Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if my insurance doesnt cover it for me--- has anyone gotten it without insurance, know of the cost?? or payment options???

Lots of self pay people here on the forum, including me. Some people go to Mexico for surgery where it's cheaper and there are varying prices in the US depending on where you live. One US Dr. in Co charges around $9000.

Read through the Doctors and Hospital section on the forum or look under the support section for your state's group. Go to support, then US, then look for your state.

Sure, many of us don't have insurance that covers it.

Remember, you decide if you want the lapband...not your insurance.

Insurance is a form of payment. Got it, great! If not, pay another way.

You shouldn't really pay over $7k-$9k. Paying more is a waste of money.

Good luck.

im really willing to pay the money to get it done, however what i was wondering is do they work out a payment plan with you? ill take a look at that other section , sorry im new here i didnt see all the diff sections to post in

Usually your surgeon will advise you of financing options (loans) that are available to pay for the surgery. You pay the loan co. monthly NOT the surgeon.

I paid well over $15,000 and do not considered my "money wasted". I have a local Dr. available for after care and fills are included.

Not everyone can afford (or are willing) to pay as much as I did and I understand that, but I did not want to travel to Mexico or other places to have my surgery, aftercare and fills.

Everyone makes the choice that is right for them.

I am not sure where you live but there is a doctor in Coos Bay Oregon that charges around 10k for the band. I however am using a Bariatric center in Eugene, Oregon... Since its in my town and my insurance should pay for it I went with what was easiest. I wouldn't use him if I was self pay though I am sure since the lap band is 23,000 through him and 31, 000 for GB...

This is at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

No, in all my procedures and surgeries, only child birth...that's the only one they sent a bill.

Others must be paid for in advance.

I used my overdraft/line of credit from my credit union.

You want the surgery...but don't harm your credit doing it. Get a good interest rate w/ payment plan.

Start with your credit union.

Dr. Tersinini had to raise his price to 12,500.00 because the clinic where he is at is charging him more for the day surgery room.

Most doctors are able to give the name of finance companies that are for medical purposes.

I took a 2nd mortgage on my house to do it. Lower interest. I already have it paid off. Best money I have ever spent!

If you pick an american doctor, find one that has a price that includes all fills and appointments for at least the first year. That's what my doctor does. he charges 15,000 for everything and all fills and appointments for a year. I'm sure there are several other doctors out there that do that too. Also, I have a friend that got financing and she pays like 350 a month for 4 years for her band. It's like a car payment.

I am going to be paying 15,000 as well and I definately do not consider my money a waste. All of my money includes everything including a year of post op. I've found about the same prices here in texas, but without the full year.I am choosing to put it on Credit Card, i got for for Citi bank at 0% for a year that only goes up to 9.9 after that. That is the same interest rate it would have been through the Drs office. They didn't approve me for the full amount so I just called and within 30 mins, they raised my credit limit. The Doctors office has different plans too, they have several plans that depend on how long you want the loan for. Remember one thing though if you do go self pay, you can claim it on your tax return. Good Luck!

hi i'm Carol from se ohio. I am self pay, Dr. Trace Curry near Cincinnati. Price all inclusive is $12,500. plus 2 years fills. Surgery date is April 8. All other centers in Ohio priced from $14.5 to $18k. I don't think it will be a waste of $ altho i don't get insurance co rationale.:smile: My ins. co.:biggrin: will pay over $65K for 5 way coronary bypass but won't pay for something that probably would have prevented it:cursing:. I am excited and anxious. Good luck in your search.

I took a low interest loan out for mine. Well worth the $13,500. This includes a life time of fills and one year with a nutritionist.

my insurance doesn't cover the surgery so i started "shopping around". i contacted all the hospitals in my area but the cost was over $20,000 here in cleveland so i started branching out further. when i realized that i was worrying too much about the cost and not enough about the surgeon, i took a step back to re-evaluate my situation.

i choose an excellent surgeon 4 hours away instead of going to Mexico and will end up paying an extra $4,000 just for the convenience of fills. i couldn't find a doctor who would give me fills after having surgery in mexico.

yes, $12,500 is a lot of money BUT i think it will be worth it in the end!

Hi, this is Jenny from CO. I just found this forum. Our insurance didn't cover this surgery either. I used a local doctor here who charged me about $10K. He covered my fills for three months. I had surgery in July, I had my last adjustment in Nov. This was the only one I actually paid for and he charged $50.00. So worth it.