Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! My lap band is schduled for Friday, May 9th! I'm alternately excited and terrified. Is this normal?? Also, I think I need to avoid reading too much. I feel fairly prepared as I've read all of the materials given to me by my Doctor and I've attended the classes, talked to several banders in my area. Today I read on here about livers being too large and I wasn't required to do a pre-surgery diet...only have to do Clear Liquids the day before. I've watched fat and carbs somewhat over the past two weeks but now I'm really scared that I didn't do enough.

How did those of you that are already banded keep the fear at bay the last few days!!!:lol::lol:

It's totally normal! I spent 8 months preparing for the surgery and when it got as close as a week or so... I started getting a little nervous. My doctor only required the liquids the day before which worried me due to the issues I had read about the liver. As far as I know.. he had no problem! Trust in what YOUR doctor tells you to do. He knows what is best for his abilities! I took it as my doctor knew enough about what he was doing that he could handle it. And he did.

Stay focused on the goal!! You'll do FINE!!

PreOp diets are mainly in direct relation to your BMI and how you carry your weight.........

and yes... the fear of the unknown is quite normal!

Let me just say! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! congrats

Hey I think everyone is nervous. It is surgery and you are starting down a new path in life with major changes coming your way. Totally normal. As far as the diet goes....some doctors do them some do not. I read a book about a woman who was having gastric bypass who went out and ate Ruth Chris steak the night before!! I can not imagine.....paying for Ruth Chris much less eating one before I was going to have surgery. Apprehension is normal, if you weren't the least bit apprehensive I think that would be odd. Good luck! I am sure you will do great.....keep us all posted.

I felt the same way in the days leading up to my surgery. I was done on 1/31/08. I also did not have to follow any special diet before surgery so I kinda went overboard there. I had my doubts but just kept thinking about feeling better in the future, then I just held my breath and did it!!! It was not a bad recovery as long as you follow the doctors instructions. I have lost 47 lbs to date and am so glad that I didn't listen to my inner fears and went ahead with the lapband surgery. Best wishes and I hope all goes well for you!!

I was so scared! I was Banded on 12/10/07 It was not bad at all.....

You will be so happy when it is all over...So worth it....

Just dream about how great you will fill and look....

Davia

Lapdeb I am also getting banded mine is in 7 days!!!!!! My doctor only asked that I try to eat more Protein less carbs and take a chewable Vitamin everyday and just try and practice chewing more and drinking nothing with meals etc. I am scared to death by excited all the same. Make sure you post your weight loss for us all to share in your success.

Hey all you bandsters that are ready for op, GOOD LUCK! If you are anything like me, you will be so glad you went through with it.

It is so very normal to feel scared one minute and excited the next. I was a basket case and frankly was almost unbearable to be around. Now, I am getting slim and more confident as each week passes. I have lost 34 lbs in 3 months!!

Thank you so much! Dr. Miles is my Doctor as well so I'm very happy you replied! ou have made my day! The folks at St. Vincent's so far have been very nice and helpful!

Hang in there. It's completely normal to feel that way, I think it would be odd not to feel that. The day of my surgery, waiting to go to pre-op, gowned and IV in place and I was questioning if I should be doing this. I think my husband thought I was crazy. If you're like me, who is at least 100 lbs. overweight, I knew I couldn't live that weight forever. Just focus on the future and how much healthier you will be. Take it one day at a time. It will all be worth it.

Hi Lapdeb! I am being banded on Friday, May 9th too!! I can't say I have fear but there are a whole lot of other emotions going on!! I think we will be just fine!! Good luck and let's touch base afterwards.