Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Desdemona--No more sleep lost . I feel alot better now . My BIL has C.DIFFICILE . Which is an infecton in the intestine . His has a severe case of it that caused inflammation of the colon and dehydration and caused his kinneys to fail . It's a common infection in health care facilities .

Penny,

I had my last fill June 12, when I first got it I was only eating about 3/4 cup of food at a time, now I'm at a cup or more for some meals.

I was down one more pound this morning so that makes me at a 110 pound loss. I did lose 55 pounds before I even had surgery so the whole 110 pounds didn't happen since surgery.

One week I lost 5 pounds and I loved that, then I went 3 weeks and only lost 1 pound and then I get frustrated and start to worry I won't lose any more.

MsCathyl, prayers for your BIL, I hope he gets better soon. Don't sweat the friend, she sounds jealous and is looking for a reason to seperate the bond you two have. The only ones that can do that is you and you BIL.

As for everyone else, great weight loss! I have been slacking and need to step it back up.

Where is Fenton?? Don't tell me he got skinny and kicked us to the curb!! Is he out doing research?? Hope so, I am waiting for the next book!

Keep up the good work and I will try to get back on track!

Desdemona - I have the AP-Large or 14 cc band. Here is my fill record. I'd have to go back and look at a weight chart to tell you how each fill helped me on weight loss but this last fill really didn't last me as long as I thought it would for being 2.5cc's. I'll chime in Monday after I have my appt and see if he gives me a 4th fill and what level that takes me to. My personal goal is to get to 60 lbs lost at my 6 month bandiversary which is Sept 17 so at 55 lbs now, I'm close to that. With so much to lose still, I thought I'd lose faster but I'm still pleased and feel great.

Banded 3/17/08

1st Fill April 29, 2008 4.5 cc's in AP-L band

2nd Fill June 10, 2008 1.5 cc's

3rd Fill July 22, 2008 2.5cc's = Total 8.5 cc's

Okay Shamrocks... let's send some positive encouragement out to our bandster brother Fenton and add to this list by copying it and adding your wishes and hopefully when he gets online, he'll see he is missed and we're all hoping he is doing well in Paris or wherever he is.

Why we want Fenton back:

1. We need some testosterone to help offset all the estrogen from us lady bandsters!

2. We want to hear about life in the big city --NYC!

3. We want to be able to Celebrate with him when he changes his ticker to say -100 lbs lost!

4. We want to know how his new book writing is coming along.

5. We want to hear about Paris so we can live vicariously through his adventures and gourmet meals.

Okay Shamrocks... let's send some positive encouragement out to our bandster brother Fenton and add to this list by copying it and adding your wishes and hopefully when he gets online, he'll see he is missed and we're all hoping he is doing well in Paris or wherever he is.

Why we want Fenton back:

1. We need some testosterone to help offset all the estrogen from us lady bandsters!

3. We want to be able to Celebrate with him when he changes his ticker to say -100 lbs lost!

5. We want to hear about Paris so we can live vicariously through his adventures and gourmet meals.

I want to tell Fenton how much I enjoyed his book. I read it while on vacation. Now I can't wait for the 2nd book

As for filles everyone. I think just having 5.5 cc in my 14 cc band just can't be enough to give me the right amount of restriction. As I have said my band has been very fickle. today everything i tried to eat seemed be too much. one piece of sushi and that was all, usually i can get in 4 pieces, even drinking Water bothered me today. ??Does the weather have anything to do with how much restriction our band gives us??? I know that is an odd question, but just wanted to ask

I was walking most of the day with a friend through an extremely large flea market and I was struck with how unhungry I was. I had a small omlette for Breakfast. All I had in the afternoon was Water and an iced-coffee. I could have had some lunch but it just seemed like too much so I waited for dinner. I didn't have that much for dinner either. It didn't take much to fill me up. It is raining quite hard here and I'm wondering the same thing as Lynn. It was humid all day and then the pouring raining tonight.

I was thinking about all our statements about how we all want to lose faster or that many of us thought we'd lose more by now. But I have to say that I felt very good about the way I walked around so much all day. I really was not that tired. This particular flea market is held 3 times a year and is the largest 1 in the country. It goes on for miles. I have avoided it for years because it was just too much to park in a field and do all that walking. I never lasted for very long and would have to walk all the way back to the car after only seeing a little bit. Today I went all day and I enjoyed it on only Water and coffee!! Now THAT is weight loss! It's days like today that really show me how different my life is today than it was only 8 mos ago when I was at my highest weight. Funny ---but before I lost this weight--the idea of losing 55 lbs seemed incredible to me. Now I look at losing 55lbs like it's not a very big deal and I can only focus on what I still need to lose. Well -- today I have decided to really enjoy what I have done and appreciate how we'll I'm doing. I figure if I can lose 55lbs--I can lose 47 more. And I think you are all doing great too!!!

Desdemona

It's funny how seemingly little things to others are so important to us. Most people would not think alot about walking around all day at the flea market. I would have been back at the car after 1 hour a few months ago. A few months ago I would go to work and take the elevator to my floor. Now I run up the stairs (still arrive out of breath) and beat the elevator. I think these are called NSV's and I love it.

Labor day weekend we went to a family reunion and 1 of my SIL's asked me why I did not eat any homemade ice cream. I told her I was watching it and she said, Why, your not fat! My husband reached over and squeezed my shoulders because he knew I was getting ready to tear up....someone sees me as not fat. Of course later that evening my 4 yr old grandson poked his finger in my tummy and said Grandma, your tummy is big.....that was OK:laugh:

I commend you for passing on the homemade ice cream... that is excellent. I had 1 small bowl on Labor Day after having 2 large bowls on 4th of July when we had family gatherings so now its time to go to Zero bowls! Congrats and thanks for setting a good example.

On losing 55 lbs and still seeming like its not enough, how much I can relate. I've been stuck at this number for a few weeks now and I have my next surgeon appt on Monday at 8:45 am and I was worried he will think I am not trying enough but I really am. I feel like I made it through a really emotional month where I lost track of writing down what I ate those two weeks around the funeral and just maintaining was a victory. So yes, I know I have lost 55 lbs, and feel confident I can lose another 55 lbs and then another until I get there but I'm going to have to hang in for the long haul.

Busy---I agree with Special K---Congrats on that Ice Cream! I think I have been darn good (great) on food choices since I began Dec 29 to diet -- but I don't know if I could have passed up homemade ice-cream. You are doing great!

Special K -- I have actually done tons and tons of reading in medical journals about things related to our weight loss (i.e. effects of different types of foods, types of exercises, types of bariatric surgeries, hormone effect, factors in weight loss etc. etc). One thing I can say is there is a lot more that they do NOT know or understand about it than what they DO know. One of the realities that I have come to accept is that we have plateaus or slow downs even when we are doing everything right. They don't really understand a lot about it but it happens to most (not all people) especially women (we have 1 more layer of fat than men do). My plateaus have lasted for a few months and it does upset me -- but at least I can also see that I do finally start losing again if I just stick with my program. I have also found that getting a fill sees to get things going again. You have been through a stressful time and stress is 1 of the factors that can actually cause a plateau. You are doing everything right and in another 6 mos we'll be even happier than we are now.

Hey Shamrocks!

I hope everyone is doing great! I had a seminar this weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Long, but exciting.

Funny thing about the sweet spot. When I started this journey, I thought once you got to the sweet spot, life woul be good. I sort of think that I am there. The scale has started moving again. I am like many of you. Sometimes, I can't eat solid food. I can eat pureed type foods like cream of wheat or oatmeal, but not an egg. Other times (like last night) I can eat a piece of pizza. I think some of it has to do with taking my time and eating small bites.

It is quite possible that the weather affects us. If you think about storms, the barometric pressure changes. I would imagine it also affects our bodies. The band, being a foreign object, could be influenced by this. It makes sense.

I am excited.....I am currently about 4 pounds from having less than 100 pounds to loose. That is a milestone for me!

Today I had a NSV. Someone I had not seen in a few weeks told me to get some new jeans, mine were too loose and ready to fall down. Now, she was exaggerating a bit. (no way were they actually going to fall down) It sure was nice to hear that.

Well, have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Home made ice cream...Yummm! Glad I haven't had to face that, I have a hard enough time with regular ice cream calling for me!!!! I have been doing the skinny cow things and they are good, but sometimes I just get that calling for a real big sundae or cone!!!!

I am reading lots of NSV by everyone, I am so happy for all of you! It feels so good to be able to share these things with each other, I don't think our normal sized friends and family members could understand what huge steps these are in our journey to "One-derland"!

This morning I wore a shirt to church that has been hanging in my closet for the past 3 years because I couldn't fit it on my body, well today I put that sucker on and its loose!!!!! I wore that proudly, my DH even noticed it and said that I looked really nice. I said "You could tell me I look skinny" LOL! He then said "You do look thinner again this morning, and yes, you look skinny"LOL!:):lol::biggrin::lol::scared2::lol::w00t::lol::tt2::lol::D

Great NSV..... tried on size 1 pants, and they fit!!!!! I even went out an bought some new cool weather shirts. everything I had from last year is way too big.

My budget is taking a hit with getting new clothes, but I do enjoy being able to try new styles on and have them fit..

Why we want Fenton back:

6. We want to hear all about your first fill!!

Why we want Fenton back:

6. We want to hear about your first fill