Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well just to let you all know its possible. I am 35 years old and never had a period on my own back then PCOS was not well know about. I wanted a chld since I was very young but it never worked since I wasn't having periods. I went on birth conteol to regulate and that worked some but it was not helping me get pregnant. My husband and I tried for seven years and although he had a low sperm count I knew I was the problem he had 3 girls already. We tried fertility drugs then lost insurance SO I had given up I would always be step mommy or god mommy or aunt never mom... I got banded in April of Last year and on March 7th after loosing 85 lbs I had a period on my own. But still not thinking I could get pregnant. On April 23rd I went in to have my annual exam. They asked if I could be pregnant and I said no way even though it hadbeen a moth since I had my period but i was irregular anyway. She said lets take a test just to make sure and wouldn't yo know it there was one real dark line then a very vey light line and sehe said you are pregnant...:unsure: of course I bursted out crying from being in shock. She said it was a very faint pregnancy and to act as though I was pregnant and take another test in a week well since then I have taken 2 test and both of them read pregnant. I go for my first ultrasound on Wed. I keep wanting to take test because I have dreamed about this for so long and never thought it could be... SO I WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW DONT EVER GIVE UP.. I will never be able to thank Dr Speigel in houston for the life and opportunities he has given me with this lap band surgery... ANd Good luck to everyone!!!!

Dreemer69,

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!!! What an exciting story!! Let us know how the U/S goes!!

I was banded on may 23rd...2 weeks before i had to do the all liquid diet. I haven't had a period since sept. 07....the week before surgery i got my period and this week i have definately ovulated! I can't believe it. I guess i better get on birth control for a while until im ready!

Hey everyone sorry it has been a minute computer crashed.. Went for ultrasound little one is doing great saw him doing the baby dance. Very active and good heartbeat. My heart jumped out of my chest whenI heard it. I just never imagined this was possible. I am 9 weeks now. Expecting on Jan 8th. Dont know sex of course but wanna find out. Everyone thinks its a little boy. I am so hungry all the time now so I think need to go get a little unfill because after I eat I have been throwing up. Not good. Well will keep in touch.. :thumbup:

I'm glad the US went well, how fun to see baby dancing!! Keep us posted.

Wow, your stories have been so inspirational. I have a 4 year old daughter, and my husband and I have been trying for another child for:wink2: almost a year now. I was diagnosed with PCOS many years ago, and got pregnant thanks to Nuva Ring. My doc's wife also had PCOS, so he knew the tricks. Anyway, my question is this...I am getting banded on the 19th, and really want to start trying again in Oct. I know they say to wait a year, but if I were to become pregnant, do they just take all saline out? Also, due to a prior abdominal surgery, I have to have a C-section (didn't with my daughter). What will happen with the band then? Has anyone had this? Thanks so much.

I TOO HAVE PCOS. I HOPE THAT BY HAVING THE LAP BAND I WILL BE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT WITHOUT THE USE OF FERTILTY DRUGS. THE WHOLE PROCRESS OF FERTILTY TREATMENTS IS EXTREMLY ROUGH. I WILL BE BANDED ON JUNE 24 BY DR KURESHI IN TEXAS.:thumbs_up:

im being banded next month because i want another child and if i dont lose weight it wont happen iv had one natural pregnancy in 20yrs, and miscarried one pregnancy that was clomid induced. i do believe i have other problems not just weight as i still have menstrual cycle and ovulation pain but they will not investigate or help me further till i have lost weight i wish you well i cnsider myself very lucky to have my girl and it is so worth doing:smile2:

Not to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone here know how to read the 'irregularities'??

Mine isn't quite like what I'm hearing here.. I was put on B/C from a young age to regulate my periods, and the few times I had gone off (like for surgery) it still happens (10 years later!).

I have a super heavy crazy period for 1-3 months straight, not a single break. Then I have no period for 1-3 months. Repeat. Knowing what menstruating is, I can't figure out what this would actually mean my body is doing?? I don't understand why/how I could be flushing lining for 3 months straight. When would I actually be ovulating?

Larinshine: those are questions your OB/GYN should be able to answer, but your band surgeon should have an idea of how pregnancies plus the Band work. You want to make sure the incisions from the Band surgery have healed before straining them with the increased pressure of an expanding uterus and growing baby. You said you'd have to have a C-section, but if you were to have a vaginal birth, that would also require a strongly healed set of incisions.

Fairy: I have no idea what's going on there. There isn't any way you would have enough endometrium to menstruate for 1 month...let alone 3. Ovulation, I would guess, would occur the standard ~2 weeks before your period started; it gives the rest of your girl-parts the signal to get ready for implantation. What you're describing sounds like a hormone problem--not necessarily PCOS, especially given your amazing weight loss. Ask your primary care doctor, or your OB/GYN, if you can get a hormone panel to figure that out. There's no good reason to have that type of cycle.

YES I'M OVULATING! OMG! UNBELIEVABLE! I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD NEVER OVULATE BUT AFTER 50 POUNDS I'M FINALLY OVULATING MY DOC CALLED ME 2DAY WITH MY BLOOD WORK RESULTS! Sorry 4 the caps I was just so excited! I just cant believe this I was shocked!! :cursing: But me and hubby R not TTC as of yet I am going to wait my reccommended yr and hopefully get to my goal weight so I can have an attractive baby bump. But my hubby leaves for Iraq in Jan for a yr ... so we will then have to wait until he gets back unless we get lucky on his 2 weeks of leave! But if not I will be wayyy over the reccommended wait time ... but oh just more time for me to 2 enjoy my new body! But I just wanted to share and we will all get to this point just be patient and keep working hard! Lots of LOVE AND BLESSING! Apples :biggrin:

By The Way The Docs Thought That I Had Pcos ... But The Said The Awful Symptoms Were Pre Pcos Because Of The Weight ... Doc Said Just Continue To Lose And All The Awful Nasty Symptoms Will Start To Vanish ... And He's Right The Dandruff Is Slowing And The Hair growth Is Thinning ... But I Will Get Laser hair Removal As A Gift For Myself By The Time I Reach Goal! Who Wouldve Thought That Just 50 Pounds Was Screwing Up My Whole Dang Body! Well Thank God The Weight Is Coming Off! Thanks For Reading Love And Blessings Apples!

Hey everyone sorry it has been a minute. Just wanted everyone to know preganacy is going well. Been going through alot of ultrasounds because of my age. Tested for downs syndrome normally 1 in 219 chance for my age but after all my testing chances are now 1 in 10,900 chance. So this is wonderful. :whatchutalkingabout He also decided to show his third leg on last Thursday yes its a boy, Terance Devon will b his name. I am due Jan 9th. He is growing wonderfully. Just wanted to update ya'll! Have a great week...