Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I had a NSV

I think I had my first NSV today, but I'm not sure to be honest. After work today I stopped by our local "plus size" store here in Canada, Penningtons, and thought I'd try on a pair of pants - I wasn't intending to buy just more curious than anything. So I was wearing a size 26 jeans at the time of my surgery but they were snug. I found a couple pairs of pants I liked and grabbed two sizes of each... 24s and 26s. I tried the 24's on first and they fit, and they fit comfortably!! So that seems like a NSV right? But the part that throws me off is - the weight I am right now, I was last spring/summer'ish and at that weight then a 24 wouldn't have fit me. So did I have a NSV and now the pants fit or ... since I haven't boughten jeans made by MxM (brand carried by Penningtons) in a while, maybe they're sized differently?

Hmmmmm. :)

Amy;

Great Job and definitely an NSV!!! I find that I've only lost about 17 pounds and I can wear some of my pants that were too tight the week of my surgery. It's not the number on the scale that matters, but the NSV's, like wearing a size smaller..... Keep up the good work!

You're right!!! YAY! Oh and I think I neglected to mention that even though I wasn't going into buy, I left with a pair of 24's hehe. WOOHOOO

Alright New Years Knockouts - it seems like this weight has just been falling off and everytime I turn around I am able to do something different like tying my shoes anywhere now - not just sitting on the couch!

Speaking of NSV's, this morning was a BIG one! I am wearing (comfortably) a pair of pants that I bought back in 2005 that were too small in the hopes that I would lose the 10lbs I needed in order to fit into them (you know, motivation). Well, it never happened, I went ~40lbs the other way and the tags stayed on and they stayed in my closet thru 3 moves and countless "closet re-organizing, spring cleaning"....Well today, I pulled them out of the closet, finally pulled the tags off and I AM WEARING THEM....3 years later - they fit! And I have 10-15 other pieces bought around the same time with the same 10 lbs intentions. This is really fun! I am so happy I want to tell complete strangers on the street, but I figured you guys were a better audience!

What is even cooler is that she already paid for those smaller clothes,so she doesn't have to factor that in to her expenses for this year like so many of us have to.

Thanks Jill and Chrisann! Yeah, at the time it was hopeful dreaming via the clearance racks, but now I have clothes (new and old) for the next 60-70 lbs! I should not have to buy anything new till the end of summer?!?

Don't you guys have every size in your closet from say 12-22??? I just kept packing them up and hauling them with me - sad then, but now I'm excited again.

Keep up the awesome work January Bandsters - I WANT TO HEAR MORE STORIES!!!

Congrats to Everybody!!! I say that while I sit in front of my computer wearing jeans that were tight on me 2 years ago and now they are not only comfortable, but a little baggy in the booty!!!:smile2:

I have to dress professionally for work, so I have no clothes in sizes 20 or lower, because as the styles changed, there was no point in keeping the work clothes.

I have jeans also in the smallest size in the house at 20. I give it away if I don't wear it in two years.

I've never been very good at getting rid of the clothes I don't wear. Of course it's helping me out a little right now. I have everything in my closet from a 20 to a 12. Most all of my clothes are not trendy, so they don't really go out of style. They just don't make trendy clothes for amazons.:thumbup:

I'm already considering getting rid of my size 20 clothes. So if there's anyone out there interested in some size 20 tall clothes, I'll probably be parting with them soon. Its still hard for me to let go... I'm a pack rat!