Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Post Op Feb.14, 2007

So, I am officially one year post op so I thought that I would put up a post to help me Celebrate.

I did not make my goal of losing 150 pounds, but I cannot complain about it.

Thank you to all the people here that have helped me along the way and supported me when I was just a scared little newby. You all know who you are so I will not name names as I am sure to forget someone.

I can honeslty say that shedding this weight has turned me into the person that I knew I could be. My confidence and my happiness are the highest they have ever been. The only regret that I have is that I was not able to do this 20 years ago.

Here are the stats for prosperity:

360lbs -> 225 lbs

Body fat % 60% -> 26%

suit size -> 62T - 46R

Tshirt - 4xl -> M

Happiness 45% -> 100%

Andrew_fat.jpg

Andrew_today.jpg

Thank you all,

Andrew

Congratulations Gaffer, you are not only a new man for yourself, but for your child as well. You stand a much greater chance of seeing him/her give you grandchildren. Well done. Doddie

Congratulations Andrew on your One Year Bandiversary, :wink2: and on your amazing weight loss. :wink_smile: It is amazing how losing the weight has taking years of you, you look fabulous. Congratulations again.

Maria :angry:

Congrats! Wow- it was very encouraging to see you so far along in the process & how great you look! I know it wasn't easy so you are to be commended ! Happy Bandaversary!

Congratulations Andrew on progress. You look terrific and we all know you will get to 150! You have been very generous with your support and advice and I want to thank you for the gracious and humerous way you have helped many of us as we began our own journeys :wink_smile:!

Andrew, you look fabulous darlin' and I'm sure you feel fabulous too! Here's sending you lots of :) :girl_hug: for your great success!! You have been such an inspiration and unwavering support for so many of us newbies, obviously you had great role models when you began your journey as well.

I wish you all the best things that life has to offer and more... you deserve it!!!

Take care you hunka hunka burnin' love :wink2:

P.S. - might be time to think about a career change... modelling maybe???:thumbup:

Andrew, you look fabulous darlin' and I'm sure you feel fabulous too! Here's sending you lots of :) :girl_hug: for your great success!! You have been such an inspiration and unwavering support for so many of us newbies, obviously you had great role models when you began your journey as well.

I wish you all the best things that life has to offer and more... you deserve it!!!

Take care you hunka hunka burnin' love :wink2:

P.S. - might be time to think about a career change... modelling maybe???:thumbup:

Thanks Gang, you are making me blush here.

I have been looking at a career change, but it does not involve modelling.

Stay tuned for more.

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I saw from another thread that you have had your plastics initial consult. I am in Calgary too and was wondering if you had any advice on how to get on with it, since I am thinking there are probably long wait lists. Did you see Dr. Perron? What did you think of him? Will you be able to get any of your plastics done through Alberta Health Care?

Hey Andrew,

I saw from another thread that you have had your plastics initial consult. I am in Calgary too and was wondering if you had any advice on how to get on with it, since I am thinking there are probably long wait lists. Did you see Dr. Perron? What did you think of him? Will you be able to get any of your plastics done through Alberta Health Care?

I have not had my initial plastics consult here in Calgary yet.

I did see a surgeon in Mexico when I was there about getting put back together. Basically I am looking at a pannus removal, Tummy Tuck, male breast reduction, liposculpture and having some fat injected into my buttocks to fill them out since they are deflated. I was told that I would be looking at losing 20+lbs from the tissue removal.

I am still going to see Dr. Perron for my consult in Calgary in June, but that would only be for the abdominoplasty. AHC would not cover the Lipo, male breast reduction or the butt lift.

I am sure that I could add it on with Dr. Perron while I was there for the abdominoplasty, but I would be willing to bet that it would be more than I was quoted for the whole job in Mexico.

In terms of the wait, I have to wait over a year just to see the surgeon here in Calgary, adn then I dont know how long it will be before I see the actual surgery. The problem is that there are very few plastic surgoens performing work for the public system so the wait is long. Plus there is such a line up of other people with more pressing problems that putting fat guys back together does not rank high compared to surgeries that save people's lives.

Andrew

you look great andrew , i to was banded by dr.coborne and look for inspiration, thank you. your son is cute. My son is 6 years old and i can not wait to experience everthing life has to offer . take care cathy

Lookin' good Andrew! Congrats! I rememeber waaaay back when you were just a little band-baby! :unsure: :hugs