Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone wear skirts now but didn't before??

LOL!

I would never wear skirts/dresses, and in the past year I have bought a few, and worn them. I am always uncomfortable that the skirt will blow up, and still worry about that. I guess I do like them more now that I can cross my legs when I sit down. Crossing ankles in skirts before I lost weight was not fun.

LOL!

I would never wear skirts/dresses, and in the past year I have bought a few, and worn them. I am always uncomfortable that the skirt will blow up, and still worry about that. I guess I do like them more now that I can cross my legs when I sit down. Crossing ankles in skirts before I lost weight was not fun.

Note to all you ladies: We guys like to see women in skirts and you don't have to be a size 2 to be appreciated. Marilyn Monroe was a size 12. Look at some other famous women that were not rail thin. Sara Ramirez on Grey's Anatomy, Kate Walsh, same show. Check out America Ferrera on Ugly Betty!

Now that's not to say that guys like their women big(politically incorrect=fat). We love our women with curves. I bet every woman on this board is developing wonderful healthy curves. Thank You ladies for doing this and enriching the view for us guys all over the world. I think I may have to change my sig to "The Guy that Loves Women" that is if egorsgirl will let me. :crying:

Hah hah thanks for that Egor :crying:

My husband always goes ga-ga if I wear skirts, so I try to believe it!

Yes my hubby also loves me in a skirt/dress no matter what size I am, But I haven't induldged him in years, I think I will go out and buy a cute sundress...

I never wore skirts but so far since surgery I have bought two of them and a dress, must be a new found confidence.

i know this is off subject a little but.....swim suits!!!! i haven't worn a SS in 2 years and even when i wore the last one i wore a t shirt and shorts over it so it didn't count. ANYWAY last night i was out with my boyfriend and i saw the cutest SS every and i did something that i haven't done for years...i went over and picked it up! even when i did wear swim suits i would buy cheapy ones because i always HAD to buy a new one next year and it just seemed like a waste of $50 if i only could wear the thing 5 times. when i was looking at the at this one last night i decided that it would be very worth it to pay $100 for a SS if i could buy a size 8!!!!! my boyfriend agreed. so this time next year if i have gotten to my goal weight i will be buying my first SS in years and not even looking at the price tag!!!!

Thanks Egor! I have always had curves (TMI alert - I had 'the girls' WAYYY before other females my age). The difference is now the waist is starting to curve IN not OUT.:thumbup:

Skirts - I always have worn business suits with skirts. The difference will be that I will won't be wearing as many 'long-cover-a-multitude-of- thighs' ones, but rather shorter more form fitting ones. At least, this is the plan when I am closer to goal.

Bathing suits -oh Hollyncharm, how I hate the bathing suit shopping. I always purchased mine on-line so that I never had to go into a store and have the post-humiliation melt-down in public. I am HOPING that as summer and my goal weight draw closer, my weight/shape will be more conducive to going into a store and trying one (or 10) on.

I wore skirts pre-op but only long ones. Had to be at least to mid-calf. On top of being really fat and having gross legs, I'm knock-kneed, which is only exacerbated by having fat thighs.

Now I wear skirts, but below the knee. In fact, I wore them most of last summer. I've bcome quite a fan of the knee-length classic cut skirts, with built-in layers. Which, fortunately, you can get in abundance at Kohl's for around $20, and which they normally have an equal abundance of knit cross-tops or empires to go with for equally cheap.

Last summer saw me the most feminine I'd been in... about 10 years (wasn't always overweight). I brought out the summer heels and sandals, skirts...

Now I just wish the skin on my arms didn't hang so that I could rejoin my long lost friend the sleeveless top...

Speaking of skirts...I wore one today and the Walmart worker told me (about fifteen minutes ago), "I hope you don't mind me saying so, but you have REALLY nice legs! Very well formed!"

So yes, I definitely wear skirts! :-)

You are NEVER too old for a miniskirt! If you feel sexy, no matter the age, do it! (I wouldn't wear a skimpy top with it though...sexy and hooker are two different things :-) )

Where are Stacy and Clinton when you need them! That is not an accurate statement! just kidding.

If you feel good wear what you want.

I've bought a few dresses for spring. I can't do tights/hose so I'm waiting for the bare leg time of year. I promise to shave and lotion though.

Where are Stacy and Clinton when you need them! That is not an accurate statement! just kidding.

thats funny I always wish I could call them on myself!

I wouldn't normally wear skirts, but a friend of mine who is also losing weight gave me a bunch of her skirts that were too big on her. I've found that skirts are much better than pants during this weight loss phase. My pants get baggy in the butt and look pretty unflattering when they start to get too big, but the skirts still look fine when they're a size too big ... they just start to ride a little lower on the waist.

Great post!! And a big thankyou to Egor from my hubby. After reading this I went and bought 3 summer dresses and tried them on for hubby and he LOVED them. I feel a little self concious in them because they do not have sleeves but I figured "what the hell" they are comfortable as all get out and the only person I am out to impress is my hubby so if he likes them that is all that matters!!

Ok update! So Sunday I wore a skort. It was a skirt but it wasn't! Didn't feel too bad and no one said or looked at me crazy so today I pulled out the skirt that I have had sitting there for over a month. I tried it on a month ago for my bf and he liked it, today I wore it to work! And let me tell you it felt great in this 110 degree weather!! :)

Skirts are easy and economical when losing weight. My summer wardrobe has a ton of skirts and dresses this year. Also, I don't have the chafing problem anymore!