Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ocotillo - thank you for the information...I kind of got the impression it would be like an assembly line because of the number of surgeries Dr. Ortiz has performed....I'm having my tests done the day before in the morning so when I go for the surgery the next day, I should have it done pretty early and quickly.....Hopefully the pain meds are good. Did you just stay overnight in the clinic one night? I'm planning on one night at the clinic, one night after surgery at the hotel and am flying back to Atlanta on Thursday.....hopefully I won't be too uncomfortable on the flight.

Did you get any prescribed pain meds to take with you back home?

I am using the shuttle service and the friend that is going with me will be utilizing them for runs to the clinic and to the hotel.....We are wanting to maybe go to the Revolucion Avidad (I believe that's how it's spelled) for some shopping since we're coming in 2 days early before the surgery but definitely want to do that safely...we'll check with the hotel for reputable transportation....I'm glad to hear you had no problems....

Thanks so much for the information...I would have PM'd you but I'm not sure how to do that on here....I guess as I use the site, I'll learn more about it....:thumbup:

Deetrix, I PM'd you...you should have a message when you log in.

I just got back Sunday from TJ Mexico & I feel great!

I have no regrets & for thousands cheaper, why should I?!

Good luck everyone.

I went to Dr. Ceron in Cancun and had lapband surgery on 9-18-09, I had a very good experiance with the doc,s and the nurses. The facility was very nice, bad things can happen in hospitals anywhere. There has been several deaths in my hometown hospital and the hospital lost its liscens to perform the by-pass operations. Do your homework but do not be afraid of mexican Doc's

I had surgery 10/16/09 with Dr. Kuri in TJ and it went very well. I am feeling great one week post op, and the experience was very positive.

The only bad thing, was the driver was really lame picking us up wayyyy too early for our return flight, in an effort to avoid making two trips. The hospital was very nice, clean and efficient, the doctors were good and the service excellent. I felt totally safe, secure and well cared for.

feel free to e-mail me if you want details about my experience

How has it gone since the surgery, I have not had a fill yet, however, I am still droping weight without it. I have just dropped below 300 lbs. for the first time in years. I have found a doc in Oxford,Ms. that will take mexican lapband patients. I am still looking for a support group locally. Let me know how you are doing, good luck on your journey.

I go today to TJ for my 1st fill!

I'm excited since I am getting hungrier everyday.

I dropped weight but I do not know how much.

I chose not to weigh myself until today with Dr Carmen.

I don't know about you. Dr. Arturo Rodriguez does not charge $20K for a band. He charges over 50% less than that.

On one hand you talk about how he was at fault and messed things up and in the next post you have nothing but praise for him.

FillCenterUSA was started by a Mexican doc. They mostly fill Mexican bands. Not sure why they would suggest you not go to Mexico when 99.9% of the people come home from there just fine and without folks like us, FillCenterUSA wouldn't be in business.

I've been to a FillCenterUSA place before and they most certainly do NOT "all" tell you not to go to Mexico. The fill person here in Phoenix was banded by Kuri... in Mexico. She sends her patients to Mexico all the time.

Most rational folks know that just because there is one problem doctor that does not mean an entire country's medical system is poor.

You claim that you were unable to get your band removed by a US doc. I'll take your word for it but you are the first. Many docs will not fill Mexican bands but you are the first I have heard where they won't remove it. Yet your medical provider would fill it (the problems they claim they have are fills, not surgery) but not remove it.

You never came here before or during your banding but come here for the first time just to slam dunk ALL of Mexico.

You claim you are fighting a lone battle. You don't have a band anymore, what are you fighting? People going to Mexico? If you want to be anti-Mexico OH is always available for you. Most here are pretty pro Mexico even if they didn't have surgery there. Maybe the reason you are fighting a lone battle is because you are wrong.

Yep, I agree with you. Something is fishy and I don't believe it is everyone "else".

Cheers.

what fill center inmm PHX do you use and what do you pay?

Still very happy I went to Mexico 8 months later!!!

By the way, anyone who refers new paitents are offered $, so it shouldn't be such a surprise.

I am happy to tell my story & if it gerates an extra buck so be it. Either way I am happy

we are going to cancun july 3 any help you can give us we would love thank you my email scjm40@hot.rr.com

I was also banded by Dr. kuri and had a horrible experience. I have had my lapband two years ago this month. I had several complications. When I called his office, I could never talk with a doctor. I went to his office and was told I had to get in line with the fill people to talk with a doctor. I was told to drink hot tea and sent home. Two weeks later I again went directly to his office after being unable to talk to either Dr. Kuri or any other doctor. I was doubled over and holding my stomach. This time the office manager started hollaring at me for posting a complaint about the first time I went and couldn't get any help. Amazingly, they wouldn't help me. I went home and got on the internet and found a wonderful lapband doctor in Tijuana who I went to. He corrected the problem the next week.

To answer your question, I went to Tijuana last week for my yearly checkup with my amazing lapband doctor. It was not at all crowded walking over the border, but everyone said it was safe, and there were police all over the city. I was a little apprehensive, but everyone welcomed me and I did not see anything that alarmed me or made me think there was any danger. My taxi driver said there were problems mostly in certain cities and mostly with known drug runners

Hi, I see that it's been awhile since you went to Dr. Kuri, I was wondering how you all did and are doing now that it's been awhile. I am thinking about going to Mexico to habe him do mine. Any response would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you

I was also banded by Dr. kuri and had a horrible experience. I have had my lapband two years ago this month. I had several complications. When I called his office, I could never talk with a doctor. I went to his office and was told I had to get in line with the fill people to talk with a doctor. I was told to drink hot tea and sent home. Two weeks later I again went directly to his office after being unable to talk to either Dr. Kuri or any other doctor. I was doubled over and holding my stomach. This time the office manager started hollaring at me for posting a complaint about the first time I went and couldn't get any help. Amazingly, they wouldn't help me. I went home and got on the internet and found a wonderful lapband doctor in Tijuana who I went to. He corrected the problem the next week.

To answer your question, I went to Tijuana last week for my yearly checkup with my amazing lapband doctor. It was not at all crowded walking over the border, but everyone said it was safe, and there were police all over the city. I was a little apprehensive, but everyone welcomed me and I did not see anything that alarmed me or made me think there was any danger. My taxi driver said there were problems mostly in certain cities and mostly with known drug runners