Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drink some stuff to clean you out

Hi Everyone!

My surgery is Monday and My Dr told me to drink some stuff on Sunday to clean me out before surgery. Has anyone done that who has had the surgery already or never had to do it?? I was just curious on what your Dr told you to do. If SO, were you in the bath room all the time?

hi i was banded on march 26th and i had to drink a bpttle of this magnesium citrate 2 days b4 surgery , and it was so nasty lol but it does clean you out!! GOOD LUCK

Hi, my surgery is Monday too, I am drinking some stuff called Phososoda to clean me out.

I had my surgery in the afternoon and was told to have a little Breakfast and stop eating and drinking after that. I didn't have to take anything to clean me out.

Hi, I was instructed by my surgeon at pre-op to do this.

"Body Balance" tea works pretty well. It is available at Shoppers Drugmart stores in the Health / Vitamin section. Don't steep it too long though or your guts will really gurgle & growl.

Yep, have to do the Phosphosoda. It's a saline laxative. NOT looking forward to it. You might want to mix it in with some Gatorade (just not a red or purple coloured one), to make sure you don't get dehydrated from the uh, associated effects of the laxative.

Whatever you do, make sure you do it early enough in the day so that you're not up all night running to the bathroom. Oh, and get some good toilet paper and magazines. You'll be spending a lot of time on the potty.:lol:

(And from previous experience, the colder you can make the stuff, the easier it is to drink it. I'm talking just short of frozen. Seriously.)

-m

Thanks for everyone's answer on this..I have to take magnesium citrate at 4:00 on sunday which is tomorrow..I just hope it don't get me to sick cause I can't stand nasty things going down. I will just have to drink it all at once to get it over with..How did some of yall drink yall stuff?? Fast or slow??

Thanks for everyone's answer on this..I have to take magnesium citrate at 4:00 on sunday which is tomorrow..I just hope it don't get me to sick cause I can't stand nasty things going down. I will just have to drink it all at once to get it over with..How did some of yall drink yall stuff?? Fast or slow??

Good, God. Drink it fast. It's not tasty. Kind of salty, if I remember. Get it as cold, cold, cold as possible. And then put it over ice and drink it with a straw to bypass as many tastebuds as possible. Then look out!:lol::scared2:

4:00?? Girlie, I hope you don't go to bed early. You can't push it to around 2pm? Seriously, the last thing you want to be doing is running to the bathroom every ten minutes when you're trying to get to sleep (like you'll be able to sleep, but you know what I mean).

I'll be doing the same exact thing next Sunday and I already have my four magazines (two for each bathroom depending on where I end up in the house at any given moment :lol:).

And be prepared for a somewhat raw bottom.:sneaky:

Good luck!

-m

Yup, had to too. It was called Fleet, Phospho-soda. Nasty stuff and I didn't do all of it either. He wanted me to drink 2 bottles of it. I think I drank like half of one, don't remember - but it worked. It's not a big deal so don't worry about. I think it helps with the gas afterward - cause I had none. Others I have talked to who didn't have to do that had gas. So maybe there is some reason for his madness. Good luck with surgery

Would this be a good thing to try before starting a low carb diet or liquid diet? You know to maybe get rid of some bloatedness (is that a word?) before starting a major weight loss effort pre-surgery?

Thanks in advance!