Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

okie no more ds talk and froggi froggi is only a bandster well in november :tongue_smilie:

okie no more ds talk and froggi froggi is only a bandster well in november :tongue_smilie:

Isn't it kinda funny that someone would be ashamed of being a DSer? Can you imagine in REAL TIME? How humiliating.

We love you Froggi, you are a fav!

So everyone's poop stinks, huh? To me this is like a guy with really bad BO saying "but everyone stinks". Yes, we all stink if we don't wash ourselves, and some people stink if they don't use deodorant, but that doesn't mean the guy hasn't got really bad BO. All stinks aren't equal.

What really gets me are the "our surgery is the best" and "our surgery has the best weight loss" and "our surgery has the best resolution of diabetes". First of all, statistics are not predicative for the individual. So even if a WLS has an average EWL of 90% at two years, that won't stop you from being one of the ones who never meets goal or, alternatively, getting to 100%.

Secondly, these are of necessity very small studies (since the surgery isn't as popular as RnY). When you have small groups, it's very possible that some other factor is skewing the results. The more studies that are done and the more people that are in them, the more likely that you'll not get those kinds of results. For example, there are studies showing lap band patients having 70% EWL at 2 years. This is the same as the DS stats I've seen. But there are also stats that show only 42% EWL. If enough people get the DS, they'll have studies like that too. It's bound to happen that one group that gets studied doesn't have the greatest results.

From what I can tell, not only is one surgery not right for everyone, but all surgeries in the really long term (at least a decade) trend towards 50% EWL. That, combined with what I see on the boards, says to me that some people are very successful, get to goal and stay there, some are not very successful and don't lose much or lose but then gain it back, and a lot are in between. Over time it tends to even out.

Statisticians even have a name for this phenomena. It's called regression towards the mean.

But when someone tries to convince me that I should get a DS, if they quote stats at me to say the DS is the "the best", I send them a link to a study I've found that shows that the sleeve is the best surgery for women over 50 (a group to which I belong). :tongue_smilie:

Are you kidding me??? So now the med that keeps u from stink makes your pee dark brown?

..and, no biggie? Yeah, sorry - big deal.

Post Date: 7/14/08 10:36 pm

Last Edit: 7/14/08 10:40 pm

Hi,

I am on a week long round of Flagyl, 500mg 3x a day. I am about 5 days in and today my urine has been getting progressively darker. It is now dark brown. I have no other symptoms of anything. Could this just be from the flagyl?

I don't feel sick or anything. Any idea what is up?

Edited to add that I don't think I am dehydrated. I have been consisitantly getting at least 96 oz of Water a day, including today.

Laura H.

spacer.gif

______________________________________________-

Baby Catcher

Post Date: 7/14/08 10:55 pm

Yes, Flagyl can cause dark urine in some people.

No Biggie.

lolol :thumbup: lol

It just blows my mind that they really can't comprehend why we wouldn't want the same surgery type. They really don't get it.

I guess eating crap food is that important to them. NOTHING is that important to me! I mean NOTHING!

but omg taking buckets and porta potties and bedpans in the car with you WTF LOL

but omg taking buckets and porta potties and bedpans in the car with you WTF LOL

Heh. Don’t forget using your little nieces’ sandbox as a public restroom.

What’s wrong with those people?

Why, why, WHY do I keep falling for y'all's doggone DS links? Must...step...away.

Anyway, from that post:

Total loss to date: 32 lbs I heart.gif My DS! If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me!

OMG DISGUSTING! (Tho I can think of one co-worker I could sic her on!)

And can someone please explain to me why James G doesn't have on a shirt? Mr. "DS is the PLATINUM STANDARD OF WLS" is gross - why would we want to see him shirtless? GAK

Edited by SickNTired

Heh. Don’t forget using your little nieces’ sandbox as a public restroom.

What’s wrong with those people?

OMG that was too much!!! Oh and the bedpan in the car. Geez, these people are mental.

OMG that was too much!!! Oh and the bedpan in the car. Geez, these people are mental.

And they STILL can't comprehend why we don't want DS too! Freak'en amazing. I still can't wrap my brain around their inability understand.

You gotta be pretty desperate to want a cookie that bad!

where are they rating their farts?