Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still Waiting

Well I am STILL waiting to get a surgery date and find myself getting impatient about the process. Just ranting a little about things and admiring the progress others are making.

Hey BigRick.... Right there with you! Got the word friday that all was approved and to WAIT for her to call me with a date. Yuck! :rolleyes:

However, I'm only giving her until tomorrow afternoon and then I'm calling her even if I have to make something up! :)

My friend, I got my bill from the insurance company - $24,000. I guess it's more a statement than a bill - I only had to pay $250, but still! Hang in there, it's worth it!

Can your doc's office follow up on it? Are they any help?

Oh yeah, I will wait as long as I need to. It's just waiting for the Doctors office to set a date for the surgery. I finished all the prerequisites 3 weeks ago and have called their office several times only to be told that they will call me! Just being frustrated and whiny because I want to get moving. Had hoped to have things done by now as I just started 2 weeks off from work and I dont usually like to wait around for others to get things done for me if I can do them myself(which I cant in this case). Anyhow I'm just being a whiny baby so thanks to everyone for listening and sorry about the spewed venom! I am over it now---

Well after some gentle prodding on my part I finally got them to get things done and I have a date of June 13th. I am so looking forward to joining the ranks of the post bands! My Thanks to all for the encouraging words and inspirational efforts of everyone here!

Good Lord! I can't believe that Rick STILL isn't banded! It feels like he's been working on this for FOREVER!

Three more weeks. There will be dancing in the streets when it happens!

You better believe it Fenton. I am anxiously counting the days. I have my preop appointments this coming week and thats it for obstacles until the 13th. I have off from work that week and the week after so plenty of time for recovery! I HAVE noticed your success as you have reached a pretty big milestone. Feel like I should sing something to the tune of Happy Birthday or something. My heartiest congratulations to you! You and others on here continue to inspire me with your ongoing success!

Thanks, but, in all honesty, it's really been pretty easy.

I feel like I'm in some kind of "zone" where I don't want to eat and I do want to exercise - I'm sure a few of the lads around here are in the same mode. And then, when you start to see the numbers drop, it kind of locks you into position, and you just want to keep going. I'm determined to hit 100 by 6 months from my first consult on 1/28/08. That gives me a couple of months to lose 30 lbs, but I think I can do it...

I am new... I am getting banded on 6-16-08 I was wandering if I stick to the plan and work out regularly how much can I expect to lose each week?