Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I had my surgery on 2/24/05 in Monterry, Mexico, I lost 20lbs. in the first 6 weeks. I went back to Mexico on 4/8/05 to get my first fill. He put 1.6cc in. He tried putting in 2 but he said it was too much. I couln't eat anything without throwing it up. I felt hurgry all the time. Now I can eat somethings, but I don't feel like I have enough restriction. Somethings I eat I have to throw up. I am afraid I'm gonna make my band slip. Does anyone know: is it hard to make your band slip? When I have to throw up, it gets like stuck in my esophagus, and it causes me to throw up quite a bit, and I'm afraid my band it gonna slip. Anyway, now I feel I need more restriction. I am a little discouraged, I lost the 20, and I haven't lost anymore. I was waiting for a fill for so long, and I was so excited about getting it and really losing weight fast and now I haven't. I am looking for a fill dr. in my area beacuse I can't fly back to mexico everytime I get hungry!! any words of advice would be great!! thanks

Hi,

I'm in the exact same boat as you! Although I have only lost 15 pounds!! I went for my first fill and he put in 1.6 also. I was restricted for a few days, but that was it!! Now I can eat the house again!! All I can say is what I've heard here, that sometimes it takes 2-3 fills to get to the sweet spot!! I am trying to watch what I eat of course in the meantime b/c I don't want to gain!! I'm hoping to go back for a fill next week. I also got my band in Mexico, but I found a dr. somewhat locally who will do fills for me. Do you have a WISH center in your area, I heard they do fills for Mexican banded patients.

I am trying not to get frustrated also since my fill, I was so ready to feel this thing start working!! Im tempted to go back to liquids to lose again!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Monica

I found a fill doctor in my area real easily and had my first fill with him yesterday.

I found the info on this site under the Oregon peeople.. maybe you can look under your state?

About your band slipping, I have no idea why bands slip.. I really want to know too.

I figure that if I do not PB and do not throw up that I am safe... THATS my goal anyway and pretty much the only thing I can make sure of at this point.

Like yesterday I had my fill, the moment I felt restriction and uncomfortableness I stopped eating... Same with this morning (4 bites of cerial) and I was fine, no PB or anything.

I have heard people here say its not that easy to control, we will see.

I am soooooooooo glad I dont have to go to mexico!

My first time cost 500$ but from now on it will only be 250$ because I need flouro each time.

But with out flouro its just 150$

scottygirl,

I had my first fill on Monday, I think it was 1.75, i am pbing and vomiting all the time now, I hope this gets better. I will call the office tomorrow and find out what the deal is, I hope they didn't give me too much.

Corgi

The first fill can be very difficult to handle, whether it's too little or too much or even just right. It's very hard to get used to the idea that this little band of silicone has such enormous power over something so basic to us, the way we eat.

If you're eating regular food and having trouble, I'd suggest really trying to eat as carefully as possible. The hardest thing to get used to is WAITING between bites, but it's so important to learn. One tiny bite too many can cause a newly banded person great distress. So take it very slowly, let things settle as much as you can between bites. Living with restriction really is a learning process.

As far as being hungry goes, that's normal! You're not supposed to NEVER be hungry--we're human, after all. If you're hungry less then three hours after a decent bandster meal, then there may be an issue. But if that's about the time between hunger pangs, go ahead and have a snack! The rhythm of living on small doses of calories is very different than the giant doses we used to get, and our bodies need to adjust to it.

Corgi, what kinds of foods are causing your problems? Do you think you're not being careful enough? After a bout of PBing or vomiting, I hope you're letting your esophagus rest. That can be very irritating and eating too soon afterwards can lead to a vicious cycle. Stay on fluids and soft things for a couple of days if your doctor doesn't think you need an unfill. Be careful, and take care of yourself!!

well, i cant wait for the pbing and vomiting!!!

I got my first fill and pretty much can eat what i want still

its so frusterating!

I mean once it happens, i will stop[ it due to restriction but when oh when will i get that chance!!??