Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Fill Today - Hate being back on 2-Day Liquid & 2-Day Smooth foods!!!

I just had my first fill today and HATE the 2-day liquid and then 2-day soft foods, especially since I just started to begin to eat some solid food again :lol:? Can someone tell me again why the 4 days of liquid/smooth foods? I REALLY want to eat something right now (probably just psychological?)

The Dr's office had me schedule a fill every 2 weeks until I have my 6th fill and should supposedly be in the "sweet spot". I feel like the only reason I have lost the weight that I have so far is because I ended up getting a sever case of bronchitis the week after my surgery and did not eat for about 3 weeks and once I started introducing solid foods everything looked so good and I thought I would gnaw my arm off if I saw one more pizza commercial :huh2:.

I have my first fill tommorrow. Are the liquids filling you up? Maybe not if you want to knaw your arm off!!! You are lucky that you get to go back every 2 wks. I think my dr only fills once every month. Did you feel any different after your fill? Hang in there on the liquids. Thank God it's only a few days and not weeks like right after surgery... :huh2:

I do liqiuds the day of my fill and that's it. My doc said I could eat "normal" after that. I do find I take it very slow when I have a fill for fear of what may get stuck! I reckon it's kinda what you feel comfortable with. :biggrin:

I felt fine right after the fill and actually do not feel any different. I read some folks stories about not being able to even sip Water and that is definately not the case for me (which I'm glad). You are right a couple of days is not bad compared to how long it was right after the surgery. I'm struggling mainly with the liquids because I feel like I just started eating solid foods and was in a grove as to what I was eating every day and now I'm back to the liquids and you know how it goes after doing liquids for a couple of days, once you start eating food again you tend to over-indulge; so I'm hoping that I will feel full right away and won't be able to eat very much :bolt:

I did read that some people just do liquids the day of the fill and kind of feel like I could try a little something (otherwise how will you know if you get that "full" feeling?).

Can someone explain to me what a sweet spot is? Every time I get my fill whether its 1 cc or 3 cc I seem to have adverse reaction to it. The last fill, which was 3 days ago, didn't make me run to the bathroom and throw up.

Did anyone experience vomiting in their sleep after a tight fill? I for a fact wake up from a deep sleep, cough violently, and I have to rush to the toilet to throw up. Is this normal?

I am still on liquid and soft diet, fearing that I might regurgitate. I weighed 140 at the Doctor's office, my weighing scale says, after 3 days, I am registering 130! Well sometimes I think my Doctor's scale makes us heavy, my consistent gauge are the clothes that I wear. When they fit loosely, I know for a fact that I lost weight.

Lastly, is anyone reacting to eating chicken? I seem to throw up after eating chicken, compared to beef, fish or pork. Can someone explain to me???:tongue::thumbup::lol:

Your Lucky I Have To Do 3 Days Of Liquid And Then 2 Days Soft food

You Do This Because After A Fill Your Insides Are Inflammed. There Once Again Has Been Trauma Caused To Your Body. So If You Dont Let The Swelling Go Down Then You Will Wind Up Getting Things Stuck.