Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

"What in the WORLD makes you think that you'll be a "good bander" and that you'll "lose more weight than a lot of DS people"? You'll be the one that defys statistics...wanna defy gravity too? If you can lose weight WITH the band, you should be able to lose weight WITHOUT the band. A diet is a diet is a diet. If you need a physical restriction, that's fine...work that tool. But, you're still gonna be wanting to eat the same crap that made you fat in the first place. Oh wait...the band comes with some magical fairy that makes you stop wanting Cookies and cheesburgers, right? I forgot about that. Good luck with your fairy...but watch out, I hear you turn into a pumpkin after midnight."

Quote from a lovely DSer on the Why isn't the DS more popular thread on OH.

"What in the WORLD makes you think that you'll be a "good bander" and that you'll "lose more weight than a lot of DS people"? You'll be the one that defys statistics...wanna defy gravity too? If you can lose weight WITH the band, you should be able to lose weight WITHOUT the band. A diet is a diet is a diet. If you need a physical restriction, that's fine...work that tool. But, you're still gonna be wanting to eat the same crap that made you fat in the first place. Oh wait...the band comes with some magical fairy that makes you stop wanting Cookies and cheesburgers, right? I forgot about that. Good luck with your fairy...but watch out, I hear you turn into a pumpkin after midnight."

This says a lot about the DS mindset, IMO. They don't get that people can just give up the things that are bad for them or at least limit their intake of those things. Thin doesn't equal healthy.

That was a reply from one of them after I said I would lose more weight than DSers with lapband :thumbup:

Well, the band was a magical fairy that made me stop wanting crap food. Give me a good old bowl of steamed veggies ANY day! Yummm. That's not to say that I don't want crap food once in awhile, I do. But I honestly don't want it all the time like I used to. The band did force me into better eating habits and now those are foods I prefer.

When I was on the sleeve post op diet I wasn't craving burgers, I honestly was craving veggies. I never dreamed I would be this person but I am.

DSers are whacko, seriously... they are. They want to eat crap food and be thin and for awhile they can. But then there comes a time (18 months) when they have to watch carb intake or they will gain. So their point is .. WTH is their point?

Besides, they stink.

Their point is they don't understand statistic. :thumbup:

I'd tell them the "good food" fairy often flies with the "normal bowel movement" fairy.

:cry_smile::lol::drool::lol::blink::lol::ohmy::lol::huh2::lol::sad::lol::eek::lol::lol:

I just read that link that was posted by froggi, and my doctor took me off my insulin resistance meds, BP meds the day after surgery. My cpap is gone and has been for quite some time. Do they think they have magic thing there, that they only get to get off meds???? Hmmmmm, very weird.

I just read that link that was posted by froggi, and my doctor took me off my insulin resistance meds, BP meds the day after surgery. My cpap is gone and has been for quite some time. Do they think they have magic thing there, that they only get to get off meds???? Hmmmmm, very weird.

They are a different breed of people. I still kinda wonder if the surgery does this to them or if a certain personality type is attracted to DS. ;o) I think I have decided that it must be a certain personality type is drawn to DS.

"I am fat, I can't overcome it, I won't deny myself anything that I want in life, this is my only answer."

Why else would someone get that procedure? I can't wrap my brain around it. To stink so you CAN eat that stuff and lose weight anyway... it boggles the mind.

Someone on this website who was banded a year ago has been talking about band removal on OH and getting DS.

Yes, they think they have something magical. I already told you that!

I was telling someone on OH that you can get your diabetes resolved with any WLS, not just DS, and the DS come back was that other WLS resolve but DS "cures" Type II Diabetes. If you are off your meds the day of surgery and never go back, then why is that somehow different than being cured??

On my surgery clinic's web site, the latest blog entry is all about how WLS cures diabetes. Not resolves it -- cures. So even the doctors aren't making the distintion that the DSers are making.

Yes, they think they have something magical. I already told you that!

I was telling someone on OH that you can get your diabetes resolved with any WLS, not just DS, and the DS come back was that other WLS resolve but DS "cures" Type II Diabetes. If you are off your meds the day of surgery and never go back, then why is that somehow different than being cured??

On my surgery clinic's web site, the latest blog entry is all about how WLS cures diabetes. Not resolves it -- cures. So even the doctors aren't making the distintion that the DSers are making.

Any of the WLS types stand a pretty good chance of putting diabetes in remission, not just DS.

Those people are just bizarre.

Maybe it's the whole psychology of being ignored/dissed/whatever as fat people that they want some kind of feeling of superiority?? *I* can still eat shit on a stick but *you band people* actually have to watch what you eat. <nose in the air> Ergo I am superior.

Pardon the pun but SHIT, I have no idea what those freaks think!!! I just don't get the idea why anyone gives a good damn what WLS someone has over them. GB worked for Joe Blow? AWESOME! Sleeve worked for Jane Blow; GREAT! DS <fanning air> worked for you, Stinky Stinkenheimer? YIPPEE! Who cares!!! You live your life and I'll live mine; how 'bout that? 0:-)

I do love how they act like the stink isn't real. Even bariatricedge.com says a concern about DS is that "Abdominal bloating and foul-smelling stool or gas may occur." HI HELLO!

Maybe it's the whole psychology of being ignored/dissed/whatever as fat people that they want some kind of feeling of superiority?? *I* can still eat shit on a stick but *you band people* actually have to watch what you eat. <nose in the air> Ergo I am superior.

Pardon the pun but SHIT, I have no idea what those freaks think!!! I just don't get the idea why anyone gives a good damn what WLS someone has over them. GB worked for Joe Blow? AWESOME! Sleeve worked for Jane Blow; GREAT! DS <fanning air> worked for you, Stinky Stinkenheimer? YIPPEE! Who cares!!! You live your life and I'll live mine; how 'bout that? 0:-)

I do love how they act like the stink isn't real. Even bariatricedge.com says a concern about DS is that "Abdominal bloating and foul-smelling stool or gas may occur." HI HELLO!

The OH DS main page says the same thing. The DSers have been complaining about that forever and wanting OH to remove the "stinky" part of the DS description. OH refuses to do it because it is accurate.

Right, pretend it isn't there and you won't smell it...