Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck are you all?

Wow! It's been really, really quiet for the Double Vs lately. What's up? I really miss this wonderful group. You guys have the best threads in the whole forum - but then again, I have a bias. Come on, show some love! Or just entertain me, dang it! :lol:

I've been busy finishing up some assignments and studying for finals. I can't wait until this week is over. Then I'll have the whole summer off, well school at least (I work full time and go to school full time).

Sorry Gang! Contrary to my posting patterns from last week, I am a confirmed workaholic and now that I'm back to school I work crazy hours. I have been worried about what I'm missing here so hopefully starting tomorrow night I'll be able to catch up on everyone! I miss you too!

I went on a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel!! WOOHOOO.. sadly, I gained a few pounds (3). Even with working out every day on the ship, and eating the sugar free Desserts and totally limiting myself, I still gained. My other friends gained 8-14 pounds each, so I actually was on the low end scale.

I'm guessing it was from the pina colada's and banana daquiries I drank! lol. but, what the hell. I only do this once a year. I get my fill tomorrow and everything will be right on track again! I use to gain 8 pounds on the 5 day cruises I took. I actually think this is a small victory for me.. and the fact that I worked out every day in the fitness center. I'm still proud of myself! I also was not restricted when I left... another victory!! :rolleyes:

Awww... ezma!

Hey guys, I'm here. Just been taking a break, and now I'm out travelling for work. I will only be able to check in during the evenings.

crystal, WOW! Sounds like you had an exciting time. Don't worry about the three pounds. It could also just be a little Water retention. It happens sometimes, especially with the salt air. It sounds like you were good, so I doubt you really gained three pounds.

Fantastic everyone, good luck with your finals ladies!

Hey gang....

Been traveling for work...UGH!! Good news...I FINALLY got a decent fill!!:biggrin: After having only 1cc put in at my last two fills, the doc gave me 3cc last Thursday!! Helllooooo restriction! I had a one minor "stuck" incident, but so far so good!! Any I've dropped about six pounds. So, I'm happy to finally know what restriction feels like. We'll see how long it lasts!!

How's everyone else doing? Where's my beloved Lori (Rhapsody)?!! Remember, we have to JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

Hey gang....

Been traveling for work...UGH!! Good news...I FINALLY got a decent fill!!:coolgleamA: After having only 1cc put in at my last two fills, the doc gave me 3cc last Thursday!! Helllooooo restriction! I had a one minor "stuck" incident, but so far so good!! Any I've dropped about six pounds. So, I'm happy to finally know what restriction feels like. We'll see how long it lasts!!

How's everyone else doing? Where's my beloved Lori (Rhapsody)?!! Remember, we have to JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

Man, I hope the fill I get today is decent. The last one sucked so bad. i actually felt HUNGRIER when I left! I'm just going to beg her to give me more than last time.

Hey gang....

Been traveling for work...UGH!! Good news...I FINALLY got a decent fill!!:w00t: After having only 1cc put in at my last two fills, the doc gave me 3cc last Thursday!! Helllooooo restriction! I had a one minor "stuck" incident, but so far so good!! Any I've dropped about six pounds. So, I'm happy to finally know what restriction feels like. We'll see how long it lasts!!

Hiyas everyone! Hey Amy *HUGS* I'm here :yesnod: . . . I read the forums almost everyday, but not posting as much (ok I need to do better!). Congratz Amy on your restriction, and the 6 pounds lost! :w00t: I'm so happy to hear you have some restriction now. I had my second fill yesterday, just one cc this time (my doctor said the same as yours, if you're losing weight, they usually don't give you a fill). But because of my symptoms (hunger, no restriction) he went ahead and gave me a fill (and I really don't mind going slow with this). Right now I'm still on just liquids (for 24 hours), so I really can't tell if I have much restriction. However, even being on liquids, I'm not as hungry, so things are good. My weight loss has picked up again (oy I hate those plateaus!).

Coolcrystal, your cruise sounds awesome! I sure wouldn't worry about 3 pounds, the fun time would be worth it! We have the band, but need to enjoy life too. :hurray: And the fact that you had no restriction is indeed a victory! Congratz to you for hanging in there.

Just keep swimming everyone, and keep in touch! :lol:

Thanks! it was a total blast! I'll attempt to post a pic of me and my hubby on the cruise! (if i can remember how to do it. LOL). But, yeah, I feel great. I got rather spoiled with thier nice fitness center and sauna! we go to the city fitness center with crappy equipment that's rusted and old.. and to have that nice stuff for a week was fantastic. LOL. We might have to join a 24 hour fitness now.

One is in the cigar room on the ship. he smoked a real cuban cigar, so he was excited. and the second is in grand cayman islands. you can see our ship in the background.

post-226758-13813136991192_thumb.jpg

post-226758-13813136992896_thumb.jpg

Good day to all of you! Hey Lil Miss *:blushing:* how ya doing? I am guilty of the same crimes..too much time expended on work and foregoing my fun in the forum!! Man, I think we ALL need to go on a cruise! Great job with only 3 pounds??:sad: That is SUPER!!:biggrin2: I can gain 3 pounds on the weekends easily and here you were on a cruise!! Good going! I'm checking out some of the threads on those bandsters that are having issues with food! I just had a small fill and so I'm checking to see how often and how much all the other bandsters are versus my naughty episodes!! You all enjoy your day and I'll be around in here somewhere!! :lol:

Hi Queenie! Missed ya!! :blushing: I was just wondering about you...

Don't worry, I'm far from perfect - but the weight still finds its way off my body. Hang in there. I've only got 2.5cc in a 10cc band. I can pretty much eat anything I want still (mostly). I just get full so much faster than I ever did before. That mixed in with the exercise routine adds to much weight loss.

I wish you the best! :biggrin2:

Well Lil Miss, you deserve it! :lol: Look how much you've knocked off! You're doing fantastic!! :sad: I went in on the 17th and confessed to the doc that I was cheating..not all the time just once in a while and asked if maybe I could use a little fill for my hunger pangs! :confused2: Well he only put .6cc in my number 12 band and now we're feeling the tighten up (5.6 total)~so much so that what I was eating isn't going down as easily! Could be my own fault for not chewing enough but I wonder because when I swallow it's like mush but maybe my bites are too big?? AWK!! Such a dilemna!! Having a rough time trying to find the right foods and the right amount on my baby spoon! :wink2: Still keeping my exercise up! Went down one size in my clothes!! I'm happy about that for sure!!:blushing: You inspire me! :blush: