Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help :( overfill?

I went last Thursday for a fill. I was supposed to have 2.75 in my band...I didnt...so she ended up giving me .5cc. Im now at 2.6. Anyway...from the time I left till now Ive been worried that Im too tight. Ive only thrown up once...I can get Water down...but with a fight. It just sits there and gurggles. I also have been having a small amount of reflux the past 2 nights. I ate a fairly regular meal last night of a 1/2 enchilada. So if I can get some food and liquid down...am I ok??:thumbup:

Is this normal. I feel like I have constant pressure in my chest..and I feel like everything is just sitting there...

what should I do? I dont want an unfill because I dont want to gain weight back...but im afraid if i leave it the way it is..I might do more damage.

Im so confused.

Some people get some swelling around the band after a fill. Were you on liquids for a couple days after the fill? also you might be tighter in the a.m. and loosen up as the day progresses. This could explain why you can eat sometimes and not other times of the day.

Be sure to drink slowly, small sips at a time so they go down better. If it doesn't improve call the Dr.

hi, i got my first fill (1cc in a 4cc band) about 4 weeks ago. the first few weeks were fine but the third week I felt exactly like you were explaining. I could drink okay but it seemed like everything I ate was getting stuck. I actually vomitted yogurt. I was also worried that I was over-filled. I really didn't want to go to the doctor for an unfill if I didn't have to so I really started off slowly. I took tiny (baby bites) of food and chewed until I couldn't chew anymore. Each day I slowly improved. I'm feeling much better although I do get the occasional stuck feeling. I hope I was helpful!

Jenn

I am in the same boat. Got a fill almost 4 weeks ago and can hardly eat anything, unless it's after 11pm. My coffee takes me about 2 hours to drink in the morning, and the same for my Protein shake for lunch. Around 11pm I can have about 1/2 cup of soft foods. This is my 3rd fill and the first time I've felt "true" restriction. I thought I had restriction before but I could eat well over 1 cup of food at a time as long as it wasn't bread.

I was considering an unfill, but I know they say as you loose more weight your band will loosen up and I hate to get an unfill and then have to go get a fill again later. I keep hoping it will get better because I am uncomfortable most of the time-that lump in your chest feeling and instant headache. On a good note-lost 12 pounds in those few weeks.

I'm going to try and stick it out for a few more weeks and hopefully I will feel better!

If this continues for another week, I would call the doctor. This just happened to me. My band was tightened in mid-December. I was ok the 1st 2 weeks. Of course the 1st week is no solid food. The 2nd week I was ok when I began eating solids foods but then after that was a nightmare. food kept getting stuck, sometimes Water. There were days I went without eating at all. I also had pain on my right side. I would give it another week and nothing changes I would call. After over a month of suffering found out that my old doctor put too much saline in my band. It was actually cutting into my stomach. Most of the saline was taken out and I was told to give my stomach a rest. Don't be so overly concerned about weight gain. Avoiding complications is more important. Also you should avoid eating solid foods if you just had your band filled 2/28. If you need to eat something more filling, try Tomato Soup. bread definitely is too hard for your stomach to digest right after a band adjustment.

I went last Thursday for a fill. I was supposed to have 2.75 in my band...I didnt...so she ended up giving me .5cc. Im now at 2.6. Anyway...from the time I left till now Ive been worried that Im too tight. Ive only thrown up once...I can get Water down...but with a fight. It just sits there and gurggles. I also have been having a small amount of reflux the past 2 nights. I ate a fairly regular meal last night of a 1/2 enchilada. So if I can get some food and liquid down...am I ok??:angry:

Is this normal. I feel like I have constant pressure in my chest..and I feel like everything is just sitting there...

what should I do? I dont want an unfill because I dont want to gain weight back...but im afraid if i leave it the way it is..I might do more damage.

Im so confused.

I am in the same boat. I'm overfilled and was wondering how much weight it takes so that the band feels looser. I'm also a self pay and don't want to pay for an unfill and then in 2 weeks need another fill?

I thought all the same things when I was too tight...it will go down as soon as I lose some weight...I don't feel like driving back to my doc (5 hours away) to get .1 cc out, it will loosen up, etc. I ended up ignoring the reflux, the not eating, the throwing up and I irritated my stomach so badly that after SEVEN MONTHS of this (yeah, that's how goofy I was) I went back and had to get a complete UNFILL! Talk about terrifying! Had to let my stomach rest and take prevacid for 30 days. After 6 weeks of healing, I was fine and started back up on fills. I'm not at my optimum level yet, but am close now. DON'T be miserable and wait. Learn from my stupidity! If you are that restricted, it is miserable! I didn't even realize how bad I felt until I was unfilled and it was an instant cure! Call your doc!

Gualm,

Every doc is different. Most doc's say after a period of 24hrs go bac to solids.

GreatDame,

You don't want to have a constant feeling of pressure in your chest, it sounds like you may need a slight unfill. The band shouldn't make us live in discomfort or pain. Also, my band gets tighter after a week or two after a fill, but everyone is different.

Good Luck!

Hello, I think I was overfiled also got my last fill on March 20 at first I felt fine but a couple of hours later I began to have some tightness in my chest and pain in my left arm and everything I ate hurted my chest so I went on Clear Liquids but not before going to the ER trying to see what was going on with me but after making the ER doctor aware of my band he order me all kinds of test to see what was the problem EKG, Cat Scan and blood work of course everything came back good. But I have contact my Doctor to make appt to see him this week but I must add the pain has gotten better but it only hurts when I eat or drink something. Thanks for this Forum it has been so wonderful and helpful.:angry:

I just left my doctor's office. I have been experiencing all of the same symptons. He said that based on my weight loss (8 lbs. in three weeks),and the discomfort I have been experiencing, I was too tight. However, he said that I should just wait and as I lose weight it should loosen and then be just right. This was only my third fill, my first where I felt restriction, and I just didn't know if this was what I was supposed to live with...some type of food aversion therapy (Ha!). I was glad to hear that I shouldn't have pain in my chest for twenty minutes after I try to eat anyhitng but liquids, that everything shouldn't be getting stuck, and I should just be feeling full easier and longer. I can't wait for that!

Ok...So...I gave in and had an unfill. .3 cc

The pressure and pain was just too much..and reflux SUCKS!

I feel instantly better.

She told me it does more harm than good to go overfilled.

I did ..however...lose 8 pounds in 5 days.:rolleyes2: