Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

I just saw a post on the DS forum about how a guy lost 200 lbs in 2 years...well shit people can do that with the band too so why is DS better? =/

I just saw a post on the DS forum about how a guy lost 200 lbs in 2 years...well shit people can do that with the band too so why is DS better? =/

Good question! I've noticed several posters over there who had their DS before I got my band and they've lost less than me. And I don't smell like a sewer or have my own personal johnny on the spot. But their surgery is sooooo superior.

OK Froggi - stop posting OH threads! Now I'm getting paranoid that I won't lose any weight having band surgery as I am MO!!!

For the first time, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing...

OK Froggi - stop posting OH threads! Now I'm getting paranoid that I won't lose any weight having band surgery as I am MO!!!

If you have sincerely investigated ALL surgery types, you know everything you can about all of them and banding is for you, go for it. If you have not researched all surgery types, better get that done.

Nonono... I'm not suggesting DS. I am suggesting that you become an expert in every WLS type.

As much as they call us uninformed about DS, they are uninformed about the Lap Band. Look at my stats in my sig. Look at so many other people on this board. Don't let those idiots influence you. Not everybody PB's, vomits, slimes, gets food stuck,etc all the time--I have NEVER done any of those things, save one small food sticking issue that was my fault because I ate too fast.

It is ALL about compliance, IMO.

just because you're MO doesnt mean you won't lose with the band...I am Super obese the highest there is and my doc thinks im going to do fantastic. No worries SNT.

I was just saying that the DSers think their surgery is the only one that works. And how it pisses me off. People here are proof the lapband works.

Yes Jaime is damn good proof. Look at her weight!!! She was banded at the END of feb and is down almost 100 lbs!! She is doing sooo good! I love her :thumbup:

Froggi - you're not worried that you'll eat around the band or do stupid shit we've done to get to where we are now? I am in NO WAY saying that major weight loss cannot be achieved; I'm just afraid I won't/can't, that's all. My insurance paperwork should be submitted this week so I'm sure this is just a case of cold feet! I just have my hopes up so much that I don't want to fail. I am beyond sick of being obese!

Jamie has done fabulously well as have WASa, Jachut, and others at goal whose names I cannot at 11:27pm come up with! I'm not even scared of PBing, sliming, et al. Again, I just don't want to fail!

I've always been scared of the GP/RNY b/c I've know of 2 people that died from it. One of my gf's locally was the poster child for RNY until she started gaining weight back this year. :-X

The band, to me, just seems less scary. (Yes I'm a chicken-sue me!!!)

Edited by SickNTired
I just can't get my damn thoughts organized!

Yes Jaime is damn good proof. Look at her weight!!! She was banded at the END of feb and is down almost 100 lbs!! She is doing sooo good! I love her :lol:

Aww, thanks, Froggi! :thumbup:

Aww, thanks, Froggi! :thumbup:

Careful there girlie girl! You are pretty darn close to beating my own record. I can't have that! ;o)

Good job, keep it up and close the fat chapter of your life once and for all.

Froggi - you're not worried that you'll eat around the band or do stupid shit we've done to get to where we are now?

To be truthful I am not worried. I have learned so much from this site about eating around the band and problems that may happen that I know what to do if I start to have problems and how to fix them. Also I will always keep in contact with my doctor. I have never once second-guessed my choice to get the band.

Aww, thanks, Froggi! :lol:

:thumbup: back :) :wub:

I love my lapband friends. :thumbup:

I think now that surgery is getting closer to being a reality, I'm just wigging myself out. The stupid DS thread about how LB should be taken off the market b/c it doesn't work (esp for the SMO/MO) just freaked me out. Screw them and their stinkiness.

Froggi - you're not worried that you'll eat around the band or do stupid shit we've done to get to where we are now? I am in NO WAY saying that major weight loss cannot be achieved; I'm just afraid I won't/can't, that's all. My insurance paperwork should be submitted this week so I'm sure this is just a case of cold feet! I just have my hopes up so much that I don't want to fail. I am beyond sick of being obese!

Jamie has done fabulously well as have WASa, Jachut, and others at goal whose names I cannot at 11:27pm come up with! I'm not even scared of PBing, sliming, et al. Again, I just don't want to fail!

I've always been scared of the GP/RNY b/c I've know of 2 people that died from it. One of my gf's locally was the poster child for RNY until she started gaining weight back this year. :-X

The band, to me, just seems less scary. (Yes I'm a chicken-sue me!!!)

I have two small kids, both with special needs. I didn't feel comfortable making a decision that I felt was risky. I went with the band for many reasons, but the first was that it was the safest. Four months before my lap band, I stopped breathing during a routine surgery, which scared the crap out of me and prompted me to look into the band. I'd researched RNY and hadn't heard of the band so I just forgot about WLS because I didn't want my insides rerouted.

I was terrified that I would fail--I'm still terrified of it. When I wanted to eat something before, I NEVER said no, I ate it and didn't even care. I ate when I wasn't hungry, when I was happy, when I was sad, when I was angry. I was so worried that I was destined to be obese forever. In the days leading up to my surgery, I sat down with a family member and expressed my wishes for the worst case, gave her the information needed for life insurance, financials, etc. The morning I went into surgery, I bawled like a baby because I was so scared. The surgery prior was the first time I'd ever had surgery and look at what happened.

When I had surgery, something just clicked in my head. food no longer controls me, I control my food. I can have a small portion of something "bad" and I'm satisfied. Seven months ago, I never would've guessed I could think this way.

I'm sorry to ramble. The point is, it is ok to be scared and nervous. Of course we question ourselves--how many other times have you tried to lose weight and either failed or gained it back? This is a huge step. I don't think it would be normal to not be worried and nervous.