Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do until fill????

Know how you feel! I woke up this morning with Bags the size of suitcases under my eyes! But spent the weekend in Vegas and had fun - ate small amounts but did drink a little. I know that and the FRIED chicken tenders probably had something to do with my 3 pound weight gain! Anyway - it's Monday now and time to be good and drink more WATER!!!! Hey - at least I won a little money and found that I can stay up till 3AM without turning into a pumpkin!

I was banded last Thursday...4/24. The first couple of days I thought...wooohooo! This is great! I'm not even a little hungry and it was work getting in a 1/4 cup of Soup. Now, I'm like...freaking starving!!! It was like someone flipped a switch yesterday mid-day and I just started getting really hungry again. So, I guess we'll just have to tough it out together.

You know what's weird? It's that we all can't accept that its OKAY TO BE HUNGRY. It's not the end of the world, really. Of course, no one wants to be around us because we're a snarling bunch of ravenous bitches, but hey, what can you do? lol

I thought I was the only one! My stomach is growling as I sit here and type. And if I see ONE more Red Lobster commercial I think I might become violent! I couldn't even watch tv this weekend (which..ha..I guess is a good thing.) My doc said no exercise for a month... so I'm kinda stuck when it comes to finding things to keep my mind off the hunger. Guess, I'll try reading a book tonight. Hang in there everyone!

I know how you all feel! I am also very hungry! I got my band on Arpil 15th. I take walks when my hungry gets too intense. Can you take walks or did your doc say no to that too? I always thought they wanted us to walk after surgery. I know my doc and nurses pushed that! And I think it really does help!

MY doctor scheduled me for a fill 4 weeks after surgery, I was banded April 16th. And I am glad to know that I am not alone. I could eat a horse, and those Red Lobster commercials are killing me too. How funny!!!! I was told to have 2-3 oz every hour the first week after surgery. But I am eating much more now ( soft foods). I can't wait til May 15th for my first fill.

Well I suppose what dosent kill us will make us stronger and we will be wearing bikinis next year...that is, if I can get rid of my zebra-like stretch marks from 3 pregnancies....

I did however email the nurse at my docs office for some tips on keeping satisfied, ect. Until that fill date, so as soon as she gets back to me Ill let you know ...

At least Im not alone...I was thinking..." Oh great, of course I'm the only person ever who the band didnt work on!!" haha...

Na-Night!:biggrin:

I was banded on 3/10 and dont get my 1st fill till 5/6....I have just been really eating what I want just in small portions....Not junk food or bad food....I have just been eating normally.

I was banded last Thursday...4/24. The first couple of days I thought...wooohooo! This is great! I'm not even a little hungry and it was work getting in a 1/4 cup of Soup. Now, I'm like...freaking starving!!! It was like someone flipped a switch yesterday mid-day and I just started getting really hungry again. So, I guess we'll just have to tough it out together.

You know what's weird? It's that we all can't accept that its OKAY TO BE HUNGRY. It's not the end of the world, really. Of course, no one wants to be around us because we're a snarling bunch of ravenous bitches, but hey, what can you do? lol

I'm seeing a side of me that I didn't even know was there! "Of course, no one wants to be around us because we're a snarling bunch of ravenous bitches, but hey, what can you do?" My son put me back in check, after I snapped at him last night, he said, "Mom, this is just temporary, remember? You are going to feel so much better by summer. And remember, you CHOSE to have this surgery, it was your CHOICE." That was pretty good, I'm going to have to make posters with that on it and hang them up everywhere to remind me. He's right, it was our CHOICE.:coolgleamA:

Hi All,

I had the surgery done april 10th by Dr. Ortiz and went through the first week of reall discomfort but I feel great now. I have been faithful on the fluids and the mushy food phase and am now starting on eating some real food. I've heard some people have trouble with eggs, lettuce, chicken and bread. I haven't had any trouble eating any of that stuff. Mind you I am taking mouse size bits but I do feel hungry alot and Soup just doesn't cut it anymore..

I'm down 15 lbs since surgery, 6 of that pre opt. I was loosing a 1/2-1 lbs a day for 2 weeks and now I've slowed down and have pretty much plateaued. I won't be doing my first fill til the end of May or the first part of June, so I assume the little weigh gain is normal after not eating for a month. Is it normal to not feel any restriction.. The other day I was thirsty and gulped down a few mouth fulls of Water before I went.. holy crap, slow down..lol..somehow sipping Water doesn't seem to quench ones thirst.

Keep up the good work everyone, we're all in this together.. take care.

BGP :lol:

I don't understand why everyone is hungry....Pls enlighten me because maybe I am doing something wrong. I was banded on 3/10 and will have my first fill on May 6th. I have just been eating my normal food. I eat baked chicken and salad and whatever I want. Not junk food and most certainly not a lot, but I just eat until I feel my tightness and then I stop...I am not starving and I'm not sitting wanting food....Am I wrong???

I was banded 4/11 but my doc I guess does things alittle differently. I am on what they call the soft phase but that just means the food has to be mashable with a fork. I eat about every 3=4 hours and it is suppose to be at least 85% protien. My snack just now was deli turkey and turkey pepperoni. I have not been hungry at all. I think the protien really helps that. Good luck to all of you who have to endure the long pre-op & post op diets. I don't get a fill until the end of May but unless things change a lot I think I'll be ok

I don't understand why everyone is hungry....Pls enlighten me because maybe I am doing something wrong. I was banded on 3/10 and will have my first fill on May 6th. I have just been eating my normal food. I eat baked chicken and salad and whatever I want. Not junk food and most certainly not a lot, but I just eat until I feel my tightness and then I stop...I am not starving and I'm not sitting wanting food....Am I wrong???

Most of us that are complaining of being hungry were only banded a few weeks ago. We are still on liquids and mushies. You appear to be on 'normal' food, so your band is "working" right now. Our bands have no fill, and the food we eat (all 2-4 oz) goes right through. I'm guessing that's why you are doing so well!

~C

Did you do the mushies and liquids diet for the full month like we're suppose to? I have to tell you, I am suppose to be on full liquids until tomorrow but I have moved to mashed up foods cause I can't take it anymore. I am really full really fast now and it seems to last for about 6 hours.

I was banded on 04/04 and was told I could progress a week every five days as long as I was doing well with the progression. I'm pretty much back to a regular diet and doing fine. (but really need a fill!)

Hi April Avengers - I haven't been on the computer much the last few weeks. I was banded April 10th and I get hungry (REALLY hungry) about 4 hrs after a meal. I spent only a few days on the mushy stage and started right in on baked salmon, cooked veggies, etc. I'm also fighting the 'big bite' syndrome and have to remember to take smaller bites and chew, chew, chew. One thing the nutritionist mentioned and is also in my notebook from the clinic is to avoid liquids 1 hour before and 1-2 hours after a meal. The liquids speed the food through your stomach and you become hungry sooner. Avoiding the liquids helps you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. It seems to help me some, but if I wait too long to eat then I fall back into taking big bites and swallowing larger amounts than I should.

I had a hiatal hernia corrected at the same time as the lap band and it is extremely painful if I try to swall a larger bite than I should. I am visiting my regular doctor tomorrow and will ask him about this because it is SO painful when it happens I'm wondering if something is wrong. The pain is about 2 inches up from the bottom of my breatbone, a little to the right of my breastbone. Has anyone else had a hernia corrected at the same time as lap band surgery?