Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any bandsters in Macon GA area?

I was banded on January 31st by Dr. Bagnato in Albany and drive 2 hours each way for my fill appointments. Anyone else out there in the Macon or middle GA area? It would be nice to chat with local bandsters! :biggrin2:

I live in Eatonton and got banded in April but had mine in Atlanta. How's it going for you?

Kat - I'm down in Douglas (Coffee County) was also banded by Dr. B. How are things going for you? Are you pleased with the band?

Nip50- looks like you're doing great. 118 in 7 months!!! I have to ask how are you doing it? What are you eating, how much are you excercising, etc...any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!

Momof5 - Honestly I'm not doing anything special. I just strictly follow the bandster rules. Protein first, then good carbs and vegies. No drinking with meals, and I only drink Water. As far as exercise, I walk on the treadmill 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes and not much more. I've had 2 fills so far, I have 5 cc's in a 14 cc band and that's been all I need. At times I think I need another fill, but honestly I'm fine where I'm at. I also log in my food at fitday.com (at least a couple days a week) and try to keep it between 800-1000 calories a day and around 60-70g of Protein.< /p>

So, I assume you have 5 children. Boys, girls, pets? Ages? I have 4 boys, 3 teenagers and one a little older. I'm sure they keep you busy.

When were you banded and how are you doing so far?

I have three boys and two girls ages g14yrs, b8yrs, g7yrs, b5yrs and b19 months. They definitely keep me busy - as you know how that goes and that is why I decided to have the surgery. I wanted to be healthy for them.

I was banded on April 23rd and had my first fill June 7th. I have lost 26lbs since the surgery. That was mostly all in the first 3 weeks. The 4th week post-op was torture. I was starving!!! Then I had my fill but I am still able to eat anything with no restriction. I hope to have another fill in a week or two...definitely don't want to regain any weight.

I am excercising atleast 45 minutes a day. I normally walk and then do resistance training. I am losing inches because my clothes are falling off. Just wish the scales would move some too!

I need to follow your lead with counting calories. I don't drink anything but Water either but my doctor told me to eat 1 to 1&1/2 cups of food per meal. I can handle that, it's just the in between times that give me a problem. I am going to get more Protein to have on hand! And start counting those calories.

So, is it burning up down in South Georgia? It has finally started warming up here. The worst is all the mosquitos! They seemed to come out over night!

Hi, Kat,

I'm in the Warner Robins area and I have my first appt w/ Dr. Bagnato next month! It has been nice to see he has so many happy patients on this site. :frown: I am starting to get excited -- it has taken years for me to finally decide to do this and now I'm ready! :sad:

mom2max - keep us posted and let us know what you think of Dr. B. I think you'll really like him.

Hello fellow Maconites! I'm a former Maconite who is going to be relocating back in Macon in the next few months. I was banded the end of September in Chicago. I really like my doctor and his team here but since I'm moving back to where there is warmth; I am going to need to find a doctor there.

Is there not a doctor in Macon that can do fills and any followup that would be needed?

I guess I'm will need to be sure to see my doctor here right before I leave Chicago.

Thanks

Hello..I also live in Macon. I went for my first appointment with Dr. Bagnato last week. They were so nice. I found out on Friday that my insurance co is not willing to pay...So i applied for a loan. I'm waiting on an answer (hopefully an approval)! It's a long drive but I really like the staff there. So how are you doing so far?

80sBaby,

I'm doing really pretty good. I have lost amost 36 lbs now and haven't gotten into the swing of exercising daily. But since I am no longer working the high stress job that is my new focus, which should help with the weight lost. I do still have to deal with the head hunger but when I realize what I'm doing I pull it back under control. there are times when i will totally forget to eat. I think one of the toughest thing I'm dealing with is trying to retrain my family that I don't eat the way I use to. Most of them don't know that I had surgery. My mother is constantly trying to feed me when I visit.

I don't have any regrets about having the surgery. My insurance denied me the first time. Did you ask as to why your insurance won't cover it? Is it something that they don't cover the procedure? If they do cover the procedure but haven't approved it for you, please push to find out why. Sometimes they just want to see who is going to just except the first rejection.

Congrats on losing 36 pounds!! That is great! I know how you feel about your family always trying to get you to eat. My mom even cooks stuff and brings it to my house a few days a week. I do not plan on telling her about the surgery until I am scheduled and all my ducks are in a row. I'm not sure how she will react?

As far as insurance, my plan does not cover any type of weight loss surgery. I talked with the guy at surgeryloans.com last night and he said he should have me an answer and monthly payment amount sometime today...I've been waiting all day for the phone call :cursing: I've pretty much decided in my head what my financial limit is and I've got to stick to it.

In the meantime, keep on losing those pounds girl!!! :tongue:)

Brandy

Hi Fellow Georgians! I am really interested in finding anyone close to talk to about Lap Band. I got banded in March 09 and I have really struggled many times. I think having someone to talk to would make it so much easier.

I had an over fill a few months ago and was miserable, but got an unfill and feel so much better. Sometimes I feel like I have eaten too much but haven't. I throw up several times a week... is this normal?

Hi kat, I'm in Macon, Ga..not banded yet..I am going through dr. bagnato for surgery..LAP-BAND®..My ins company keeps coming up with things I must do..I met w/my doctor in 12/08..and we went over diet plans and she precribed some diet pills for me..and gave me refills for 12 mons...I went back to her 08/09 and she went over diet plan and I mention I wanted the LAP-BAND® surgery..and put in her notes that she agree for me to have LAP-BAND® surgery../i'm w/bcbs ppo and I don't know if they want me to go every month to the doctor for diet plan or..would my doctors notes would be okay..I first submitted a letter from my doctor..and then they adv they needed..notes../any advice? thanks:thumbdown:

Hello..I also live in Macon. I went for my first appointment with Dr. Bagnato last week. They were so nice. I found out on Friday that my insurance co is not willing to pay...So i applied for a loan. I'm waiting on an answer (hopefully an approval)! It's a long drive but I really like the staff there. So how are you doing so far?

Who is your Insurance Company? I have BCBS of Arkansas and I'm nervous they aren't going to cover it...I met with Dr. Bagnato yesterday...I'm excited and nervous :thumbup: