Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast on the go

I have to be at work at 6:50am I can eat when I first wake so I have to have Breakfast about 6:30 before I leave for work.

Last night my area had a "Dining for life" at specific restuarants which means that if you eat at participating restuarants then 25% of your meal tickets get dedicated to the philadelphia center (our Aids prevention and treatment center) I gathered about 9 people to go with me last night and for the first time had some alcohol since my surgery. One single delicious frozen strawberry swirl maggie. mmmmm. One enchilada, a few chips, and a few bites of Beans. Sounds like so little to me but in reality so much less than I used to eat. I tried to eat a tortilla covered in butter like I used too before my food got there because I was starving. One bite and my band said..."Are you crazy" and I put the tortilla down

Anyway back to the main part of my story, and a Question. This moring I obviously woke up late bc if noone else has tried this alcohol effects you much more aggressively now. I usually wake up at 5 today I woke up at 6:11. So I had to get dressed, take a shower, and make myself pretty in 30 mins.

I was going to grab breakfast to go...but dang it. What is breakfast to go now? Everything comes wrapped in a biscuit, a croissant, or atortilla ( which I can't eat unless it is soaked in sour cream sauce apparently) My Dr. told me to eat breakfast. Now I am up here hungry and confused.

What do you guys have for take out breakfast?

I haven't eaten breakfast from a restaurant to go, but I do love to eat Kashi bars in the morning. They have a good bit of Protein in them. My breakfast of choice is usually a bar or a Protein Shake or yogurt. I usually will eat one of the three early and then something else from those foods mid-morning before lunch. Usually, it is yogurt and a Kashi bar. Both are convenient to take on the run.

If I have breakfast, it's a slim-fast or Atkins shake.

Sometimes, at work, I'll have oatmeal.

Also, if you like coffee, the skinny latte at Starbucks is pretty good and has some Protein.

If you really need something more solid, could you go through McD's and get a scrambled egg? I don't know...do they still have that? Remember they used to have pancakes and eggs?

Edited by Gone4Now
fixed pancake typo. :)

I have to leave the house at 6:15 every morning to take my kids to school (2 different schools, opposite sides of town). Since my commute takes close to an hour I usually grab an Atkins or EAS shake on my way out and drink it on the way. I did have one day that I forgot the shake and my youngest want McDonalds pancakes so I got a happy meal scrambled eggs for me. Not bad and just the right size.

Great suggestions. I didn't know Mcdonalds had a Happy Meal breakfast?!?

I usually eat at home, but we had nothing except eggs, which I didn't have time to make. I will invest in some Atkins shakes they sound yummy and there is a starbucks on the way to my house so I could make a stop there if I needed to also.

Thanks guys!

Protein Shakes for me too. No time for anything else and it even takes me awhile to get those down.

I usually don't eat early but for Breakfast I usually just grab 2 oz of chicken/turkey deli meat. I have Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran (1C - dry) for a mid-morning snack. It's pretty easy and can be eaten on the run. It's also a solid form so it tends to stay with you better than liquids.< /p>

I eat 2 - 4 oz of lite yogurt every morning. If I miss breakfast I usually end up grabbing a yogurt parfait from McDs - not great but could be way worse. You could also get a sausage McMuffin off the dollar menu and eat just the egg (not sure how bad the sausage is on that). I sometimes boil up several egg and that's easy too. Oh, oh and babybel light cheese or cottage cheese.< /p>

That's the total of my breakfast ideas. Jeez, I need some better Protein ideas. I miss oatmeal, still can't have that per nutritionist.