Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed over trouble adding foods- BIG BABY

Okay, I know I'm being a BIG baby (no pun intended). I'm seriously depressed today after my mistake with starting soft foods yesterday with a scrambled egg. My esaphegous is inflamed (nurse at office over phone) and I'm still uncomfortable and belchy and really down on myself. I'm back on liquids today but can try again tomorrow, and now I'm scared to eat anything. I'm making pureed Soups for future use - sweet potato, and also cauliflower with Black Beans. They'll be delicious, but for now, I'm a silly silly wreck.

Why write it....I guess I'm looking for some sympathy. And some ideas on what I might try tomorrow as I give it another go. The nurse keeps saying "food PROTEIN", but I feel like a small mashed potato would be better plus my Protein drinks. So what if for a day or two I don't get in 75 grams of Protein.

Any ideas out there? I have a tricky stomach at best. What do you think? A small piece of flounder or sole? pureed tunafish? Just the mashed potato the first day? I'm beginning to strongly feel that the best advice is here, not the doctor's office.

Thanks,

Big Baby Gwenn

Butting in from another thread, but I lived on pureed tuna and LF mayo, refried Beans, cottage cheee and potatoes mixed with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder while I was healing. eggs weren't on my list and even unfilled can sometimes cause me problems. There will be foods that you would assume you can eat and ...NOPE! Also you can make some noodle-less lasagne with cottage cheese, riccotta cheese and spaghetti sauce. Make it just like lasagna, bake in muffin tins then stick in the freezer until they are solid enough to remove and store in ziploc baggies. You could also brown ground some hamburger, chicken or turkey and stick it in a food processor until it is VERY, VERY fine and mix it with the lasagna for extra Protein.

Unfortunately NOW is the time you REALLY need the protein for healing. Hopefully some of those suggestions will work. Believe me the pureed tuna is not as bad as it sounds...or look!

Ooohhh...another one. Take some white Beans and puree them with tuna and LF cream of mushroom Soup. It will make a faux tuna casserole. I forgot about that one!

Thanks so MUCH! I really appreciate all the help. I went out and bought "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" and they had some recipes also. I love pureed tuna, just don't usually have Tuna when my belly's been empty. I'm going to try to find some TRULY unflavored Protein powder. I've been using the warm Jello 42 gram stuff and my shakes. I know I have to swtich to food Protein rather than chemical but at least I've been getting as much as I could during my 3 week liquid diet.

I rummaged in the fridge this afternoon and found a head of cauliflower so and Soup fixings, so I threw in a can of black beens with it, cumin and corimander and after it cooked I pureed it. Really good. I could also mix in cheese or Protein Powder. That I don't mind. The cooking's fine. Yesterday was just such a set-back.

Do you know of any website for lap-band recipes? Is there a section here that I'm not seeing?

Thanks again !

Gwenn

I don't know of any recipe sites but there is a thread on here under food and NUTRITION....I think. I LOVE to cook...so for me it was a lot of experimentation. While I was on liquids and mushies I was SOOO afraid to try anything so I pretty much stuck to the items I gave you. I used unjury unflavored Protein powder. I didn't use it much because I could still taste it and I didn't like the fact that my food had to get cold to use it. I think I ate tuna 3-4 times per day! You could also try the canned salmon and crab if you like those. I did salmon a few times, but it required a bit more mayo!

I hate the Protein drinks...would rather cut my tongue out then drink them so I made sure to eat as much of my Protein as I could. I was an Atkins girl so protein for me was not as difficult as it is for some.

Glad those helped. And don't call yourself a big baby...it sounds to me as if you are following the rules and that takes more discipline than any big baby could have.

Good luck!

Thanks, Salsa,

You give good advise. I'm trying pulverized chicken today and later, tuna. I guess I could try the Isopure although those Protein powders do have a taste and smelll strange as well. I had a little bit of cottage cheese this AM and aside form a little burning and tightness, I'm okay so far. My belly is going to react to not just having liquids anymore.....no way around it. But I do so envy those who are able to have sushi a week after banding. But I've always had a dicey stomach so why wouldn't it act up now?

You gave me good advise and I thank you a lot. I love these boards!!

Gwenn

Hi- Your pulverized chicken was a winner. Even with mayo it is a bit dry, but I added the broth and then was fine. Yesterday was great and it really made a difference all around. Mood also. I'm also a Protein girl.

Today I tried to move outward a bit... mistake. I ate more than the 4 oz and felt over done. Then a couple of hours later was hungry (not sure if head or body) so I took another spoonful of chicken and when it happened later I did it again. Diet wise not an issue. Just proteina nd my calories are so low it really doesn't matter. But the dry stuff stuck a bit. I had ices and now made dinner. I used salmon instead of chicken, same pate concept. Delicious too. Ate a little while cooking. Now- HEARTBURN. Burping, burping. I guess the salmon might still be little too oily for me? Just guessing. It sounds like I ate a lot more today but actually I didn't. Just spread it way out, spoonful at a time.

Now I"m enjoying a cup of peppermint tea to see if it will sooth. And a gas pill!

So, I'm still a bit behind, but gaining a little momentum and that's good.

Gwenn