Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

HI everyone. I haven't been around for awhile. I need support! I have been at the same weight for awhile now. I just can't get my act together. I went for a fill a few weeks ago but had to go back because it was too tight. It was even hard to get a drink down in the morning. So, Dr Vernon took the whole fill out. I'm at the point that I can eat ANYthing pretty much..........and that's not good. I haven't had a fill since december! So, I thought that last one would go well. ???????? I guess I gotta just bite the bullet & try harder/ Hope your all well.

Heidi,

Good to see you're back with us! I'm in the exact same situation as you. I went in for a fill in early May and couldn't keep anything down, not even Water. After taking the entire fill back out, it was like Thanksgiving every day. Thankfully, after a week of pigging out, I was able to get refocused and get back on track. I haven't really lost more than 2-3 pounds since then and I'm working really hard. In fact, I have only lost about 10-12 pounds since January......despite working my tail off! Good news is that I've lost it and haven't found any of it! I'm going in for a fill next week. Next time, smaller fill.......

Get back to the basics and watch your portion size. That's the first thing that creeps up on me. Good luck! :( Paige

Good Morning Gals!

As one getting ready for my 1 st fill, I am wondering why the dr , after an 'overfill' doesn't just take a portion of the fill out rather than taking out the entire solution?

What am I misunderstanding about the fill procedure?

Good Morning Gals!

As one getting ready for my 1 st fill, I am wondering why the dr , after an 'overfill' doesn't just take a portion of the fill out rather than taking out the entire solution?

What am I misunderstanding about the fill procedure?

It's funny you ask that....because I wanted to ask that last time, too! Dr. Robinson's PA used to do that, depending on how over-filled I was....AND she did small fills when I requested, like .5CC or even less. Dr. Robinson threw in an entire CC after not having a fill in like 12 months and it was horrible. I even questioned his actions 2 or 3 times, but he was insistent. Needless to say, I'll be pushier next time. Maybe he took out the entire fill because I was so horribly sick.......and needed the swelling to just go down. All I know is that I'm still in desperate need of a fill and haven't dared to get one yet because of my last experience.......

Good luck with your fill! The nervousness is far worse than the experience!!

Ya think the $$ would be beneficial to the dr's office when asked for a few gradual fills rather than the cost of just 1 visit for an overfill!

It is MY body and I know I am going to request..strongly request...gradual small fills.

Right now I am 'appetite controlled'. I can finish a meal, or not...quite the opposite from the pre-band me.

Birthday yesterday(60)...treated myself to a small Chinese dish of which I dumped half in the garbage...delish,but couldn't finish it, whereas I could go through a quart of stuff before and look for more all in one evening sitting!

I figure the swelling must all be down by now internally.

I don't get hungry now, just fatigued..BIG TIME.(blame it on the old age)

But , as I said, it's my body and I am going to INSIST on small gradual fills.

OK...off to get a pedi. Gotta spruce up in my sunset years. LOL!

I've been coming here I don't know how long and I just realized Faulkner is spelled wrong in the title of this post. I'm not observant at all.

Anyways I also go in for another fill on the 29th. I'm not even sure I should be getting one. I still have some restriction. I don't know if I have enough but...we'll see.

In my future I know that if I have restriction I surely would not go in for more. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ' works for me.

(when i initially saw your name on the post, your little anecdote about duckin' behind the tv's came to mind...too funny! ROFLOL)

I've been coming here I don't know how long and I just realized Faulkner is spelled wrong in the title of this post. I'm not observant at all.

Anyways I also go in for another fill on the 29th. I'm not even sure I should be getting one. I still have some restriction. I don't know if I have enough but...we'll see.

I've never noticed, either, and I used to work as an Editor!!

I'm in there for a fill on the 29th, too.....let me know what time!!! WE should have a big meal together prior to the fills. :(

Mine is even later....at 2:45. :blushing:

Singing, I appreciate your confidence about not getting a fill unless you need it---but many of us, far ahead of you in our process, have been without weight loss in a very long time. Some of us have gone 5+ months without losing weight. Not sure if we need a fill or not, but it's not an exact science, so you never know until you try it.....keep an open mind. You never know what you'll do until you're in the situation.

I think that the fact that I am emitaphobic has a lot to do with it. I just HAVE to go on the safe side w/o risks of an overfill. That's just me.

I appreciate the advice of you who are far ahead of me in the process. I am learning a lot from you .

can I join the "I need a fill club'? I have an appt after the holiday on July 6th. My last two appts were both for unfills the last one I lost all my restriction.

Right now not gaining but not losing either. Im ready to get down to business and back on the program so I hopeu this fill works. At least now I know what my upper limit for fills is. Luv2 see if you can get .25 or .30 bc you know 1.0 is too much for you.

Jay nice to run into the night at the show...gonna send you a pm on this site. Oh and that was ME who misspelled Faulkner. Wish I could fix it.

Hi ya Heidi and singing and everyone!!!

Edited by tinywishes123

Ok, so July is nearly here. Is anyone intending to go to the support group meetings? If so, which one? I have some flexibility this month, so I can do either one......I just don't want to go alone! Enjoy the sun while it's out!:thumbdown:

Hi everyone.

I totally spaced out & missed my last appointment for the 16th! oops! I haven't lost anything since then anyway but I was hoping she could put back in 1/2 of what she took out when I was overfilled. Now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet if I'm a bit tight & just go back to shakes for awhile. I haven't lost any weight in awhile. ?????????? trying to decide if I want to go to the gym or not today hmmmmmmm.

GO TO THE GYM! As far as "biting the bullet" and being over-filled---there's a difference between adjusting to being tighter and having to have mostly liquids/soft foods versus having really bad reflux and being really sick. Look at the rest of what you're doing if you're not losing. Are you eating the right foods? Are you drinking enough Water? Are you regularly moving? Are you measuring what you eat? Good luck, Heidi. Check in with your surgeon, even if you don't get a fill! :)