Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheese, Nuts and supplements

Hello everyone. Why is it that we are not supposed to have cheese and nuts. Is it due to the fat or calorie content or is there another reason? Also before the surgery I used to take Fish oil, coq10 and Gluchosime chondrotine. Is anyone currently taking these and if so how? Whole pill form, cut, crushed or liquid. By changing the form (cutting or crushing) should we take less because it is absorbed quicker into our bodies.

If anyone has any info I sure we would all like to know. Thank you in advance for all your help

serious? - both are staples in my diet for the last year - cheese has alot of protien and so do nuts - as long as you chew well and don't over indulge I don't see a problem

Nuts are a staple for me. lunch is often macadamias (not salted!) and fruit.< /p>

I try not to eat a lot of cheese because of the saturated fat, I try to eat mainly good fats like avocado, nuts, fish, olive oil and avoid animal fat other than what's in lean meats and chicken. I used cheese as a condiment more so than an actual staple food, although I will have some brie on crackers for lunch sometimes.

hi, i was banded july 16. you will eventually be able to eat nuts and cheese again. i do. i have to follow a special diet anyway exclusive of lap band and i practically live on them. high in Protein butyes you have to watch the calories. i never buy a can of nuts or a block of cheese. i only purchase the single serving at convenience store (99 cents usually) and the cheddar cheese that is usually sold by the fruit. i live on that stuff and you will be full on just a normal serving. but it will be awhile . i only started back to eating nuts about 2 months ago.

crushing pills shouldnt change anything except how fast it gets in the bloodstream but not the amount absorbed. call your pharmacist to be sure on that.

quote=barelovers;775260]Hello everyone. Why is it that we are not supposed to have cheese and nuts. Is it due to the fat or calorie content or is there another reason? Also before the surgery I used to take Fish oil, coq10 and Gluchosime chondrotine. Is anyone currently taking these and if so how? Whole pill form, cut, crushed or liquid. By changing the form (cutting or crushing) should we take less because it is absorbed quicker into our bodies.

If anyone has any info I sure we would all like to know. Thank you in advance for all your help

I take glucosamin/chondrontin in liquid form. The other Vitamin (besides the chewable multivits and vit C) that I take is subliguinal B-12. You should be able to get adequate fish oil from your diet and it's been sooooo long since I took coq10 that I don't remember why I took it.

You are right in being concerned about taking capsules and larger tablets.

Your MD could help with advice.

If you really want cheese, try the lowfat kind- it really is good! Jarelsberg makes lite swiss cheese (4.5 g.fat) and there are those little tiny wrapped cheeses (I have to look up the name) but they are only 2 g.fat. Not so bad. I don't believe in deprivation! If there is something I really want I allow myself to have it in small quantities. I don't make excuses and buy extra just because it's "on sale". (unless it's calorie free). If I notice I have a problem with it- then I really have to stay away from it for my own good. The mystery I am trying to figure out is: do I wan't more of it because I have been deprived of it? OR is it some chemical in my brain that makes me crave and want it more?

I had a smoothie the other day with a Protein boost (28g.) thinking oh this is fine, and it has protein. WRONG! Too much sugar for me! I could definately feel the sugar cravings the next day that I had to fight off like a cage fighter! No one said this was gonna be easy!

Hello everyone. Why is it that we are not supposed to have cheese and nuts. Is it due to the fat or calorie content or is there another reason? Also before the surgery I used to take Fish oil, coq10 and Gluchosime chondrotine. Is anyone currently taking these and if so how? Whole pill form, cut, crushed or liquid. By changing the form (cutting or crushing) should we take less because it is absorbed quicker into our bodies.

You can have cheese six weeks post op. I began taking flaxseed and Omega threes but I waited till after the six weeks. Thes come in capsules so they melt before they have to go through the band. This has been okay