Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

Gotta add one more. When I started this journey, my husband was convinced I would spend a lot of time crying happy tears (AKA HT) over my success. I am a crier .. it is what I do! Up until this week, I had not had that moment.

On Thursday, I went shopping at lunch because all of my tops were too big. Not only was I able to buy size M tops, but I also bought a pair of SIZE 14 PANTS!! I stared in the mirror, checked the tag about a hundred times, then had that familiar HT feeling well up. I am in a size 14...me...Karen! My booty and thighs are in a size I can buy in ANY store!! I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14. Uh oh ... there come those HT again!

Amazing. I DO have the power to amaze myself!!

Oh yeah .. and I had to travel for work on a completely full flight. I had the center seat and ALL of me fit without bleeding over to my seat mate's space! Life gets better and better every day. This was the perfect choice for me!

Haven't had amazing weighloss yet, but i'm wearing a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years. I've noticed that my body is turning fat into muscle. I can use the regular BP cup in the doctors office!

Awesome news, I also think I am making muscle out of fat, and slowly loosing weight,mucscle does weigh more then fat. Clothes are fitting now instead of stretching to fit.

Keepup the good work!

Love those NSV

My parents came to town for my graduation from Graduate School. Since a kid, my dad has ALWAYS wanted to visit Coney Island and ride the Cyclone Rollercoaster. I took him out there and of course, he was raring to go. I kept hinting that I wasn't going to ride (scared, ass too large, etc). Finally, I just bit the bullet and hopped in line and figured no harm in trying. By the way, the last time I rode a coaster was probably 5 years ago at Six Flags, I didn't have any trouble on the first few then we went to The Batman. The harness wouldn't buckle! I was more terrified the ride was going to take off without me strapped in than I was worried about being mortified. Luckily they put me in the "fat" seat and I was able to ride. But ever since then, I've not tried to get on ANY rides. So here I was with my dad at the Cyclone...an OLD wooden coaster with TINY seats. lol. I hopped in. Then the guy said...oh, she'll have to ride by herself in the car because there wasn't room for both of us (my dad isn't tiny, ha!). But the good news is that I fit! It was snug and they had push hard to make sure the bar was secure. BUT I FIT!!!!! I absolutely would not have been able to fit this time last year. I was proud of myself for giving it a try and even happier that I got to share the experience with my dad (cause he wasn't really taken with NYC...and he'd rather fly me home than deal with visiting again. lol)!

Even though I was only banded 8 days ago, I have had a few NSV's.

1. All the swelling in my legs & feet is GONE! All my sandals are loose now.

2. Most of my clothes are already feeling looser and/or fitting better.

3. My wedding rings are getting loose as well!

New NSV today, was talking to my boss and he said, wow you lost a lot of weight and that my complexion was clear. What a great compliment.

I have a size large shirt on today! Now, its not a consistent large, yet. It still really depends on the cut! I started out in a 1X shirt.

I have size 14 jeans on. They are stretch jeans, but they are baggy! I started out in a size 20 pant.

I no longer hurry up and dry off and put my robe on before I look in the mirror. Before I had surgery I just totally refused to look in the mirror while I was naked, it was just too horrifying for me. Now not only do I not mind, but I evaluate and compliment myself. Really trying to work on my self esteem! Don't get me wrong, I've got a LONG way to still go, but I'm really excited by the way everything is going!

You guys are doing so well! I've shrunk completely out of most of my bottoms (underwear even fell down once--fortunately I was wearing pants!), so I went shopping last week. I bought all 16Ws! Along with 2 14/16 shirts from LB! I'm not a 16W in everything, and I'm definitely still an 18/20 in most tops, but it's so awesome to be getting into smaller sizes again.

Other NSVs:

--I took 4 flights last week and had room to spare on the seatbelt on every flight!

--I can cross my legs again!!

--Everyone keeps asking me if I've changed my hair and telling me it looks great. Thing is, I *have* changed it recently, but I don't think that's the only reason I'm getting compliments.

Keep it up, everyone! It's not easy, but it's soooo worth it!

I found a big box of clothes yesterday that I haven't fit into in about 3 years. I tried them all on and Guess what....they FIT! Yay! That is one of the best NSVs I have had so far. :biggrin:

~Amy

Way to go everyone on your NSVs! I just came back from a vacation and I had so many.

To start, I was comfortable (as much as one could be) in the airplane seat. I had room to spare in the seat, the seat belt fit without a question, the tray table was no where near my stomach and I could actually cross my legs while sitting too!

I got so many complements from people who I haven't seen in a year and a half and 115lbs ago!

I went hiking with my friends and I had the most energy out of all of them. Everyone used to have to wait for me to catch my breath going up the hill, but this time it was me who was waiting for my friends to catch their breaths!

I did so much walking on my trip and I wouldn't have been willing to do all that walking when I weighed a lot more.

I just wanted to say that I had a picture done with a friend of mine (for her phone caller id) and it was done at Christmas time. Then she did one of me on Saturday. Said she needed an updated one. When she showed them to me I almost cried! The difference in my face was almost unbelievable to me! Amazing. I LOVE this!!!!

Congrats everyone. Everyday is a better day!

You guys are doing so well! I've shrunk completely out of most of my bottoms (underwear even fell down once--fortunately I was wearing pants!), so I went shopping last week. I bought all 16Ws! Along with 2 14/16 shirts from LB! I'm not a 16W in everything, and I'm definitely still an 18/20 in most tops, but it's so awesome to be getting into smaller sizes again.

Other NSVs:

--I took 4 flights last week and had room to spare on the seatbelt on every flight!

--I can cross my legs again!!

--Everyone keeps asking me if I've changed my hair and telling me it looks great. Thing is, I *have* changed it recently, but I don't think that's the only reason I'm getting compliments.

Keep it up, everyone! It's not easy, but it's soooo worth it!

What are NSVs? I'm having my surgery next week and I'm studying all that people are writing in here and wonder what that stands for?

What are NSVs? I'm having my surgery next week and I'm studying all that people are writing in here and wonder what that stands for?

NSV= non scale victories

Best wishes for your surgery!! You will LOVE the results you will have with your new band way of life:)