Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I didn't die! Thank you Jesus!

"Be careful when taking this prilosec - please crush well before taking it!

Also, I remember you attempting the v-8 juice several threads ago. Hang on to that thought for now... tomatoes are very acidic and can cause stomach irritation.

I got a look at the Prilosec pill after DH got home from the drug store...NO WAY! I haven't taken it, it would never go down. And then the box says do not crush or chew...since it's sustained relaese I'd be getting the whole dose at once. So I'm waiting until after I see the Urgent Care doc in the morning...going to get an IV bag of fluids-YES!

And I think you are exactly right about the V-8...looking back, I felt the swelling and difficulty passing through the liquids coming on, probably due to the V-8, and then the Jello PB, well, it was all down hill from there. No more V-8 for a long time!!!

Hey Rebecca, they VIDEO tape it? That's cool. I don't know which Dr Kuri does, video or audio only, but either way, it's cool. :D

OH! and Paula, the fruit juice I had been drinking were the mango and guava Nectars, and some others but I got them at Wal-Mart in well, the juice section, but they sell them in the grocery store too in the Mexican foods sections. I guess Hispanic people use them alot, maybe in cooking and preparing foods, but, yes, they are yummy! and nutritious.

Thanks everyone for the info on taking anti-inflammatories. I always do take them when I'm eating something. I hope that's good enough since I don't know what I'd do without them. I have a heel problem that swells up and hurts during the day while I am standing on it all day. A month before I had lap band surgery I had bunion surgery and hammertoe surgery--things they could correct with my feet. But the heel problem not much they could do--except maybe cortisone shots and I didn't really think I wanted to go there. Really hurts to get them, doesn't always work, and often just leads to more cortisone shots which aren't really that good for you.

Kathy--I'm glad they will give you some IV fluids. And sounds like with no hassles? Cool. Do you have to pay emergency room rates in order to get the fluids? Hopefully I will never need that but just curious.

Yes--they video tape all their surgeries--there's a little camera in the ceiling of the operating room. There's no audio though. They said something like you don't want to hear all the conversations that go on during surgery. :0) They're probably right . .

Kathy: I am starting to get really worried now. Come and check in and let us know you are ok.

HUGS!!

I'm here!! I'm okay! Thanks you guys.

Okay, here's what happened. I went to the Urgent Care, after an hour got back to a room, told the nurse what was up, she left, came back and said I need to go to an ER because of the band, they can't do anything about the band. I said "I don't want you to, I just know how few fluids I've had in the past 3 days and I getting dehydrated" start to cry, she leaves, the PA who, as far as I can see, is the only Dr on duty, comes in and I explain the band, what's going on, how I have called my surgeon, what he said, how I can get to my local band doctor on Monday, could I just have a bag of fluids so I don't get dehydrated before Monday...so she did, and the nurses here blew a vein in my hand but got the one in my inner arm (I was REALLY appreciating the little Mexican nurses at this point!) and a full bag went in in maybe 1/2 hour. The nurse pulled out the needle before checking with the Dr or I'll bet I would have taken another bag...dumb ole nurse, but I wasn't gtting stuck again! So she gave me a prescription for liquid Zantac (ranitidine, what I had in my IV at the hospital) since I can't take pills.< /p>

So I come home and sip the tiniest of sips and the Zantac (NASTY) goes down great, chased with a bit of water-room temp-and I take a nap. So I wake up and I'm as tight as ever...gurgle/hurt/takes 5 minutes to get past the band sips of Water.

Going to Winston on Monday...possible barium swallow (hope they give me a pan to PB it in) and we'll see. I have had 10ml of Zantac and maybe 15ml of water today.

All I can say is, THIS DAMN BAND BETTER BE WORTH IT!"

So glad to hear from you Kathy! Poor thing--you still sound so tight. And don't you just hate having to CONVINCE medical personnel to give you the medical care you need. I know I do. Good luck on Monday! Hope you get past all this soon!

Kathy I am so hopeing things will get better for you!!!! Gosh you have had a really rough time with all of this. Please try to take care and keep us posted on how you are!!!!! Sending((((HUGS))))) your way.

Oh Kathy,

If there is anything I can do to help or even hold your hand, let me know (jfilgo@g3-designs.com). I live between Greensboro and Burlington. Are you seeing Dr. G in Winston on Monday? I have not see him personally but understand he is good. Also, I know others have said this and you have tried, but I would recommend only sipping hot/warm Water or light tea even if it were a cap full. I am so very sorry this is happening. I'll be praying for you tonight and until you can get to your doctor Monday. Please Let us know what he says.

Always,

Judy

Thanks everyone, and Judy, I will be seeing Dr G on Monday, at least that is my plan. The offices are closed, of course, but my sister will be off work Monday morning around 8am when the offices open, so the plan is...she will come pick me up and before we leave I will call and let them know I'm coming.

I fear slippage, and a barium swallow, since pretty much nothing stays down except Water in the smallest of sips. I tried watered down chiken broth and since then have been so tight...I just go ahead and spit out my saliva rather than swallowing it until it subsides.

A few points:

I have trouble with anything the least bit thick

I am less tight when hydrated, more tight as I get more dehydrated.

I do have allergy drainage and lung sputum I am swallowing, again, thick, and filling up the pouch, possible causing irritation

What else could it be but slippage?

None of this is right, this is not normal banding stuff...this is a problem.

It's so tempting just to catch a plane tomorrow and be in TJ with Kuri, in the hospital, hooked up to IV's, getting what I need, and having him be the one to fix this if another surgery is needed. I know that he will take care of me, all I have to do is get there. For the money I will spend seeing Dr G in Winston, tests,etc, I could have 2 plane tickets to San Diego and pay the bill when I get back...I know Kuri will take care of me without all the insurance hassels and price gouging(sp?) of US hospitals and insurance companies. I trust Kuri more for banding stuff, Dr G is fine for fills...lots to consider but if I leave tomorrow, I wll post before I go.

Okay, I give up. I'm going to the ER now to get un-dehydrated and treated by a Band Dr from the hospital here in Charlotte. I know they have a Bariatric Surgery division so the chances of me getting someone with Band experience is better than at the Urgent Care. Wish me luck, pray for me, I know I'll be fine, I just hope it isn't slippage and another surgery to repair it...

nothing stays down, even my own spit. This isn't right and it isn't helathy or good for me or my band. gonna go get healthy.

Oh Kathy, I hope things go well for you. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I know how excited you have been leading up to the band! Please take care and let us know how you are doing soon!

Kathy: I am so sorry for all you have gone through thus far. I feared it is slippage but be thankful it can be fixed if it is. I will keep you in my prayers. Please do come and let us know as soon as you can. HUGS!!!