Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Fill.. didn't do SH!T!!!

Nope nothing at all!! And guess what my period is on ... ladies you know exactly what I mean!! food CRAVINGS GALORE!! I just wish I could not eat as much ... of course my will power sucks! And I don't know what to do ... I was doing so good before 1500 calories a day and the nutritionist said that I should bump that to 1800 till I take some more weight off... But I just wish I wouldve known that alot of times first fills don't do the trick I mean I feel nooooooooooooooooooooooo restriction at all! :shades_smile: If anyone could please help me with this any in sight would be greatly appreciated! I don't know what to do ... I just dont wanna regain all my lost weight ... 2nd fill is in 3 weeks from now. But I need soome help I am really down! Thanks LOVE AND BLESSINGS APPLES!:success1:

keep solid Protein as high as you can. that will stay in the band longer. try to limit to carbs as they burn quicker and tend to trigger cravings.

once you hit your sweet spot, it will get much better.

I felt the same way after my first fill. I didn't feel any restriction until the 3rd. Just try to be aware of what you are eatting and if you are really hungry or not.

I just had my fifth fill two days ago......that's right my FIFTH. It seems like this MAY have done the trick. You gotta hang in there. Like losingjustme suggested try to eat lots of Protein.

Good Luck because it isn't easy!

Edited by thenume

I say call your Dr and get in for another fill after a week. That's why you have the band...sometimes willpower isn't enough. I had 3 fills within 7 weeks.

Man I thougth I was the only one that did not feel anything.. and my doctor put in 3cc.. ( i dont know how big my band is though).. I feel hungry faster now than I did before the fill.. It sucks

It took me about 5 fills to get good restriction too. I was really frustrated.

You just have to try to eat right and stuff yourself with Protein and not carbs. You can still lose that way, and the cravings will go away.

I had my first fill today and the Dr. explained to me that not to expect restriction with the first fill. He said that the reason they don't fill you to the maximum the first fill is because of the swelling with the stomach. It has to be a gradual process but not to get discouraged with the first fill.You will hit that sweet spot it just may take a little longer. Hang in there.

Hey I've had 3 fills and hopping my next one will hit the spot. Its taking alot of willpower , but sometimes I just domt have it.

I say call your Dr and get in for another fill after a week. That's why you have the band...sometimes willpower isn't enough. I had 3 fills within 7 weeks.

not sure if that's the best idea. i know many of us on here, our restriction level varies greatly within the month especially that TOM...

i'd ask your doctor what they suggest and go by that.

Nope nothing at all!! And guess what my period is on ... ladies you know exactly what I mean!! food CRAVINGS GALORE!! I just wish I could not eat as much ... of course my will power sucks! And I don't know what to do ... I was doing so good before 1500 calories a day and the nutritionist said that I should bump that to 1800 till I take some more weight off... But I just wish I wouldve known that alot of times first fills don't do the trick I mean I feel nooooooooooooooooooooooo restriction at all! :cheers2: If anyone could please help me with this any in sight would be greatly appreciated! I don't know what to do ... I just dont wanna regain all my lost weight ... 2nd fill is in 3 weeks from now. But I need soome help I am really down! Thanks LOVE AND BLESSINGS APPLES!:smile:

I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me. After the 2nd fill I still felt no restriction al all. I was even concerned that somehow the band wasn't even there! I voiced my concerns to my Dr and he inserted a needle to draw out the Fluid to measure how much was actually in there and quess what??? There was no fluid in it! They had missed my port on both fills. Apparently my port is a bit sideways. The dr then filled me with 6cc's and talk about restriction! Wow...it is definitely working now like it should be...44 lbs in the past few months. My husband and I both had it done on the same day so it's been a fun kind of competition between us. Voice your concerns to you doctor and I'm sure things will change for you. Good luck.

LOL well I really really appreciate all of your responses! Newgette ... girl I am sure he hit it LOL ... I heard the gross pop of hitting the back of my port LOL!! I do have to get more Protein down that I can admit ... But alot of times I am not hungry ... then when I am it's like x10 ... I feel like crap right now cause I did a workout class with my gym buddy and I almost passed out!! It was awful I thought Iwas ready for it and I was not!!! TOUGH! So I just gotta take it easy. I gotta crawl before I run LOL! But it is kinda ddictive seeing the pounds come off than I want more and more and more and more LOL! Like some forbidden fruit or something! But I am really trying with this eating man is it hard. It was easier when I was on mushies and liquids and stuff but now being back on solids it's like a green light! Maybe I should just try to cut cards all 2gether like before ... Like do the south beach diet until I get proper restriction. DAMN why do carbs have to be so damn tasty! I am so proud of myself for my weight loss thus far ... but damn this is harder than I ever imagined! But I am ready for the journery as Jack said ... It took me awhile to get this fat even though it felt like I just woke up fat one day! LOL ... But thanks you guys please keep the comments coming all you "vets" in this game! Us rookies need to hear this stuff alot! But I damn sure hope that the 2nd works and by the way the 2nd is in 3 weeks! So wish me luck lots of love and blessings Apples!

Please don't feel bad. I had my first fill on Mar 5, 08 and when my doctor put the saline in me I could actually feel the saline fill the band. The scale is not changing very much for me either. My co-workers and my husband have had to listen to my anxiety like yours..when will the scale start showing the effects of my starvation?? LOL..but actually my clothes are getting looser and I try to explain to everyone that my bird eating habit should show SOME LOSS!! I go back to the doctor on the 17 of April and I hope I can be able to see a loss by then. I don't have a calorie restriction. I have an amount restriction. I have to limit my meals to only 1/2 Cup per meal..I still eat quite a bit of food finely chopped or blended simply because I'm not very good at chewing for 20-30 times. Most of my meal amount is protein..chicken, fish, and just started finely ground beef that has been rinsed with hot Water to remove all the fats it can. I don't feel full very often, but I do try to limit myself from "cheating". So don't feel like you're alone.

:sad:I have a 10cc band and I had a 4cc fill last week i dont feel anything and I'm a bit upset. spring is almost here and the pounds are still here. Any advise?

How long has it been since you had your adjustment?? I don't even know my band size but I'm going to ask my doc on the next visit. I felt immediate change and unfortunately 2 days after I had my adjustment I didn't chew my food enough and what didn't get chewed up real good came back up~~NOT RECOMMENDED..it can cause the stoma to stretch and the band to slip..so I'm back to grinding my meats and veggies in my bullet so it is chewed enough without me actually having to do the chewing myself!! I would say that is my worse weakness..not chewing enough!! I think since Mar 5 when I was adjusted I've only lost 2 pounds. It's not much..but my hubby took a picture of me today and I looked at one I posted on the introduction thread of this site and I can now say..yes I see the changes in my face but the scale is still trying to lead me to believe I'm not getting anywhere..so don't give up. I keep hearing it's better to lose inches vs. weight..but it sure would be nice to see the scale go down with the amount of food I'm NOT eating! LOL!! You may call your doc and see if he can make another adjustment if after a couple of weeks you still don't feel anything..I felt my 5cc immediately..I even felt the saline blow it up!! Let me know how it goes!