Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jared - the Subway guy

Whoelse thinks this guy had help?

(I mean BESIDES Subway)---I'm tired of seeing his comercials cuz I don't think they are telling the whole truth.

i think he MAY HAVE had help. if he didn't then good for him. i might be able to spend 8 hours a day in the gym, and have someone prepare my meals for me too if I had a bazillion dollar contract. yah then it would be easy to keep it off but that aint reality for me. still all that money could take you to some pretty good restaurants, tee hee. who really knows but that is a good question that i have thought about as well. It is all about the band helping me succeed and I am glad for that! Woo Hoo g2s

i think a lot of celebrities have the lap band and dont say anything.

For instance I think Janet Jackson got it, and a few others who dropped a significant amount of weight very quick.

Too funny! He might have had help, but how the hell did he eat all that bread? I'd still be standing over the toilet puking. Ok..bad image, sorry. I actually saw or read his story a few years ago when he was not at his goal weight yet. He actually had lost like 150 lbs or something and then wrote to Subway and told them his story...THEN came the big contracts and commercials. He lived like 8 blocks from a Subway and walked down and back twice a day and got a 12" sandwich for each meal. No chips and a Water or diet coke. I think that's what he said. Oh, no cheese or mayo...and he started losing because he didn't eat anything else but the sandwich and remember he weighed like almost 400 lbs, right? So, I think he lost and then got to be a rich, fat-cat! HAHA.

I don't believe he had surgical help. What I DO believe is that his role as spokesman provides a lot of incentive that most people do not have. We've all lost a lot of weight on diets and had it come back when the internal motivation fails. He's got too much of a spotlight on him for that to happen.

AND although he lost all that weight, he still isn't a totally personable guy, you know what I mean? He's come out of his shell more but when he's on with celebrities, the celebrity's personality definitely outshines his!

I DO believe he lost the weight eating Subway, but wasn't that a great marketing tool for them (regardless of his personality)!! They come out with some low fat subs and this commercial, and BA da bing--at the time, even I'M thinking about starting a Subway diet! :)

Janet Jackson goes from size 24 to a size 8 overnight. She's gone up and down twice now that I remember in a small period of time. That's not very consistent with a surgery..

I think it has to do with being able to afford a trainer & a chef.

As for Jared, those things are so easy to manipulate. Say he went to the gym and started eating nothing but subs.. instead of gorging on everything else. Sure, he lost the weight. He could probably go to the gym all day and eat 1x McDonald's cheeseburger for each meal (and nothing else) and lose the weight.. then claim McDonald's helped him lose weight. It's all a spin on perspective.

There's a HILARIOUS South Park episode on this very subject. Jared comes to town, I think to do a motivational speech or whatever, and it's found out that his has aids that help him stay on track. The jist of the episode is that he starts and Aids for Everyone campaign, and all the adults think he means AIDS not aids... Either way, I imagine he lost the weight by himself, and gave them his story, but he's probably got free subs for life now, and I imagine that being in their commercials is a good motivator. I was pretty happy for him when I recently saw the commercial that said he'd kept the weight off for 10 years. Subway diet or no, I hope I can say that 10 years from now.

I agree that Jared probly didn't have the band unless they are lying entirely about him eating Subway. There is NO freaking way he could eat all that bread!

BUT have you seen him lately? To me he looks more than pudgy...they are running OLD commercials as well. Anyone see him at the Superbowl? He has gained alot back!

I live a few blocks from the subway where jared lost the weight in bloomington indiana. he lived in the building above the subway and walked to class like a normal student. a former roomate was family friends with him and attended his wedding and such. but that was 5 years ago- and I havent heard anything about him since.

he made his money, lost a great deal of weight- but he sold his soul to subway.

Well I am going to tell McDonalds I ate nothing but their cheeseburgers for the past year (when I get to goal) and get me a weight-loss at McDonald's contract! :biggrin:

Whoelse thinks this guy had help?

(I mean BESIDES Subway)---I'm tired of seeing his comercials cuz I don't think they are telling the whole truth.

Nope. I don't think he had help with surgery at all. Jared was a real dude who had a goal and he reached it. THEN he contacted Subway and told them what he had done. I think it's a pretty great story. Some people can actually lose weight without needing this contraption that we've received. I wish I was one of them, but I'm not. I needed the little extra tool...but that's okay, too. I applaud Jared for what he did, and for keeping the weight off. Sometimes, even the rich & famous can't keep the weight off no matter how many trainers, cooks, nutritionists and diet plans they pay for. Look at Oprah, for example.

Even better...look at Carnie Wilson, who is now back up to over 200 pounds. She had gastric bypass and still gained the weight back. She has a trainer and still gained the weight back. She's not as big as she was pre-surgery, but she's slowly getting up there again.