Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep, Tummy Tuck, here I come!!!

I am on the schedule for May 20th---less than 2 weeks now. I am so excited it is truly hard to believe.

The plan as it stands now, is for a Full Tummy Tuck, with mons lift, and minimal Lipo.

I am getting close to goal weight, and as we have followed through with appointments, I have continued to drop additional pounds, but my belly measurement does not change.

He said he plans to do some muscle repair, as we know I have a torn muscle (mean a$$ ex husband) and also stretched muscles from pregnancies.

I have BCBS of TX, and they approved it as a medical necessity. I have documentation of the muscle tear, as well as several skin breaks -- it literally just tears from the weight of itself---so nasty!!! I also had documentation of rashes under the pannus. I have had it for years, and hated it with a passion, I am so blown away to think soon it will be gone!!!!

Thank you Steph, and Julie, and everyone who has been there lately sharing all your steps with me---I look forward to sharing mine with those following me.

I will post pics after it is done....I cannot imagine I am saying that I will show this monstrosity!!!

I am going on a mini vacation, to meet up with my fellow Shrinking Violet bandsters from the 16th to the 19th of May, come home the night of the 19th, and have surgery the morning of the 20th! I figured it would keep my mind occupied!!!

I have no children at home, and no job to get back to, so when I clean before leaving on my trip, my DH will keep it that way....he is much neater than I am!!!

Will update as I see the surgeon the last times before the big day!!

Let the FUN begin!!!

Kat

Whoo Hoo Kat!!! Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

You really planned this out in a great way. Having a wonderful vacation with your friends is an excellent way to distract yourself from any pre-surgery anxiety.

I am SO jealous that insurance is covering this for you. I have excellent insurance BUT (and this is a huge but), my policy has a weight loss exclusion, so my Lap Band surgery was not covered.

Because my hanging skin in the abdomen area doesn't seem to be causing any medical problems, I didn't even bother trying to get it covered. I know your medical problems related to the hanging skin must have been really bothersome, but looking back, I bet you're glad you had them now :biggrin:!

Look forward to hearing from you again soon!

:thumbup::smile::party:

Kat. Wonderful news for you. It's all of you breaking ground b/4 us that make our future PS not seem so overwhelming. So many of my PS questions have been answered on this forum without even asking.

I, too, have will have to have muscle repair and have widening scar tissue from a few other previous surgeries. I am hoping that ins. will take care of some of it. I am very tired of the rash under my panni and boobs and it hasn't even been past the mid-60's here yet. I cannot imagine what summer will bring.

Please keep us up to date on your progress. I so appreciate everyone's stories and photos of their PS. Pretty brave to display hanging tummies for the world to see but the after photos are so amazing.

Good luck to you, Kat. You've come a long way and deserve that last step in your journey.

Wow Kat, best wishes! I know you are so excited, and I'm excited for you.

Kat I know how excited you are. I'm so happy for you. Its a tough surgery but before you know it you'll be feeling great. I feel better everyday. Just getting rid of that extra skin is so freeing! I put a pair of jeans on this morning and said to my dd - omgoodness my tummy is flat! I've always had that bulge down there and its gone. She says well duh you did just have surgery to take care of it. I said yeah I know but I've been so sore and swollen that I never really digested the fact that my tummy is flat yet. YAY!!! my tummys flat and your's will soon be too!

Caution - do not sneeze after surgery. Oh Lord ... thats what I was crying all day yesterday. Oh Lord it hurts. I've taken several doses of airborne and some benedryl so I think I've got it nipped in the bud but good grief it hurt when I was sneezing.

Kat, you will love your Tummy Tuck. It is so nice not to have a pannus and rashes anymore. Just take it easy the first couple of weeks and you should be okay. I finally get my drain out on Monday so wish me luck.

Congratulations, Kat. That's wonderful. I hope everything goes well and easy for you.

Thanks so much!!!

Steph I have been having massive allergy attacks the last few days. I am horribly allergic to lilacs, and they are all blooming, but it mostly affects my eyes--now so much sneezing----but I will do my best to avoid it!!

When I had my hysterectomy---it was a hip bone to hip bone incision with a vertical then about 5 inches up--due to the cancer Dx. I remember the first time I sneezed, I about peed my pants!!!

Julie, I bet you will be thrilled when the last drain is gone. He told me there is no way to guess how long a drain will remain in. He said there is just no way to know how the body will respond. But, since he is close to where I live, I can be checked frequently.

All day as I tugged down a shirt I wore, feeling it was not enough coverage, I would think....not much longer, not much longer! I cannot imagine a flat stomach!!!

I also was given 3 pairs of jeans by my neighbor that are a size down from mine. They are 12's----so hoping soon they fit!!!

I am so glad to have you all on this journey with me!!! Thanks for all the support!!!

Kat

Kat - I am sooo excited for you...but jealous. I still have almost 2 months before mine! I can't imagine a flat tummy! Good luck.

Kat,

...aaahh, a flat tummy! :thumbup:

I have a LONG way to go for that, but a girl can dream, can't she. You are so lucky!! I am so blasted envious, but in a good way. I always need somehow to look far ahead in the distance to keep me in the now.

Fantastic!

Hi Kat! Sending lots of good vibes your way for a speedy recovery. I know how happy you are to be having this surgery, no more pulling those shirts down!

I've been MIA for a little bit. Vacation one week, a fill that wasn't so good, a slight unfill and kind of back to normal, now.

Have fun on your Shrinking Violets weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks!!!

Today was my final appointment before surgery. It did not go well from the start! The office girl was basically just supposed to get me to sign my releases, explain the do's and don'ts, and he would poke his head in the door, and give me my Rx, and we would be done.

She brings in my paperwork, and says she really wanted to talk with me, that although my chart says there was insurance approval, when she called to get a pre authorization, BCBS would not give her one, said it had to be submitted AFTER the procedure. I ask her several questions, she said they may go right ahead and pay, but since they declined a pre auth, they may deny me. Well I read the requirements, and know I qualify with my history etc, so I told her fine schedule me anyway. So she brings me my release forms and it all says panniculectomy not referring to anything else. So I ask her about the muscle repair, and she told me no----that insurance does not cover cosmetic, and muscle repair is cosmetic. I was so upset, I know what he told me, and I ask her to look back through my chart...she said no it is on the schedule for a panniculectomy, not a Full Tummy Tuck.< /strong>

Then she could not find record of my EKG and blood work from last November, so she sent me over to get them redone. I will be surprised if my EKG is normal, I was so upset!

While I lay there doing those things, I pondered what to do. I mean even a panniculectomy would remove the worst of this, and make me appear normal, even if I did not have superior muscle tone. So I called my DH on the way back to the office, and he said to ask to talk to the Dr., and he was on his way. So I went back, and Belinda, his nurse showed me to a room---and I began asking her what was going on---she had no idea!

So a few minutes later, DH walks in, and right on his heels is the Dr, he said no, no, no.....there was no pre auth needed, there is a $500.00 co pay---and that is it. And he IS doing a Full Tummy Tuck, with muscle repair. He is not going to contour muscle. He explained it saying contouring is going in to healthy muscle and tightening it to make a more hourglass shape, etc. But with my build there is not much reason for it....I have no hips to finish out the hourglass!!!

So....we are all set to go Tuesday Morning!!! I get an exact surgery time on Friday. I have to call from my mini vacation in TX to find out a surgery time.

Tomorrow I go for a full unfill. I am not looking forward to it at all. I am so happy with where I am, and praying I can get back to this point without issue. Plus it is a 13 hour round trip drive, and DH is not going to be able to go with me.....damn job!

So......I will check in with everyone on Thursday, for the last time. I am going to be gone for the unfill tomorrow, then home Thursday morning. Then Thursday afternoon I am driving to Albuquerque to fly out to meet the Violets, for a few days. I fly home Monday night, and have surgery Tueday morning.....wooohooo!!!!

PS---Gotta share my happy news. Our youngest DD is pregnant!!! She and her DH have been married for 4 years, and just found out, she is not due til January!! But a new baby!!! I have a feeling over the next year or so, all 3 of our kids will present a new one! Babies---gotta love 'em!

Thanks for all the support, I am so excited again I could bust!

Kat

Way to go Kat. It is nice that your DH is so supportive. I pray everything goes well and is an easy recovery. :wink2:

Wow, that WAS a rocky start to that office visit! Glad everything turned out ok in the end.

Congrats on becoming a grandmother! I'm still waiting. DD is married almost 6 years now, says she's not ready. Yeah, but I am! LOL.

So much happy news for you!!!!!