.