Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

i hope that fill helps out ford. let us know.

crimson, i forgot all about the meeting tuesday and i dont have a sitter. and plus i got an union meeting to go to @ 530. but i will be @ st.vincents.

well im done a few pounds me so happy.

i got 27.5 to lose before july. i want to be down 100 pounds before i go to the beach.

Edited by JASON R

well im done a few pounds me so happy.

i got 27.5 to lose before july. i want to be down 100 pounds before i go to the beach.

:thumbup::party::party::thumbdown:

Hey everyone

I haven't been on in the past wk. First I want to say thanks to everyone that gave me advice on my little problem. I called the office and they told me that they would give me a fill when I get back.(I'm leaving to go to Chicago on the 17th) The good news is I haven't gained any wight back. :thumbdown: I will not be at support group this month b/c I will be out of town. Does anyone know if the plane ride is going to make me feel tighter? Hey Shawna, I finished Twilight. Greaaaaat Book. I have started on the next one.

Tiana, I flew to Detroit in October and had no issues at all. You should be fine. We will miss you at support group. I thought the books where great. I read the 15 chapters that she released from the 5th one (it is from Edward's point of view) last week. Now I am looking for a new series to read!

So far this fill is okay. I have read soo many horror stories about being too tight. I am really takin it slow.

OK I have read the twilight series (and could not put them down) but whats this one from edwards point of view??? I havent seen that one...

Its only the first 15 chapters. I really liked it and found it funny. You can read on here why she released it. The only sucky part is that its only a partial and she doesn't know if or when she will finish it. Go here StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun and she tells about it and lets you upload it.

Enjoy.

=)

Shawna

Thanks girl...can I have a vampire bf on the side? LOL

Well, Im officialy lazy today..sorry crimson tide man..this sickness has got me DOWN...I only worked 1/2 day..did you go to the meeting though? If so how was it....

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since I posted but I had to get on and see if anybody had an experience like I had at the doctors office today.

Well I went for my 4th fill today and it was horrible. Dr. Schmitt and Lisa were in surgery late so Dr. Miles was seeing all the patients. He was my surgeon but Lisa has done my fills in the past. Well beside sitting in the waiting room for and hour and thirty minutes, I then waited in the exam room for another 25 minutes. Dr. Miles comes in and asks me how everything is going and then preps me. Well he jabs that needle in and starts moving it around...can you say ow...after about 5 minutes he kept saying I don't even feel your port. I had tears streaming down my face. Well apparently he had taken the needle out and stabbed me again and I didn't even realize it(when I got home I saw 2 puncture holes). After about 10 minutes he said well maybe you need to come back and let Lisa do it. All he said was sorry in a very dry and unconvincing way. So after waiting for 2 hours and 10 minutes of unbearable pain, I got no fill. I also had to leave work early for the appointment and am missing school tonight(b/c of the pain) all for nothing. I am so upset and my stomach hurts so bad, could it be possible that he damaged something while he was digging around?

I don't even know what to think...I had to schedule an appointment to come back next week. Has anyone else had a visit like this?

Thanks girl...can I have a vampire bf on the side? LOL

:thumbup: I think mine has a brother :smile:

I am sorry about your appointment snow. I have heard that Dr. Miles is awful at fills. Lisa is the only one who has done mine. I hope your next visit goes better.

Edited by Fordgal88

Kanning, the Anniston meeting was pretty fun. Would have been more fun if we could have met some of the people from this forum. Maybe next time. I learned things to look for on labels of food. The bad thing i learned is that the foods i like to eat the most are the foods i don't need to be eating. One of the people running the group class wants everybody to keep a journal of your weight and food intake. He also talked about getting other people to come and talk and getting up a get together at Oxford Lake on a Saturday for a walk around the lake. I think me and my wife were the only lapband people there the others were gastric bypass patients. But over all it was fun and planning on going next month. Sorry your sick.

thanks kaninag! im dont think im going to get a fill this next time either. im still good from the last one. i cant wait to hit the 100 pound mark. its been along time since i been under 300 pounds i cant wait for that too.

snowflake, i had a visit something like that. it was my first fill our second one. but i waited for about 15 mins in the waiting room and then had to wait 2 hours in the exam room. dr. miles had to go help someone in surgery.

then once he got back he tried to give me a fill and he never was able to do it. and had to get lisa to do it. man i wish she done them for the men now. but dr. miles stuck me 2 times like you and got it after about 10 mins.

but dr.miles has done all mine except the one that he got lisa to come in and help.

maybe the next one will be better for you and me.

Crimson Tide: Im glad to here that the meeting was fun...I needed to go bc I havent been to a meeting in a LONG time. Im def going to the St. Vincents one this month.

Snowflake...I hate that you had such a horrible experience with the fills...Iv heard that when the doc does it its usually not good but my doc is the only one that does the fills in his office...but of course he dug around trying to find my port the first time too..They dont want to admit it but most docs arent as experienced with needles as the nurses are.....I too left work early only to not get a fill but I had to do it under fluro later that week.which was super easy...but before that due to my experience I was ready for them to yank this thing out...but dont get discourage you will get a fill and you will lose weight..you can do it!! Just remember that it is a long process (even though we want it to be instant) and just request that lisa be the only one to do your fills...all surgeons have a bad day...maybe this was his......GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for the encouragement, I am scarred he punctured my tubing or something. I guess I will try to eat somethings I normally can't eat over the next few days to test my band. That experience almost makes me want to change doctors but I guess it doesn't matter now ...:smile:

Shawna...I say she needs to finish this book!! What I read was just as good as the others I couldnt stop reading it...lol

OMG-Im never gonna get over this sickness....I need some drugs...I feel AWFUL!