Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss update and advice needed!

Hi everyone, I hope this encourage everyone and give people that extra push to make their goals. I've lost about 85 pounds since Sept. 2007, 7 months! I started at 269 and am down to 184!!! Almost into a size 12!! I feel great and just went back to work about 7 weeks ago to help keep me active and moving to lose a bit more weight. I know I will need a Tummy Tuck, 5 kids and few c-sections plus the weight have taken a toll, ya know.

But now my dilema: how far from my goal weight should I begin looking into this AND what should my goal weight be?? I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall...at my thinnest size 6 or 7 I weighed 135....but I don't know if the old body will ever be that thin again... :sad_smile: I'm about 50 yrs old but people think and insist I don't look a day over 33!! All that fat kept me young under it, huh? hehehe

So should I go for hitting 135 or just be happy at 160???? I've been tanning myself too and it has helped firm up my skin and give me a beautiful tanned glow I've never ever had. Any advice is very much appreciated here....

has anyone tried lipodissolve on tummy fat???? or arm fat????

All I can say is this, go to where you want to be. Only you can set that goal. Will you be comfortable at 160? Will you always wonder about that extra 25?

Its all up to you hun where you want to go and how you want to be.

Congratulations!! Great weight loss. My record isn't quite as good as yours, but I've lost 62 pounds. I'm at 177 and my lowest weight at 5'6 1/2" was 124. I looked pretty anorexic then and that was 30 years ago. According to the charts, I should be 139 to not be overweight. Not sure I can make it, but I'm going to give it a try! If I can get below that, I'll go for that too. I do like it when someone comes up and says..."you really are too thin!" :sad_smile: Since that only happened once from my doctor when at the 124 lb stage, I don't get to hear that very often!

I can't answer your question because I really feel that is an individual decision based on how you feel at a given weight/size and no one else can tell you what that will be. BUT, I did at least want to say congratulations on the awesome weight loss and good luck on getting the rest off!

I am only 5'2'' and according to the weight charts I should be 110 to 135.

I am going to be happy at 145 because I am in a size 12. My neck and face has wrinkles that weren't there when they were filled with fat. Also, I have a lot of flab on my arms.

I will just keep eating the way I do, and if I drop below 145, I will just have to decide if I am looking worse. I have a feeling my body will just settle in at 145 and stay there.

As for the goal weight...that is up to you. I am attempting to stop before I get to the perfect BMI and I am only 28. I am having a Tummy Tuck in a little less than three months and after I am all healed from that I may decided to lose a few pounds, though I don't think so. I am in a size 8/10 and frankly I don't want to look like skin and bones. And my DH doesn't want that either. I can run 2+ miles and I work out a lot so those things overshadow the scale to me. Remember, the scale is just a number and as far as I am concerned I want to be defined by more than just a number. (And this is coming from an analytical chemist!)

Hi everyone, I hope this encourage everyone and give people that extra push to make their goals. I've lost about 85 pounds since Sept. 2007, 7 months! I started at 269 and am down to 184!!! Almost into a size 12!! I feel great and just went back to work about 7 weeks ago to help keep me active and moving to lose a bit more weight. I know I will need a Tummy Tuck, 5 kids and few c-sections plus the weight have taken a toll, ya know.

But now my dilema: how far from my goal weight should I begin looking into this AND what should my goal weight be?? I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall...at my thinnest size 6 or 7 I weighed 135....but I don't know if the old body will ever be that thin again... :lol: I'm about 50 yrs old but people think and insist I don't look a day over 33!! All that fat kept me young under it, huh? hehehe

So should I go for hitting 135 or just be happy at 160???? I've been tanning myself too and it has helped firm up my skin and give me a beautiful tanned glow I've never ever had. Any advice is very much appreciated here....

has anyone tried lipodissolve on tummy fat???? or arm fat????

Hello HK!! Good job on your weight loss! Truly an inspiration.

I would think that you have lost enough weight to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Only he/she can tell you if you could have PS done now or if you should wait. It all depends on your fat and skin distribution and really what your goals are.

As far as lipodissolve goes, I can't imagine any plastic surgeon worthy of the title MD recommending that. It is not FDA approved (though the facilities that perform it will tell you it is). I did some research on this recently (a news story piqued my interest), and the results can be devastating. Perhaps it was only the providers that I saw on the story and online, but I did not run across anything positive about the procedure.

Hope this info helps, best wishes in whatever you decide!!!:lol: