Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slow cooker or chile recipes

My absolute favorite way to make chicken in the crockpot is so easy that it's almost scary!

I put in three chicken breasts....and I throw them in frozen, straight from the bag at Sam's Club.....cover them with about a cup of my favorite salsa.....put the lid on, set it on low....VOILA....about 6-8 hours later, juicy, tender, flavorful salsa chicken!

Pre-band, I always served them with a sprinkling of grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.....but they're certainly good without the extra fat.

I make a simple mild chili on the stove that could lend itself to a slow cooker.

1 lb. lean ground turkey (93%)

1 med- lg. onion

1-2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

1 cup chopped celery

1 green pepper, chopped

(any other veggies you want!)

1 or 2 cans kidney Beans, drained and rinsed

1 can corn, drained, optional

Tomato sauce (lower calorie choice) and/or Tomato Soup (tastier choice!)

chili powder, cumin, etc. to taste

Brown and crumble the meat, add the chopped veggies, saute them if you like. Throw in everything else. Simmer for a while.

My last batch, a cup had about 260 calories and was very satisfying.

Here's one my family loves, it's sort of a thick chicken soup/chili type.

3 frozen skinless chicken breasts

2 cans chili Beans (I use one hot and one mild)

1 can black Beans (drained)

1 can chicken broth

1 package taco seasoning

1 can tomatos with green chilis

1 can mexican corn (optional)

I put everything in a crock pot (chicken last). Submerge the chicken and cook it on low for 6-8 hours. The last 30 minuts I shred the chicken breasts.

I top with grated cheese and sour cream. My teenagers like it with crushed tortilla chips (I skip that part)

Crock-Pot Turkey Breast

1 turkey breast

1 can cranberry sauce

1 envelope Lipton onion Soup mix

Put the turkey in the crock-pot, cover with cranberry sauce and Lipton onion soup mix. Cook 8 - 10 hours on low.

I do an easy chili on the stove. Brown turkey (I put it in frozen on low heat and spoon out the fatty stuff that cooks off of it--I use 93% turkey). I add pkg of Chili seasoning, 1 15 oz can Tomato sauce, 1 can of kidney/pinto/black Beans juice and all, 1 can chopped green chilis. I simmer for a while on low heat to mix the flavors, then before serving I sprinkle fat free (I like Kraft Free) shredded cheese on top to melt. Low fat, high Protein, and very tasty!

Here is one of my favorites:

Guilt Free Chicken

1 pkg skinless boneless chicken breast (3-4 breast)

1 pkg dry onion Soup mix

1 pkg Italian Salad Dressing mix ( I like the zesty Italian)

1 jar pepperocini with juice

Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Place chicken in crock pot. In a bowl combine dry soup mix and dry italian dressing. mix in juice from pepperocini. Pour mixture over chicken . Place whole pepperocini on top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Chicken will be very tender. Remove pepperocini and set aside. Break chicken apart and let it absorb the sauce. (this happens immediately). serve on light wheat sandwich Buns or with rice.

I put just about every kind of meat in the crocker!!!!!!!!

I make the salsa chicken all the time! YUM

Going to try the turkey and cranberry recipe... SOUNDS DELISH....

My family fav:

Beefy Onion

Cheap Steak in the bottom

1 large container of beef broth

1 envelope of onion Soup mix

1 envelope of brown gravy mix (could skip)

Pepper and whatever spices float your boat.

Cover and cook on low all day........

I have been know to add more broth/water and soup mix to make a delicious broth.........

also throwing in some potatoes and carrots always goes over well too.

Pork Steak

Jar of alfredo sauce (I like the Ragu roasted garlic)

can of mushrooms

again on low all day........ YUM

Garlic chicken (3 Points)

Recipe By :WEIGHT WATCHER CROCKPOT recipes WITH POINTS

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

4 skinned chicken breast halves

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons lemon pepper

1 large onion -- sliced

10 cloves garlic (about 1 medium) -- un-peeled

Mix together salt pepper and paprika. rub all over meat side of chicken

breast. place onion in slow cooker. place chicken breast side up on onion.

place garlic on chicken. cover and cook on low in slow cooker for about 6

hours or until juices run clear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 67 Calories; 1g Fat (11.2% calories

from fat); 2g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 2817mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1

1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

NOTES : Serve 4 @ 3 PTS

pineapple chicken (4 Pts)

Recipe By :WEIGHT WATCHER CROCKPOT recipes WITH POINTS

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

6 whole chicken breast halves without skin -- skinned and

split

1 dash pepper

to taste paprika

20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice -- 1 can tidbits

2 tablespoons dijon mustard

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 clove garlic -- minced

Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.

In a small bowl, combine drained pineapple tidbits, mustard and soy sauce.

Pour over chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours or

HIGH 3-4 hours. Makes 6 serving.

Per Serving: 194 Calories; 2g Fat; 28g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g

Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 483mg Sodium.

Crockpot Turkey Meatloaf

Make this delicious and low fat turkey meatloaf in your crockpot.

INGREDIENTS:

2-1/2 lbs. ground turkey

1 onion, finely chopped

2 eggs

1/3 cup milk

2 Tbsp. horseradish

2 Tbsp. chili sauce

1 cup soft breadcrumbs

1/2 tsp. salt

dash white pepper

2 gartlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup minced fresh parsley

PREPARATION:

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except turkey and mix well. Add turkey and mix gently just until combined. Tear off 2 30" pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold to make two 2"x30" strips. Lay strips in bottom of crockpot in an X pattern, letting the edges hang over the crockpot. Form turkey mixture into a loaf that will fit into the crockpot. Place on top of the foil strips.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees. Drain off fat as needed during cooking time. Use foil strips to lift meatloaf out of crockpot. Cover and let stand 20 minutes before slicing. 8 servings

My favorite crockpot chicken recipe is to take frozen chicken breasts right from the bag, drop them in the crockpot and cover with a can of green chili enchilada sauce. Turn on low for 6-8 hours. I like to shred the chicken and serve them in burritos with a little f/f sour cream or on top of a salad. Very good!

My absolute favorite way to make chicken in the crockpot is so easy that it's almost scary!

I put in three chicken breasts....and I throw them in frozen, straight from the bag at Sam's Club.....cover them with about a cup of my favorite salsa.....put the lid on, set it on low....VOILA....about 6-8 hours later, juicy, tender, flavorful salsa chicken!

Pre-band, I always served them with a sprinkling of grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.....but they're certainly good without the extra fat.

Since you used to use sour cream and cheese, why not try the fat free variety? Kraft Free shredded Cheddar or Mozarella is very good, and Breakstone I believe is one brand of fat free sour cream. You would still elminate the extra fat.