Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in a blue funk

Yesterday was my 2 month Lap Bandiversary and I was so excited about it. I was planning to Celebrate here with a post including before and current pictures, something I never do on the internet. Well, I only took a straight on shot the day before surgery so I didn't have a profile. And it seems most of my loss is in the profile areas. I took both shots yesterday and you can't even tell I lost any weight. Part of the problem is with the baggy T-shirt I had on too. Then add to that the lovely plateau I've seemed to have reached - lost 6 pounds total in 17 days but the scale hasn't moved in the last week.

I ate lots of crap yesterday. It still came to less than 900 calories but I can feel myself slipping back to bad habits. I've been getting lots of comments at work about losing weight so I know it shows and I can feel it but I really needed to be able to see it too. :cry_smile:

What can I do to break the plateau? Or to give my metabolism a boost? Think I just need a good old-fashioned pep talk. Anyone have any words of wisdom for this poor boo-hoo-me woman?

Thanks guys.

Well, we are learning.

Think about it. You had a bad day and you STILL had less than 900 calories. Thats great. You had a rough, weak day and you still ate 1100 calories less than the "reccommended" maintain a certain weight.

Dude.

Before my surgery, on a really bad day, I could probablee take in 6000 calories. Seriously. I am emotional eater. It was like I couldn't stop. Now I have to stop.

My Doctor asked me thursday- So how do you compare your meals now to your meals then? I look at him confused and he clarified- Anyway we found out togethor that I have reduced my size of meals 60% on most days...not to mention my food choices. I know you are doing that too...sometimes it is hard to notice the positives, esp. when the scale is acting like a fickle jerk.

Your doing great. We are all still on that uncomfortable learning curve.

Thanks Ready! It helps a lot when someone help you get things in perspective. I was so mopey all day yesterday. And you're so right about the calorie intake, it's way, way down from what it was before. Just gotta keep plugging away.

After I posted that I went for a walk and couldn't help myself so I weighed myself today. And it moved! Am I impatient or what? LOL

Gonna retake the pictures today in clothes that you can see my body. Then when I get ready to take those 4 or 6 month pictures, hopefully I'll be able to see the change.

Also Ready, just wanted to tell you that you are just the cutest thing around. I saw your picture in another thread and thought "She looks so cute and fun." Can just tell you're a blast to be around.

aww thanks! You've made my day, seriously. I feel all floaty now.

Yay for the scale! I had to throw mine away - we were fighting too much.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
add

Ezma,

I am with you girl. I thought last week that I was going to go crazy. I put on a pair of pants and I was so proud, because they fit well. Until I looked at the size, they were a 22. Which was really bad because I have been in a 18 or 20. Then when I got on the scale, it had not moved. I think, for me, I want Bypass results. I have friends that have GBS and they lost so fast. I have to keep telling myself that the band is safer, but slower. I got a fill this week, and I can tell a huge difference, so I am hoping that next week I will have a better week.

But when you have people at work tell you that they can tell you have lost, that is a huge victory!! I have decided that I am going to stop stepping on the scale twice a day. I think that I am going to measure those spots that I know I want to lose, like my hips/butt/thighs. Let's see if the measuring tape is a liar too!

Ezma, I hope you are feeling better now. Tomorrow is my two month mark and I thought I would have lost forty pounds easily. Guess what? Less than 20. Less than 20 frickin' pounds in two months. I'm very upset about it and keep telling myself all the things I tell others, "everybody is different", "at least it won't come back this time", "you could have GAINED 20 pounds in two months", etc., etc., but still....

It's very discouraging. You know, if I had started out with a lower BMI I would understand but I'm frickin' huge!!!

Oops, sorry, I'm turning your post into a post about me. I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics and while I can relate to your disappointment, you have lost SIXTY-FIVE POUNDS!!!!! I think you rock. =)

Ezma, I hope you are feeling better now. Tomorrow is my two month mark and I thought I would have lost forty pounds easily. Guess what? Less than 20. Less than 20 frickin' pounds in two months. I'm very upset about it and keep telling myself all the things I tell others, "everybody is different", "at least it won't come back this time", "you could have GAINED 20 pounds in two months", etc., etc., but still....

It's very discouraging. You know, if I had started out with a lower BMI I would understand but I'm frickin' huge!!!

Oops, sorry, I'm turning your post into a post about me. I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics and while I can relate to your disappointment, you have lost SIXTY-FIVE POUNDS!!!!! I think you rock. =)

I won't give you any of those canned responses as I can see you might have gotten them all already.

Maybe you can measure your loss on things other than just the scale. Maybe keep a measurement loss. You should measure all parts of your body like your neck, your bustline, your waist, your hips, your arms (upper and lower), your legs (upper and lower), your wrists and ankles... etc. One of those areas are usually sure to show results.

Also, how are your clothes fitting? Do you have something you can use as incentive? Like, go shopping and buy a cute pair of jeans or something that are maybe one to two sizes too small (preferably two). Try them on once a week to see how much more you can get them up, or better. Make it something that you can wear to an outing coming up or something formal.

I bought a beautiful gown that I plan to wear to a wedding in July. It is a size 14 and I bought it just a few weeks after my surgery. I could barely get the darn thing over my head. Well now I have no trouble doing that, and I have maybe only 20 more pounds to get it zipped! :biggrin2:

There are so many ways to measure our successes, and many things to keep our sights on our goals! :rolleyes:

post-36273-13813666215804_thumb.jpg

post-224357-13813136958284_thumb.jpg

That dress is beautiful!! Congrats on the loss and you'll have to post a picture of you in it. Bet you will make it look even more beautiful.

Gibson - Never, never worry about highjacking a post of mine. We're all in this together. Wish I could do something to give your loss a boost. Bet you are losing inches. That and didn't the fill help out or has it worn off?

And thank you all for your kinds words. Feeling so much better today. Almost high - think I'm having a Ready mood swing. That or it's the moon. And I decided I'm gonna take new pictures in the clothes I wore today. Someone told me I was just wasting away. Woo hoo!!

Ezma--glad you're feeling better, but let me just chime in and say Ding-dang girl you're my hero. :) We had surgery basically at the same time and I'm in the same boat as Gibson---guess I'm one of the infamous slow losers. Wish I could say that I had lost over 60 pounds---shoot if I did that I would be damn near at my goal.

I've tried to stay off the scale for the most part cause it makes me crazy, trying to concentrate on weighing in on the "official scale" at the docs office. Well I went for my second fill yesterday and lost another 4 pounds since my last weigh in 3 weeks ago. It's not a lot by anyone's standards, but I'm trying to look at it as---it's better then gaining 4:blushing:.

Hang in there and remember that there are a lot of us out here who are super envious of you, and you can count me at the top of that list!!!

That dress is beautiful!! Congrats on the loss and you'll have to post a picture of you in it. Bet you will make it look even more beautiful.

Gibson - Never, never worry about highjacking a post of mine. We're all in this together. Wish I could do something to give your loss a boost. Bet you are losing inches. That and didn't the fill help out or has it worn off?

And thank you all for your kinds words. Feeling so much better today. Almost high - think I'm having a Ready mood swing. That or it's the moon. And I decided I'm gonna take new pictures in the clothes I wore today. Someone told me I was just wasting away. Woo hoo!!

I'm so glad you are feeling better! :) ...and I think it's a great idea to take pix of ourselves in our new, fantastic and thinner outfits!! Since you are already there, you first! Can't wait, I bet you'll look smashing.

Thanks for the compliment too, and yes we definitely are all in this together... all together now...

Sometime in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise we know that there's

Always tomorrow

Lean on me when you're not strong and

I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long till I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on...

--Temptations, Lean On Me