Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man, that must have been an emotional rollercoaster. It's amazing how people who have the least grasp of what is going on can so totally screw up what seems to be a done deal. I am so glad it all worked out. Did the office person at least apologize to you?

Just think how much fun and stamina you'll have with those new babies in your updated body!

Best of luck!

Hey Kat!

I am so excited for you to come join me on the "plastics" side! BUT if I can offer a bit of advice, breathe, breathe more than you have ever breathed before. It sounds so simple, but it is so simple to forget after surgery!! Pretend you are hot and heavy with the DH and breathe.....please trust me!

I am so excited for you! WOO HOO!

BTW, I had to sign the "no pre authorization" form. It SUCKS!

Hey Kat - wow that really was a zinger to throw at you! As I read about you laying there thinking about the panny and what to do it brought back memories for me. After my first consult I was so disappointed that I felt like why bother with the 2nd? Then as I pondered the situation I realized I didnt' care if I couldn't get the full tt, that if all I could get them to cover was the panny then so be it, it was all that skin that I was hating anyway. Well of course you know insurance did cover the full tt - and I'm as happy as a pig in poop! I'm loving my tt and I know you're going to love yours too. I'm glad you are busy so this week flies by for you. I know my last week before surgery flew by, I made myself VERY busy. I'm so excited for you!

WOOHOO!!!

I was like the mail----through rain, sleet, hail, snow, and even a few minutes of sunshine, 13 hours of crappy weather---but I am home, and totally unfilled in preparation for Tuesday!!!

I am not hungry yet----that was my fear! So far I feel no differently, but it did feel different eating dinner last night. I was not "full". But I ate what I knew I would have with restriction, and stopped, and have been fine with it.

I am usually really tight in the morning, so I eat a late Breakfast if at all. Today I do not have the tight feeling, but have not been feeling hungry, so just going to go along like it is filled in there. The thought of going out, and pigging out is there.....don't get me wrong. But the scale is still moving down---slowly, but down none the less....so using that for motivation.

Plus I will be doing things this weekend, that are not normal---snacking etc. So trying to behave while I can!!!!!!!!

Anyway---one step closer. YAY!!!

Kat

Kat - you have the perfect attitutude about being unfilled. I have been unfilled for almost a month and have lost 5 pounds. I will be unfilled until further notice. My surgery date is 7/03 but I needed to start maintaining and apparently I can't even do that unfilled. However I took the same approach that you di. I just pretend like I still have restriction. For me I actually do. I pb'd on chicken the other night. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO THAT UNFILLED!!

Good luck...surgery should be here before you know it!

Karri,

even unfilled you do have some restriction (normally dont have a piece of silicone wrapped around your stomach, so there's somethign)...

if you are stressed, etc that could cause swelling and voila... a PB.

Kat,

im so excited for you!!!

Yeah I was an idiot and ate too quickly. I really never tolerated fills very well! I can't imagine what would have happened if I would have gotten the news that Kat got! I would have probably PB'd on my own saliva.

Kat I am soooo excited for you! I am missing the trip with the Lucky#7s because I will be recovering...so you are lucky...you get to do both!

Thanks so much, I am hoping it is a smooth and event free recovery story!!!!

Went in today and paid my $500.00 co pay, so that is done. I also gave him my band Dr.'s card and message to call him if he has any questions about where to place my port---and he said he thought he would go in and sit down and do just that. My port now is high, just a few inches below my left breast, but my band Dr. said with as much as my skin gives now it might end up at my waist if he does not reposition.

Plus it was a little harder to tap for the unfill, the loose flab hanging over it is causing it to be slightly tipped down. So....he said to show him where it is now and have him attempt to put it back in the general area. But by now I imagine they have spoke, and he knows!

I will try to check in tomorrow before I leave for the airport.

I feel like the excitement, could just vibrate me across the floor like one of those kids toys!!

Kat

Kat...leaving in the morning for a mini vacation and just wanted to wish you luck on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you. Wishing you a quick recovery. Take care of yourself. Also, congrats on the grandbaby. Hugs!

Kat!! I'm sooooo happy for you :party:

You have been such a huge inspiration on here and I love reading your posts. You will be in my prayers for your surgery tomorrow!!

Gen (wombat)

Kat:

Wishing you well on your plastic surgery. Enjoy your vacation with friends, but rest up too so that you'll heal well.

I look forward to reading your post-surgery posts.

Take care.

Sue

That's sweet Gen------but I actually don't have surgery until next Tuesday. I am leaving tomorrow for a mini vacation with the Shrinking Violets LBT group, coming home Monday night and having surgery Tuesday morning!!! I like busy!!!!

I just won't be back here I figure until it is all over! But thanks sooooo much for the good wishes you guys have no idea how much I appreciate them!

Hugs~

Kat

Kat,I know I'm just echoing everyone else's sentiments, but I really enjoy your posts and the lovely advice you give to people! By the time you read this your surgery will probably be over with, but know that I was pulling for you the whole time! Best of healing to you!Robin