Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Thanks, Fenton.. Kayaking is a blast! It is def a great workout! My arms are still killing me, but it was so worth it.

Here is an old "before" and a "current" of my tatt.. It is a cover up of my old prison-ish looking tattoos that I got years ago. It is a work in progress. It is only black ink for now, but I get colors in 3 weeks, or once it's totally healed:)

Before:

2aku1c.jpg

Currents:

2yk1ixy.jpg

2njm34z.jpg

Edited by k_podski

Haha! "Prisonish-looking tattoos"! It looks great - I think it'll be really stunning once it's inked in.

And gosh, those photos really show how much you've lost!

I LOVE Kayaking!!! It really is fun, although it usually involves more beer and sandbars than actual kayaking for me. congrats on going with a shirt and shorts! That is a major NSV. I shed the shirt this weekend but kept the shorts!

It's definitely one of the things I'd like to try when I get to a more reasonable weight - although NYC may not be the best place in the world to do it. I've actually thought about doing one of those *gentler* Outward Bound trips when I reach goal.

But who am I kidding? sleeping on dirt and crapping in the woods? I'm a luxury hotel kinda guy, all the way.

I think I may have mentioned one of my other goals: I want to learn to snowboard. That is an absolute for me. I think I mentioned it on another forum some months back, but I actually have a vaguely exciting plan, and this week it got a bit closer.

A friend of mine is a fairly established "Outsider Artist", who enjoys an increasingly large cult following with his horrific paintings of, well, the horrors of contemporary American life as he sees it. He was approached by a snowboard company who wanted to license one of his images to use as a snowboard; his manager, a close friend, stipulated that she'd like to get several of the snowboards, and asked if they could make one for me. She explained my situation, and they're going to build a custom snowboard for me, something that will accommodate by impressive height and width. I'm SO excited!

We're making plans to go boarding in Colorado next February, when, G_d willing, I shall have cracked the 300 lb level, and entered the woonder that is Twonderland...

sounds like a great plan Fenton

To have oyur own custom made board and the opportunity to use it... Another goal to break the 300 mark, and I know you will succeed.

I have been river rafting before in the Lehigh Valey, PA. It was great. even falling out of the raft was hysterical and me trying to get back in while it was still moving......another comical moment.. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get myself back up and in... then 3 people had to pull me in

Wow Kerri, you look great! I love the bathing suit! What a great NSV.

You actually reminded me that I did wear a bathing suit on my vacation a week ago. It is funny, but I don't think I have even worn a bathing suit for a few years!

Fenton, I just love your posts, you crack me up! You did mention the snow board thing before. It was obvious that you were passionate about it. How absolutely wonderful to get a custom board. I know you will be in twounderland by the time you can use it!

Well, I am drinking crystal light, waiting for the storm. I absolutely love storms. All that power and the light show......wonderful!

I had sort of an NSV this weekend... I WAS out getting active, and kayaked 7.5 miles of beautiful river near my house.. But that's not the NSV..

For my birthday my Mom bought me a new bathing suit that I had fallen in love with. I haven't been comfortable in a bathing suit in years, but once I tried this particular suit on, I knew it was "the one". I have always worn a t-shirt and shorts over my bathing suit, but still felt like crawling under a rock in public.. I decided it was time to change that. Since this time last year, I am down 51lbs, and I am determined to change my ways.

So- This weekend while out with my peeps kayaking, I decided to leave the t-shirt and shorts behind. And I wore JUST my new suit... confidently! I felt totally empowered by this! I also wanted to share a couple of pics.. Hope you enjoy!

~Kerri

Yeehah Kerri! Looking good! :sad:

She explained my situation, and they're going to build a custom snowboard for me, something that will accommodate by impressive height and width. I'm SO excited!

We're making plans to go boarding in Colorado next February, when, G_d willing, I shall have cracked the 300 lb level, and entered the woonder that is Twonderland...

Sounds fantastic! Snowboarding is definitely one of those things I've always wanted to do. So far, my severe lack of coordination combined with a distinct absence of snow in Australia have prevented it.... BUT you never know what will happen down the track!

Fenton you'll definitely be in twonderland by next feb! Keep your eyes on the prize! :sad:

I LOVE Kayaking!!! It really is fun, although it usually involves more beer and sandbars than actual kayaking for me. congrats on going with a shirt and shorts! That is a major NSV. I shed the shirt this weekend but kept the shorts!

Haha.. That's usually the case here as well. I guess everyone else was enjoying the beer for me.. I was the only one at the end of the trip able to drive:lol: I made 3 trips back to the ending spot to pick up the peeps and their kayaks, and drop them off at home. I felt a little left out, but didn't want to indulge on the empty calories. Maybe next time:)

I think I may have mentioned one of my other goals: I want to learn to snowboard. That is an absolute for me. I think I mentioned it on another forum some months back, but I actually have a vaguely exciting plan, and this week it got a bit closer.

A friend of mine is a fairly established "Outsider Artist", who enjoys an increasingly large cult following with his horrific paintings of, well, the horrors of contemporary American life as he sees it. He was approached by a snowboard company who wanted to license one of his images to use as a snowboard; his manager, a close friend, stipulated that she'd like to get several of the snowboards, and asked if they could make one for me. She explained my situation, and they're going to build a custom snowboard for me, something that will accommodate by impressive height and width. I'm SO excited!

What an awesome goal! And a snowboard that's made specifically for your stats, with a friends art work on it t is even better!

I've never tried boarding, but maybe it's something to think about.. It's a big deal around here.

PS-Thanks for the compliments anniedub and hopeinapril:)

Edited by k_podski

Gosh, what a bore I am, recycling my same old stories! Um, if it helps, I learned last week that the custom snowboard is more likely to happen now, and that they're discussing appropriate bindings for me!

(That's snowboard bindings, not, like, tied-up lawyer bindings...)

Come to think of it, I think I mentioned it when I was talking about wanting to get a Wii to get in shape for the snowboard thing. Gah!

So I went to the local support group tonight.. It was about body image, not feeling good about who you are, and how hard it is for our minds to catch up with the weight loss.

I have such a hard time going to the gym because I think everyone is staring at the "fat girl" working up a sweat. Someone brought up the fact that maybe they aren't thinking that at all (or even looking at me for that matter), and it's just me sabotaging myself.

So- tomorrow I am going to the gym with an open mind. Instead of seeing that super-skinny blond looking at me, and thinking to myself "b*tch, eat a twinkie", I'm going to let my own insecurities go... Heck, maybe she's thinking "wow, look at that chick working her ass off."

Gee. I hope this works.. I need to get my butt in gear.

Kerri

the skinny B is probably thinking you're staring at her and thinking she is fat.

Cut yourself some slack. You have just as much a right to be there as anyone else.

I was placed on a jury today. It is supposed to run at least until the second week of July. I was just getting into my routine with my trainer. I don't want to miss 4 weeks. I will have to call and see if I can get times in the evening and/or on the weekend.

I am not looking forward to jury duty either. Its a big, ugly case. :sad:

Can anyone say stress eating?:frown: