Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I didn't die! Thank you Jesus!

Please help, I tried to edit my thread title to something a "little" less dramatic, I think "Back and Banded" would have been better, but of course I was only able to edit the title of the post, not the thread. Would one of you be able to change that for me? I'd be grateful, I was just so relieved!...well, the drama set in and the thread title, well, ya know. Thanks whoever can fix it if you can.

Hey, Roc, I saw you on the April 2005 thread an will add your name to the list, congrats! going over there now.

Thanks everyone! It's so good to be home.

Woo hoo Kathy! Welcome to Bandland - hope the next week is comfortable for you - rest, take it easy and stay in touch!

Okay, the drugs are wearing off and I'm realizing how much I'm forgetting and how much I'm trying to do that I ought not do. I'm just so happy to be home, my belly feels like I've been punched to bits and I'm really sore, the between the shoulder blades and neck ache keeps coming back, just when I think I'm rid of it with the heating pad (which, btw, REALLY does help), I have April Bandsters to update but I can't remember who to add so please forgive me whoever...did they say the second day is the hardest? It was definately easier yesterday and I was on a plane for 4 hours! Whew! Going to take my pain pill and wash it through with plenty of Water, did you know you can kind of feel it going down?! Wierd. And lots of gurgling.

This band journey is interesting. Start to finish, I was prepared for everything, surprised by nothing, but never could have realized what it was truely like until I did it. That's my Deep Thought for the day.

...did you know you can kind of feel it going down?! Wierd. And lots of gurgling.

Yep! sure can.

just wait till you get on solids... thats a whole new sensation!

Glad you are doing well. :)

Way to go Kathy! I know what you mean about praying before going to Mexico! I did too--and here I am still alive and kickin'. Your incisions look more like bruises to me--maybe it's just the picture. I'm 4 weeks out from surgery and still have some scabs. You must be a quick healer. Glad you're home safe.

Kathy, I love your quote!!! can we have another?? Today you should be past the shoulder pain..At least I pray that you are.. Sounds like your doing great!!!

Glad you had a great experience, but you gotta admit it feels much better being back recovering at home in your own country. Welcome to the weird world of the banded! You went in so prepared and had so much knowledge that you'll do great. Do I remember correctly that you have local aftercare? Did Dr. Kuri wear the smiley face hat in surgery?

Glad you had a great experience, but you gotta admit it feels much better being back recovering at home in your own country. Welcome to the weird world of the banded! You went in so prepared and had so much knowledge that you'll do great. Do I remember correctly that you have local aftercare? Did Dr. Kuri wear the smiley face hat in surgery?

Ya know, I have no idea about surgery day, come to think of it. Now I have to think of it...They gave me something in my IV before going down the hall, I don't remember going down the hall, but I remember transferring to the surgery table, they gave my hands a place to rest, and I remember the towel, or whatever my arm was resting on, fell and someone put it back and I said "OH, Thanks". then they said "breathe the gas" and I said "it isn't really working"...NADA. Lights out, who's hat, what?

Wierd day, I'm still remembering things, but Dr Kuri did stick his head in the room several times during the day wearing different outfits, he had a surgery hat that was dark blue with very colorful somethings all over it, didn't catch it, but it was cute. Like, remember that show with the Dr Gonzo Gates, or something? (back in the late 70's I think) He always wore a funky surgery hat. Dr Kuri is cute, handsome, sweet and kind. I'm glad he's there, but sure wish he practiced in the US. There's no place like home...

I'm not sure it's possible to post on this board since January and actually get away with going to Mexico without local aftercare:) I do have it. But now my sister wants to go to MX and have her surgery when it's time for my first fill...HA! That was reasssuring. She was very leery about TJ, but after being there and experiencing Kuri's set-up, she'd do it. It's still TJ though, not the decision for everyone. She hasn't even checked her insurance yet, so I know she won't be ready in 6 weeks. I'll probably see my local guy, and I want to anyway, just to get a record there, even if I'm able to return to TJ for fills.

Further update for those interested: Day 3 SUCKED! (sorry) I burst into tears this evening because I feel like crap and can't do anything other than take care of myself. Do you know how hard it is to sob but try not to sob with a sore Belly? As a result, I will not be alone with my 2 year old son at all tomorrow. He is sweet and funny and a joy and NOT a terror at all...he's just 2! It's hard to keep up. I also had my sister pick up the liquid Centrum and I hope that helps, dunno why I didn't buy that before I left. pureed Soups start tomorrow, too. I am exhausted and going to bed now. Thanks everyone. I love coming to LBT and spilling my guts. Don't know what I'd do without you.

Hang in there dear Kathy! Getting back to feeling good takes as long as it takes. Be patient with yourself. Even best case scenerio most people aren't back to normal activities for 1 week after surgery. (My surgery is one month ago today, and I'm still supporting my abdomen with a binder, but that's because of a post-op infection I had. At least I'm back to working full-time now). You get lots of rest. take care.