Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gratitude

I’m coming up on my one year anniversary and I have to say I’ve been thinking a lot about the difference a year has made in how I feel about my life.

It hasn’t all been up, up and more up. I’m mostly proud and happy. I’m healthier and able to run up stairs with baskets of laundry. I ride my bike and run after my kid. I’ve felt sexy, I’ve strutted, oh it’s true. But I’ve also thought about the years I’ve lost, the damage I’ve done to my skin and how some of my most precious relationships have taken a hit because I won’t go to the buffet and eat gobs of food with old friends.

But most recently I feel very grateful. I feel so overjoyed with the fact that I’ve been given my life back. And weight loss is only a third of the changes I’ve been going through; I’ve returned to school; I’ve gotten divorced...in opposite order. I don’t know who to thank: my therapist, my doctors, myself or God? I’m not that spiritual so the last one is interesting. But gratitude is an amazing thing. I’ve cried and I’ll cry again just to be able to do things I’ve always dreamed of doing, but thought that the ability was beyond me, that my time had passed.

This was pretty poignant this past Sunday when I ran my first 5K which I had wanted to do for as long as I remember. I feel like I’m setting up pins, goals, just to see if I’ve got what it takes to knock ‘em down. That’s such an amazing feeling. I’m so thankful. :biggrin2:

I thought I’d share.

Congrats on the one year anniversary and for being able to complete a 5K. That's awesome. I share the sentiment of feeling grateful for having another chance with my life and health. But you also need to take some pride in the fact that you did this. This is a great accomplishment for you and you should feel very proud of that.

Congrats on your upcoming bandiversary, you have done fantastic. Sounds like this past year has provided quite a number of changes for you. They say to love the skin you're in... well when I'm down at my goal and surrounded by it I'm gonna give myself a big old hug and love it.

And big hugs to you, keep up the awesome work - you're an inspiration.

It's always nice to write out when you feel happy about things, so you will remember it.

It's also nice for others who may not be having a good day to see it and remember.

GOOD FOR YOU! :thumbup::tt2::smile::ohmy:

Congrats Juli! You have done an awesome job. We have about the same amount of weight to lose, so you are an inspiration to me. I hope at my 1 year bandiversary I have done as good as you and I hope I am as grateful as you. You are really doing a great job..........congratulations!

Congrats Juli! You have done an awesome job. We have about the same amount of weight to lose, so you are an inspiration to me. I hope at my 1 year bandiversary I have done as good as you and I hope I am as grateful as you. You are really doing a great job..........congratulations!

Funny! Our tickers are opposites, exactly! We have the same amount to lose and you are doing fantastically well!

Thanks, and I'm sure you'll do every bit as well as I have, if not better. You're rocking!

Wow keep up the good work...My name on the forum is LadyJewels...

Unless something changes I am looking at March 21st to be banded.

I live in Ohio also...

Take care ~ Jewels

Wow keep up the good work...My name on the forum is LadyJewels...

Unless something changes I am looking at March 21st to be banded.

I live in Ohio also...

Take care ~ Jewels

Jewels,

I don't know how far Columbus is to where you live, but check us out. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f56/central-ohio-get-together-march-8-2008-a-51861/index3.html

We are meeting monthly at Polaris Shopping Place. January there were 3, February there were 14-ish people. I didn't actually count but there were so many of us I didn't have a chance to chat with all the people.

If you can make it March 8th, you'll find lots of support and like minded people. Three of the gals have March surgery dates, and one is scheduled for April. We all met here on LBT!

Julie:

You should be very proud of your accomplishments. You've come a long way. It sounds like you've made many improvements in your life, not just on your weight.

I hope you continue with your success. In addition, thanks for sharing because your postings are inspirational.

Thanks again and congratulations. You're so close to onederland!

Sue

Julie:

You have been one of my mentors that I look up to on this site. Your positive reinforcement that I would read while waiting to be banded really helped me in my mindset going into my surgery.

I feel it is so very important to have the goal oriented and go get em mindset with this, I also believe that the more you put into your bands success the more successful you will be.

Lady you have done a fantastic job in one year. You have made some of the hardest decisions and choices anyone should ever have to make. You are healthier both mentally and physically which helps us to deal with daily ups and downs in our lives much more headon.

Congratulations for being a MOTIVATOR for myself and others here at LBT. I am truly grateful to have people like you here.

I am certain your goal will be met sooner than later.

Hugz,

the secret to life is gratitude....the more you are grateful for, and the happiness you feel from it, the more you will have to BE grateful for :)

Congrats on your one year! It sounds like you've had an amazing year with more ups than downs....nice job on the 5k! I've always said that i'm not a runner...but the more I think about it, the more i'd just love to throw on some shoes and do it....i'm excited to see just how far i'll be on my one year :) Again, CONGRATS!!!: )

Juli,

Had you never gone through this journey, you may not have seen and felt the beauty of living life to it's fullest. Sometimes we cannot appreciate the gift we've been given until something prevents us from receiving it.

I am so happy for you. You've worked hard for all that you've accomplished. You've are truely an inspiration to so many of us and I am grateful for you and your words of wisdom.

Thank you!

~Carol