Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey gang! I just wanted to give you a quick update on how I'm doing since I haven't been online much. I sliced my finger open with a cat food can and had to get four stitches so typing is NOT easy. I've also had a rotten cold that makes me sleep from the time I crawl in to work until I crawl back again. I've been peeking in on you girls though. I miss you!

SOoooo, enough whining about me, I wanted to give the good news and the bad about my weight loss. The good news is that I've lost three more pounds in the last two weeks. The bad news is that I'm pretty sure that I'm officially the slowest loser in the Double V's. Oh well, at least I'm saving all of you from that title! I've lost 19 pounds in ten weeks. Which I suppose is exactly what the stinkin' doctor thinks is successful. (around 1-2 pounds a week), but I still feel like a failure. I'm not too discouraged, though. People at work SAY they are "seeing it in my face" and I think I can tell a slight difference in the way my pants fit. I'm going to keep on truckin'!

Talk to you soon!

Gibson

I know it must be extremely frustrating to be losing slowly; however, on the bright side, that will give your body more time to adjust and for the skin to reshape around your body! Also, you weigh less than when you started this whole ordeal so any progress is good. Slow and steady wins the race right? I don't know if there is anything you can change in your diet to help move things along. All I can say is to make sure you are getting plenty of Water (or other sugar free fluids), get plenty of Protein and watch your carbs. Of course, you already know this :)

Just keep up the great work! You ARE making progress! If it makes you feel any better, I've heard of people losing a lot slower than you so you aren't the slowest by a long shot!

Take care of that finger and your cold!

I'm sending you some cyber-Neosporin and virtual Vitamin C in the hopes you'll be feeling better very soon. I've been feeling very quiet lately and need some of your brand of humor to perk me up. Take care of yourself.

Hey, I'm the second slowest loser.. :-) And guess what, we should be happy!!! Like the others said, we are less than what we use to be, so that's all that counts and we are consistently losing weight. I haven't lost more than 40 lbs like most of the others have, but I'm still happy with what I have lost.

Sorry about your hand! It made me cringe when I read that. lol. OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

Hey Gibson! I sure miss you around here! We need you to liven this place up sometimes. So, when your finger gets better and you aren't so busy, come and talk to us... :angry_smile:

I think you are doing an awesome job. Hey girl, your pants are getting loose and people are noticing. Those are the two best results of weight loss in my humble opinion. I love it when I have to toss out a pair of pants because they just don't fit anymore, or when I go to the office and people tug on my pants and tell me, "dang girl, you are just melting away!" That just makes my day!! I does make it all worth while.

Don't worry about the amount of time it is taking to show on the scale. As long as it is going down, then you are doing it right! Before you know it, more months will have passed and more pounds will have been lost. I think you are awesome! :)

It doesn't matter how fast or slow it is coming off, at least you are losing and it sounds like it is pretty consistent. Keep up the good work, this sure isn't easy!!!

I'm a slow loser too...I need to have a loss any day now. It is discouraging when you do everything you are supposed to do and the scale won't budge!

I hope you are feeling better! Colds are never fun...they kick you in the behind everytime! Typing cannot be easy either!

Hey Gibson, sorry to hear you're under the weather and injured on top of it all. Hope things perk up for you soon. As far as being the slowest loser, maybe not, or maybe I'm tied with you. I've lost all of 9 pounds since my surgery on 2/15. The other 8 showing on my ticker is what I lost the week before surgery. How sad is that???? I lost more in 1 week than I have lost in the past 10 weeks after surgery.:frown:

I do agree with what the others have said. Losing slowly is better than losing a lot fast. Your body has a chance to adjust to it's new size and the skin will hopefull shrink back down so you won't need ps down the line.

Hang in there, we're all here for you.

Slow and steady wins the race, Ms. Gibson. I am not a quick loser either, but I don't mind. Give us a Little more time, and we will be FINE! I mean fine in the supersexy way as well as the feeling fine thanks way.

Don't stress it.

I'm slow too... about 22 lbs (and that includes the weight before surgery). Some people just have good metabolisms.. we just have to find a way to stick this thing out until we get good restriction. I lose about 1 lb per week and I don' think I could do any better with my diet. Keep hanging in there. I know that it's depressing to get on the scale and not see a change... just don't let the depression lead you to the fridge. That's my daily battle.

I've got to go back to work soon so I'm not always so close to a refrigerator!