Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

sorry Dee, i dont go until the 19th @ 11, anyone else going on the 19th?

i go on feb 22nd

ugh...........:o::Banane20: + :Banane28: = hahahahahahahhahaha

LMAO..Was'nt that riot!!!!

CONGRATS DEE!!:bananapowerslide: :Banane03: :Banane08: :success1: :youcandothis:

okay I finally made it....199 Onederland has come to me after 2 years!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

congrats dee! it does feel good. anyone going to support group next week?

Hi Everyone!

I just got word that I will be attending the seminar on the 27th! I am actually getting my surgery done by Dr. Posner, but it seems that everyone that is getting WLS in Buffalo posts under Hoffman.

Anyhow I was just wondering what to expect from this point on? I have Independent Health, so I am not sure what is required as far as a diet before hand? Maybe I can get a head start on it now so I can get my surgery done sooner.. I have been waiting to even get my seminar date since OCTOBER!

The woman I spoke to on the phone told me that I could expect a surgery date around end the of March, early April. Does this sound realistic? I am a little weary only because it's taken nearly 4 months for me to even get into a seminar.

If anyone who has gone thru this wouldn't mind just kind of giving me a course of events to expect and a rough timeline estimate that would be great. I am just trying to work it all around my work schedule and taking time off.. It's hard having everything up in the air!

I am really excited to take this step and change my life so it is worth the weight. I am just a little impatient and frustrated at how slow this process has been.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone!

I just got word that I will be attending the seminar on the 27th! I am actually getting my surgery done by Dr. Posner, but it seems that everyone that is getting WLS in Buffalo posts under Hoffman.

Anyhow I was just wondering what to expect from this point on? I have Independent Health, so I am not sure what is required as far as a diet before hand? Maybe I can get a head start on it now so I can get my surgery done sooner.. I have been waiting to even get my seminar date since OCTOBER!

The woman I spoke to on the phone told me that I could expect a surgery date around end the of March, early April. Does this sound realistic? I am a little weary only because it's taken nearly 4 months for me to even get into a seminar.

If anyone who has gone thru this wouldn't mind just kind of giving me a course of events to expect and a rough timeline estimate that would be great. I am just trying to work it all around my work schedule and taking time off.. It's hard having everything up in the air!

I am really excited to take this step and change my life so it is worth the weight. I am just a little impatient and frustrated at how slow this process has been.

Thanks in advance!

that time frame sounds correct, believe it or not it is faster now.

the first thing that will happen is your 3 hr appt. you meet with the nurse practitioner who will order whatever tests you need. if you get your psych eval before your appt that speeds things up a bit. you will also see the dietician and physical therapist that day. the nurse practitioner will order any other tests you need. they will then have you start the south beach diet

at the seminar they set up your first appt

good luck and welcome

there is also a support group the 3rd wed of every month at bgh at 6pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks in advance!

welcome. and good luck, Posner patients also post here so dont be shy, sounds about right, it is moving much quicker now than it did a few years ago. are you having the band or the sleeve?

welcome. and good luck, Posner patients also post here so dont be shy, sounds about right, it is moving much quicker now than it did a few years ago. are you having the band or the sleeve?

Thanks Val and Vicki for the info!

Val- Do you have any suggestion for who I should go to for the psych eval? Could it be any psychologist or does it have to be one that works with BGH?

And Vicki- I am having the band! I am really excited, nervous, anxious etc etc!

Thanks for your replies!

I find that it is quicker if you go to the phych that they recommend.. I think her name is Colleen.. can't remember her last name... very very nice and she is well aware of their time frames etc.. so she gets the eval faxed over to the correct place asap... you won't be sorry you went to her..sometimes it takes a few weeks to see her so try to call for an appt asap.. I felt that by the time I left her office, I had made a new friend... very compassionate.. In fact, she even spoke at one of our support group meetings last year... You'll like her..

Another tip I can give you.. start now gathering all test results, sleep study (if you have already had one) any paperwork regarding any of your co-morbitities (sp)... recent pap, mammogram, labs, anything that the doc would like to look at before he will consider this procedure for you.. get them all together and bring them in for your first visit.... make a folder for you and them.... keep track of what you give them and things will go quicker... its a big office and sometimes paperwork gets lost and then creates holdups... good luck to you

I was also a Posner patient !!

Thanks for all the helpful info!

Do you like Dr.Posner? I had considered switching to Dr. Hoffman after reading everyone's positive feedback on him. I didn't hear much regarding patients of Dr. Posner. I have already switched surgeons once. I was originally going to get it done with Dr. Caruana at Synergy, but my primary physician advised against it and recommended Dr. Posner. Just wondering how his after care is or if after the surgery you are mostly on your own so to speak? My nutritionist told me that his after care wasn't the best so I am hearing all different opinions. I figure the person to really ask would be someone who has dealt with him first hand. Thanks again!

All I can say is that Drs Posner and Hoffman are both top notch !! their f/u is also the very very best.. I don't believe that Carruana has good followup at all, but, that is what I heard... I have never been sorry for for sticking to this group at all.. they are very thorough.. You may get it done quicker with Carruanna but that is because the BGH group is so very thorough... The difference between Hoffman and Posner is personality only..but, they are both very carring and brilliant.. I can't say you would be better off with one or the other..One experiance I had regarding emergency care was about 1 year ago, I had a sudden stomach flu... I had never thrown up with the band.. so I got scarred after vomiting.. I called Posner's office at 5am... and apparently Hoff was on call for that weekend.. He called me by 5:15am... Now, if that is not good followup emergency or just plain followup care , I don't know what your nutritionist is talking about.. Everyone loves Hoffman and I think he may be more forgiving personality and Posner is stricter regarding lots of things e.g. pre op diet, etc... but, he kept me on my toes and I would never change... good luck and let me know how you make out..

maybe your nutritionist is working in the catholic health system instead of affiliations with kaleida !!

Phew! Glad to hear your opinion and reaffirmation I am making the right decision. I don't mind having a bit stricter. As a matter of fact, I may need it :) Thanks again!