Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Now I am worried. It appears all of you on the 6 month BC/BS prediet lost weight. I gained about 12 pounds. Will that prevent them from approving my surgery????!!!!!! I have the psyc evaluation and sleep study to go and that is it...I'll be glad when I get through with all of this. :smile2:

Now I am worried. It appears all of you on the 6 month BC/BS prediet lost weight. I gained about 12 pounds. Will that prevent them from approving my surgery????!!!!!! I have the psyc evaluation and sleep study to go and that is it...I'll be glad when I get through with all of this. :smile2:

See, in my thought process I would think that you gaining would increase your chances of getting approved. I think as long as you do what youre supposed to and fall within the guidelines you'll be ok...I actually got denied by my previous insurance. LUCKILY our insurance changed over at the beginning of the year and I reapplied and was accepted. When I started the 6month diet I had no intention of having the surgery. About half way thru when I stopped losing weight I started looking at other options and I found out about the lap band...so for me I was half way thru doing what I needed to get approved before I even knew I wanted the surgery. I actually needed to gain 2lbs to have the correct bmi....theyre really strict but as long as you show it on paper youre good!!! I think the whole point in all of these requirements is to weed out the ones that arent really serious. If you go thru this horrible process they feel like you are more apt to lose the weight and get healthy and trust me the only reason insurance companies are paying for this is bc they feel it will save them money in the long run!

alabama, thanks im doing what i can. and when you get you first fill you should see a weight lost.

bandofhope, dont worry i believe you will be ok. im with Kanina with this. there just weeding out some of the people.

Sounds like we've all been bad except Shawna and Jason! I ate everything in sight. But, I did walk on the beach a lot! You know, "they" always say don't weigh everyday, but I do or I would gain more weight. It really helps to see what works for me and what keeps me from losing. I weigh everyday at the same time, right before I get in the shower. And you see what happens when I'm away from a scale for a few days, I go wild and gain 3 lbs. That's the most I've gained since surgery. It will be gone by Friday, I MEAN IT!

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that the lack of fat in our diet has made our skin incredibly dry this fall? Please tell me you have and it's not oldage. The skin on my hands is like sandpaper, no matter how much lotion I use all day. With the humidity at the beach, my skin was so soft and within 24 hours of being home, I'm growing fish scales again........

Now I am worried. It appears all of you on the 6 month BC/BS prediet lost weight. I gained about 12 pounds. Will that prevent them from approving my surgery????!!!!!! I have the psyc evaluation and sleep study to go and that is it...I'll be glad when I get through with all of this. :cursing:

Don't worry band, just between us (and the rest of the world I gained 15lbs from my initial visit with Dr. Miles until the day before surgery. I think I gained around 10-12 during my supervised visits. Nothing was said and I was approved.

LOL Di am the same exact way about weighing - but for me to update my ticker - it has to stay consistant for more than 2 days...LOL! I weigh in the morning and in the evening. Sometimes I will gain 1 or 2lbs but I believe that it is mostly Water - since I retain water like a camel - If I don't take my water pills I will not pee for literally 8 hours. I also have that inner ear thing and I walk sideways after about 2 days of not taking them. Anyways I read that people who weigh daily do better at keeping weight off for the long term and I am a true believer in that.

Another big feat for me today. Okay you know we all have them "goto" clothes. The ones that you feel most comfortable in cuz they fit all the time and hide the rolls of fat. Well I have this sweater that I have had for probably 6 years that I wore ALL THE TIME over the last 6 years, well today I wore it cuz its brown and I just bought some new pants. Well we have mirrors all over our office and I looked and this sweater is WAY too big! I am gonna have to move it to my just wear at home drawer. hehe!!

=)

Edited by Fordgal88
addition

YAY to the just wear at home drawer!!!!!!!!

HA I would have to say I may have you all beat on the weighing daily. DONT LAUGH OR THINK IM CRAZY- I weigh as soon as I get up in the morning, before I eat Breakfast, when I get home in the afternoon and before I go to bed....I know that is completely insane but its what keeps me on top of my weight. When I was at my family's house for thanksgiving after I ate I got on their scale....hey I didnt pig out by any means but I did have some YUMMY squash casserole :cursing: But I know that if I go 2 or 3 days without getting on the scale I will gain...so you know. And Fordgal Im like you I dont change my ticker until Ive been at that weight for at least 2 days.

di i did cheat a little when i was in the smokies. it seemed that all i did was it. and i ate some pie to. it was so good.

i also get on the scales everyday. but i dont change my ticker until i weight at the dr. office our at support group meetings.

I do know that I can have a treat once in a while and I don't gain, don't lose either, but as long as I don't gain I'm happy. Not too happy this week!

I forgot to tell y'all the most awsome thing that happened. It was supposed to be raining and in the 60's at the beach while we were there, well it wasn't. We brought nothing but jeans and long sleeves and sweaters. Well, Friday afternoon it was so hot sitting on the deck I couldn't stand it anymore and went in search for something to put on. I put on my husbands' tshirt and boxers. They're mediums!!!! The peep hole in the boxers was gapped wide open, but I didn't bust a seam when I sat down. So, I'm all set for shorts this spring!

Yeah you have to treat yourself every now and then. My treat is Mexican food :) I LOVE Mexican food so when I know Im gonna get to go I eat really lite that day for bfast and lunch and then also the next day...I tell myself that evens it all out :tongue2:

YAY to the medium shorts....I swear I love hearing everyones success stories ---

I have a pair of shorts that I havent worn since my first yr in college (they have butterflies on the pockets and they were my FAVORITE) they still look new-My goal is to be able to wear those when we go to fl. next july....that will be the first time Ive worn shorts in probably over 3 yrs....

Good morning guys!!

Ok, as you are well aware, I have my first fill tomorrow. SO ~ since I am scared out of my mind...please tell me what I need to expect. I'm afraid it's going to hurt and I have been through enough pain on this trip!

Any advice?

Good morning guys!!

Ok, as you are well aware, I have my first fill tomorrow. SO ~ since I am scared out of my mind...please tell me what I need to expect. I'm afraid it's going to hurt and I have been through enough pain on this trip!

Any advice?

First of all when they ask if you want the numbing shot, tell them no. I understand it hurts. The fill doesn't hurt at all, just a little prick at first. Like my pediatrician told me when I was a kid, if you don't look at it, it doesn't hurt.

Good morning guys!!

Any advice?

Di is right. It feels weird more than anything. It doesn't hurt. I have never got the numbing medicine. After its over you might feel like you got a bruise on your tummy, but its not painful. Let us know how it goes!

Thank you ladies! I am excited and nervous all in one! I am just looking forward to loosing more weight. I feel different already just loosing the 20 lbs I have ~ I will let you all know for sure how it goes. I have to also meet with Ashley too.

If you find that the fill is too uncomfortable for you ask them to give you the numbing cream. You get a prescription and put the cream over the site 1 hr before your fill cover it with 4*4 piece of tape or clear adhesive remove right before your fill and wipe off...you dont feel anything! I have never had a fill without it and I have never had any pain!!