Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded next Wed... Things I look forward to.

6 days and counting until I get banded on 3/19! I am just so excited, that I am not even scared about the surgery yet. I am so tired of being big, and looking forward to the future of a smaller me.

1. Being confortable in a plane seat.

2. Being able to fit on a rollar coaster w/o shoving the safety harness on top of me.

3. Walking up stairs w/o being out of breath

4. Being able to run, dance and play with my toddler

5. Longs walks w/o knee pain

6. Going to bed at night w/o pain from weight stress during the day

7. My husband being able to pick me up when he hugs me like he used to.

8. Going to the park with my toddler and being able to swing on the swings and go down the slide w/o fear of getting stuck.

9. Not having my mother in law make comments about my weight when I visit twice a year. (At least it is only twice a year, thank God!)

10. Not feeling like the fattest one in my family. (My sister has always been the skinny one and now is commenting that I better not get skinnier than her. Oh well sis, it is going to happen :))

11. Seeing old friends and not being embaressed of how much weight I gained since high school.

There is so much more, but this is good for right now.

I love some of those!

1. being able to shop in regular size clothing stores

2. being able to buy and wear the cute new fashions if I like them

3. not being pre-diabetic

4. being able to sit in my tub without touching both sides

5. my thighs not rubbing together

6. being able to wear non stretch jeans

7. living to 90!

8. not having arthritis like the rest of my family

9. not using food as a reward

10. not using food when I am angry

11. being able to look handsome men in the eyes

12. living my life to the fullest.....in stead of occasionaly living it from the sidelines

13. eating only half an appetizer and being full

14. not being the fat friend

15. not being the largest person in the room

There are probably more!

(Glad to see I'm not the only one with a MIL that makes snide comments)

I'm looking forward to:

1. Bending over to tie my shoes, comfortably!

2. Less (hopefully, NO) joint pain

3. A new set of leathers for riding that do not require the entire hide of a cow to produce!

4. NOT averting my eyes any time I walk past a mirror

5. Wearing the actual clothes that I sell at the Harley shop!

6. Less chins!

7. NOT spending $100 a month on medications

8. Going shopping with my daughter and not having to head straight for the "womens" section..

9. More energy

10. Eating to LIVE rather than living to EAT!

Those are great. Hey how about being at or even less than what your driver's license says. Wow I don't think that I ever have been.

Those are great. Hey how about being at or even less than what your driver's license says. Wow I don't think that I ever have been.

YES, YES, YES!!

I can't believe the DLD guy didn't burst out laughing when I told him my imaginery weight.......God forbid they ever put in scales at the DLD!

i have one...to be able to do my own pedicure without getting cramps. and to take a bath with my hubby (right now i dont even let him see me naked)

Things I look foward to in my new thin life...

1. Surverying the room and realizing I am not the largest person in the room.

2. Being able to comfortably adjust the volume/canget he channel using those armrest buttons on an airplane.

3. Being able to wear a seat-belt without removing my coat first.

4. Have an easier time wiping my ass!

5. Have more energetic sex and get into some new positions.

6. Excersize without worrying that my heart will explode.

7. Get off some of these medications.

8. be able to SINK into a bathtub and have more of me submerged than on top of the Water.

I'm going to be banded on Monday and I can't wait!

Christine

Edited by nycm00

i want my boobs to be bigger than my belly

and i want all the other things u all talked about too

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches