Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

it was good to see you to fordgal and i also cant wait for the walk

Debbut? Did I miss something? Is there something wrong with your band???

Debbut? Did I miss something? Is there something wrong with your band???

Yes..I pulled my post because I think I was scaring a couple of folks and I don't want to do that. Shawna will you email me? dbutler72@gmail.com I'll tell you what's going on..I could use some encouragement.

Deb

I met Jason at doctor's office today. I embrassed myself because I called him Troy instead of Jason! I knew his face but his name slipped right by my poor old memory. Bet I don't forget it again.

I got my first fill today, Lisa put in 4cc. After we left there we went to Taco Bell. I ordered a small container of Beans and with the first bite, I started having severe chest pains and the saliva rose up in my throat like crazy. I thought I was going to throw up but it passed. Lisa didn't instruct me in any special diet so I thought the beans would be okay. I'm okay now but am afraid to eat again. I didn't like that feeling at all.

Is my fill too much??????? Remember 4cc's for first fill.

I met Jason at doctor's office today. I embrassed myself because I called him Troy instead of Jason! I knew his face but his name slipped right by my poor old memory. Bet I don't forget it again.

I got my first fill today, Lisa put in 4cc. After we left there we went to Taco Bell. I ordered a small container of Beans and with the first bite, I started having severe chest pains and the saliva rose up in my throat like crazy. I thought I was going to throw up but it passed. Lisa didn't instruct me in any special diet so I thought the beans would be okay. I'm okay now but am afraid to eat again. I didn't like that feeling at all.

lolly i would probably do lliquids tonight but tomorrow it should be fine. How much are you down now?

I got my first fill today, Lisa put in 4cc. After we left there we went to Taco Bell. I ordered a small container of Beans and with the first bite, I started having severe chest pains and the saliva rose up in my throat like crazy. I thought I was going to throw up but it passed. Lisa didn't instruct me in any special diet so I thought the Beans would be okay. I'm okay now but am afraid to eat again. I didn't like that feeling at all.

hello everyone!

it was nice meeting you today lolly! im glad to see you get a fill today. i figure you would after we talked. and yes please do 24hours of liquid diet affer every fill. that gives you time and your band time to fight. and i would say the beans would be to much for you to start out with. if i remember right they are real thick right. those want go down to well. after your 24hr diet go to sometime thin and then easy move into full soilds. it will help you alot. im sorry i should have told you this in the office.

i have to say im sorry for not being on here alot in the last few months. it has been so busy around here. but for now on im going to get back to my old self and help out. ask anythe older ones from in here i was in this room all the time.

well went to see the dr today and lisa pulled all my fuild out and they was only 5cc's in there. she said you can't get it all back out. so she said that i might have as much as 5.5cc's in my band. so she put 6.5 back in. and i can tell you now i have my restriction back to its fullest! WOW! haven't had this much in sometime. i got to go back in 6 weeks and make sure it all stays in there. im thinking last time she just didn't put it all back in.

so who all from here will be there saturday for the walk. i know kaninag and lolly won't be able to make it.

jason that is wonderful news and i have not ever done the 24 hr liquids after a fill but will from now on. one quick question i am getting between 750 and 900 calories a day do you think it is ok I was watching biggest loser last night and the made a comment about 1200 calories being what is needed. Finally i will be at the walk and i can not wait for it

ACTUALLY- I'm off saturday and My family wont be coming up from Fl due to the flooding in Ga.....SO I'm thinking about coming to the walk. Will kim be there?

Any exercise I can get to help me lose will be great.....I am so close to onderland I can smell it :thumbdown:.5lbs!!!!

Well, I hope to see you all saturday. If not then I will hopefully be at the november meeting. I will finish my 7day work weeks the week before thanksgiving YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

JASON- I would DEF watch them from now one when they do your fill to make sure it gets put back in...Working in the healthcare field myself I know how easy it is to "mess up"

jason that is wonderful news and i have not ever done the 24 hr liquids after a fill but will from now on. one quick question i am getting between 750 and 900 calories a day do you think it is ok I was watching biggest loser last night and the made a comment about 1200 calories being what is needed. Finally i will be at the walk and i can not wait for it

well i have always seen where you need to put in around 1200 aday. but you go tto remember the ones on the bigggest loser is working out everyday. so there bodys has alot of stress on them. so they have to put in alot of calories, they are burnning like 2000-3500 aday i sure of.

so for your answear. anywhere from 1100 to 1500 aday and working out aleast 3 days a week you should be fine. but you can always call and ask them at the office.

ACTUALLY- I'm off saturday and My family wont be coming up from Fl due to the flooding in Ga.....SO I'm thinking about coming to the walk. Will kim be there?

Any exercise I can get to help me lose will be great.....I am so close to onderland I can smell it :thumbdown:.5lbs!!!!

Well, I hope to see you all saturday. If not then I will hopefully be at the november meeting. I will finish my 7day work weeks the week before thanksgiving YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

JASON- I would DEF watch them from now one when they do your fill to make sure it gets put back in...Working in the healthcare field myself I know how easy it is to "mess up"

yea im going to watch them more close next times. well i did today.

and kim want be there this saturday. she has to open that day.

Hope all goes well with your fill Lolly... Just take it easy for a little bit and it will seem to ease up. My fills always seemed to take a couple of weeks before I really felt restriction. Its funny how much more aggressive the fills are now. The most I ever got at once is 1.5cc.

Tonight I went shopping for some new clothes. I have been stretching my wardrobe for as long as I could and I was looking pretty sad. It was so weird. I went to Cato and actually got to shop on the "regular size" side. I felt so weird. Like I was new to the "club" or something. It was kind of liberating. =) I am digging it!!

Busdriver - I would definitely try to get in at least 1000 calories a day. I find that I do better when I get in more calories. Your body needs fuel to run efficiently.

I will be at the walk on Saturday! Earlier the weather said an 80% chance of rain! I so hope they change it. I don't want it to rain! I am really looking forward to this.

I am going to take Jason's advice about fluids for 24 hours. Maybe longer. That was a scary thing to have happen today. I was ready to go right back to the office and cry help but decided that maybe it was the choice I made and not the band. I was surprised that Lisa put in 4cc's for the first fill but she said that Dr Miles is a little more aggressive now. I ate some mashed potatoes tonight and managed a teaspoon full. Made my stomach feel better.

When I saw the Nut today, Ashley said for me to get in more fruit, more Fiber, and to stick to about 1,000-1,200 cals a day.

Good luck everyone on the walk. Next year, I'm walking!

thank all of yall for answering my questions i will get more calories in today somehow. Fordgal that is great i cant wait till i can shop on that side. Cant wait for saturday to see all of you again

lolly, alos try smaller bites. that helps me sometimes. and also take as mich as you can to eat. that way its not that much on you at one time.

good morning all wishing everyone a happy friday and hope to see yall tomorrow

well I wont be there...I am going to work afterall...since i dont have much vacation time I do need to save it for the rescheduled reunion. you guys have a great time and hopefully i'll see you and meet some of you in november!!!