Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

These are so true!! OMG!!!!! The two things I really WON'T miss will be

1. Sweating and feeling hot, when everyone else is shivering cold (yeah that one screams... "I have layers of fat on me and I'm burning up" Now you all know the real reason i moved from TN to CO!

2. Lane Bryant taking advantage of us fat chics b/c they have the only "cute" clothes... and jack their prices up! I'm NEVER shopping there again girls!!!! Can I hear an amen!! :party:

You can hear an AMEN, HALELULIAH and PRAISE THE LORD! :Dancing_biggrin:

I won't miss:

Not finding anything cute to wear

shopping in the plus size section

being afraid if a chair is going to hold my weight

not wanting to attend social functions(used to love to be social when I was smaller)

huffing and puffing after climbing a flight of stairs

struggling to tie shoes

not fitting on hubbys lap

not riding amusement park rides

double chin, (double everything)

not being able to run (hurts knees, ankle)

stress incontinence

no energy

depression

These are so true!! OMG!!!!! The two things I really WON'T miss will be

1. Sweating and feeling hot, when everyone else is shivering cold (yeah that one screams... "I have layers of fat on me and I'm burning up" Now you all know the real reason i moved from TN to CO!

2. Lane Bryant taking advantage of us fat chics b/c they have the only "cute" clothes... and jack their prices up! I'm NEVER shopping there again girls!!!! Can I hear an amen!! :eek:

You know, I agree with you - although I can find clothes I like at other stores with plus sizes - HOWEVER the funny thing is that I am on the verge on not needing the plus sizes, and I feel lost! Those regular misses departments are so HUGE and SO MANY choices! I'm overwhelmed!! I don't know where to shop or what to buy! And, I feel like I don't belong there--like the people see ME in the normal people department and are thinking - wow, who is she kidding? She must be shopping for somebody else...

I know - what a terrible problem! :eek: It is kind of fun though...so much nicer than having to pay shipping to buy from Roamans, etc, and hoping things came in EXTENDED plus sizes! Wow! I can try things on!!!

You all hang in there - your dreams will come true!

Things I already DON'T miss about being obese:

* Unzipping my pants and holding my breath to tie my shoelaces

* Calculating the most efficient route to do ANYthing (e.g. clear the dining table, go shopping) so as to minimise the time spent on my feet

* Feeling choked by the fat on my neck and boobs whenever I lay flat on my back (especially during sex!!)

* Obsessing over what I will have for the next meal and how long I should wait until I can start eating it

* Being terrified of cameras at family parties

I'm only just over half way to goal and already these things are a thing of the PAST! YAY!

Buying my clothes from the "Plus Sizes"

Sharing clothes with my "plump" friends/family

Wearing ONLY DARK COLORS because they make you look slimmer

The T-SHIRT that is 4 sizes too big

Sitting on the front pew during prayer INSTEAD OF KNEELING because I know I can't get back up from a kneeling position!

Debbi,

I love your line "Taking my life back." OH how true! I too have taken my life back and it's SO wonderful! I can walk for and hour without being tired, with my dogs. I can ride my daughter's horse (not well, but hey, I can do it!!) We are trying to buy a hobby farm to bring our horses home - I had given up on that lifelong dream because I was always too tired and too fat to do the work involved. YES - taking my life back describes it perfectly! Who would have thought that a little silicone band could do all that!!! Well...it didn't do all of it, but helped ME do it! And to think only a year ago I was looking forward to 'retirement' in a condo so I wouldn't have to do anything...what a mistake that was. Now I'm nowhere ready for life in front of the TV.

(This topic is great!)

Things I won't miss....

~buying plus size clothes

~ugly clothing options

~compairing myself to others

~noticing I'm the biggest person in the room

~wearing elastic for the majority of my pants

~worried about having to share a seat on the shuttle

~thinking the shuttle "dips" when I get on or off

~people looking at me when I eat out

~getting tired

~feeling like a monster trapped in this body

~fat people jokes

I can't wait for my surgery!!

Amen Kiks!

Yanno, at this point, I am my own worst critic. I just want to be smaller for me - poo poo to the other people. Ppl that don't have weight probs should thank their lucky stars, not worry about our weight!!! <stomp>

Things I won't miss:

-walking into a room and looking to see if there is anyone fatter than me

-the look on my blind date's face the first time he see me

-having different tops that all have the shape of a box

-looking in the mirror and only focusing on my face

-seeing stairs in front of me and inwardly sighing

-being told I have a pretty face and knowing they are thinking "too bad about the body"

-feeling shame

-feeling like I don't belong

I wont miss

wearing black alll the timmeee

getting on to a elevator feeling

like everyone is looking at me.

shortness of breath

actually shopping at a normal store

IMMM SOOO READYYY FOR A CHANGEE BRINGG ITTT ONNN :biggrin:

I won't miss:

Rushing to get to every staff meeting early, so people won't have to scooch in their chairs to let me by, or if the meeting is upstairs having to duck into the ladies' room to catch my breath before going into the conference room.

That huge box of too-small clothes that takes up so much room in my closet.

I will not miss:

Being treated wonderfully by men because I am pretty but never truly considered attractive

Being discounted as any kind of competition by other women

Shrinking in personality in order to make up for being huge in ass-ets

Having to pay an arm and a leg to wear clothing that flatters me

Daydreaming constantly about the kinds of dresses and lingerie I would love to wear for my significant other

Having those flashes of insecurity when he wants to see me unclothed

Heartburn from just about any food at all

Planning my day around food and thinking about food almost all of the time.

Living my life in a sea of self loathing that lingers just under the surface and comes up for air all too often

Living my life in fear of growing old before I get to enjoy being young and pretty

People who expect me to act a certain way because I am fat and then get either incredulous (and admiring) because I don't or getting hostile because I don't fit into their personal idea of what I ought to think I am worth

Enduring comments like "I think it is GREAT you can STILL feel sexy...." with the "in spite of your size" left unsaid at the end.

Privately thinking of myself as less than other people

Being unable to take advantage of the SUPER cheap clothing sales at the end of the season because I tell myself I will be a different size come that time next year

Remembering with each change of the season that at this time last year I was determined to be smaller when it came around again

Hiding my hips behind my boys in any picture in order to camoflage their roundness

Feeling like a moose when my SO pulls me into his lap

Feeling like a moose when he wants me to be on top

Not being flexible enough, graceful enough and not having enough endurance to be on top during sex. I also won't miss feeling like I am smothering him

Worrying he secretly wishes he had someone thinner

These are the things I am not going to miss:

filling the bath tub up with only 3 inches of Water knowing that the second I get in the Water will nearly be spilling out the sides.

trying on clothes that my friends pick out only to never leave the dressing room, claiming that all of them just don't look right and not saying that really I couldn't get the pants on past my calves or my boobs are falling out of the top of the shirt

of course my thighs rubbing together

feeling that the only way to meet men is online for fear of rejection

not being able to walk up a flight of stairs without needing an oxygen tank at the top

not being able to get on my horse without having to climb in his feeder so that all I have to do is slide over

not having people looking at me like I am going to break my horse's back when I am riding and having them tell me that I should only go at a walk or I might break his legs

not being able to run around with my neice and nephews without my boobs hurting from the bouncing

not being able to sit in the drivers seat without the steering wheel touching my legs

not being able to climb in the truck without help

worrying what my date thinks when he meets me for the first time

hearing that the only thing I shop for at the grocery store is chips and Cookies

feeling guilty about eating in front of other people and always pretending

that I am not hungry

being told that I just don't have what it takes to lose weight

never having experienced being at a normal weight

fearing death

I can't wait to feel like the confident and beautiful woman that I know I am :)

OMG this Thread is soooooo freaking good....

I'm getting ready to travel to Italy for my surgery on the 7th of Nov. Reading this entire thread has reminded me of why I'm doing this. Unless you’re overweight, you have no idea how it feels or what we go through on a daily basis.

What I WON’T miss about being overweight:

* My double ass checks (the pocket of fat on both that meet in the middle at the bottom)

* My undies rolling down because my stomach is too big

* Mortified at the thought of dropping something and having to bend over to get it

* Not being able to squat and stand back up without pulling myself up

* Boots with plus sized calves

* Feeling like I’m going to suffocate if the dentist puts the chair too far back

* Not feeling sexy for my husband

* The feeling that I’m running out of time

OMG this Thread is soooooo freaking good.... :)

I'm getting ready to travel to Italy for my surgery on the 7th of Nov. Reading this entire thread has reminded me of why I'm doing this. Unless you’re overweight, you have no idea how it feels or what we go through on a daily basis.

What I WON’T miss about being overweight:

* My double ass checks (the pocket of fat on both that meet in the middle at the bottom)

* My undies rolling down because my stomach is too big

* Mortified at the thought of dropping something and having to bend over to get it

* Not being able to squat and stand back up without pulling myself up

* Boots with plus sized calves

* Feeling like I’m going to suffocate if the dentist puts the chair too far back

* Not feeling sexy for my husband

* The feeling that I’m running out of time