Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Good Mornning everyone

ok back on track, and down another lb. My ticker actually is where I'm going to be by 10/31, even if it was 12lbs to start.

I increased my calories and changed up what I'm eating and still at about 1000 a day, but that is 300 more than I was getting and have lost 3lbs in 2 days. This might be a good thing.

I go to see my nutritionist next friday and I'm gonna print out my jounal for her to look at.

I have surgery on Thursday next week, so hope the pain meds don't mess me up too much.

Have a great day, heading out for a walk.

xoxo

Went to Hoffman's office on Wednesday (23rd) and boy were they unorganized. Our appointment was at 1pm and we didn't leave until 3:45!!! There were several patients there, the doctors were no where to be found, the nurses were arguing....I've never seen it like that before!

Anyways, hubby and I got our surgery dates. He goes on 11/9 and I go on 11/30. 11/30 just so happens to be the monday AFTER thanksgiving. How does Hoffman have you prepare? I've heard stories from lots of people but it seems every doctor is different. Some want you back on Phase 1 of SB for 2 weeks. Some want you on straight clear liquid for 1 week, others say 2 days. Should I even bother eating Thanksgiving dinner since I'm guessing hubby won't be able to only being 17 days out of surgery.

Ok Jenn only you and I are checking in. Wheres the rest of them?

Hey Rain and All.. Could'nt check in because my computer was down..which was'nt the only thing down!

I down 3lbs! From 280 to 277!! Whooohooo!!!! :(

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Rain and All.. Could'nt check in because my computer was down..which was'nt the only thing down!

I down 3lbs! From 280 to 277!! Whooohooo!!!! :tongue2:

you go girl, that is awsome!:(

So, here is my dilemma, I was at 209.1, then during the weigh in thing i went down to 205.6, the next day i was 206.6, and then couple days later i was 207 and stayed there till the day before weigh in and then on weigh in day i was 208 which was a real bummer...but then yesterday I got on the scale and I was sooooo happy cause it said 206.6 yahoooooeeeee....well, then today i get on and the scale is screaming in my face hahahah you weigh 209 and I got on three different times and put the scale in three different places in the bathroom and it still said 209...I am sooo frustrated to say the least. what is happening, i feel like my scale hates me and is taunting me................

So, here is my dilemma, I was at 209.1, then during the weigh in thing i went down to 205.6, the next day i was 206.6, and then couple days later i was 207 and stayed there till the day before weigh in and then on weigh in day i was 208 which was a real bummer...but then yesterday I got on the scale and I was sooooo happy cause it said 206.6 yahoooooeeeee....well, then today i get on and the scale is screaming in my face hahahah you weigh 209 and I got on three different times and put the scale in three different places in the bathroom and it still said 209...I am sooo frustrated to say the least. what is happening, i feel like my scale hates me and is taunting me................

Vicki

that is not insane, my scale does the same thing, but I have a spot that is exact to my dr's scale, like come home and weigh my self exact. I have the spot marked based on the grout lines on my bathroom floor and I always make sure it is there when I weigh in.

Find a spot for the scale and keep it there... You will make yourself crazy... Trust me, I've been there.

It is so sad that we are so desperate to lose even 1 lb, that we put our selves through all this, I hate skinny people who say "oh, I have to lose 5 lbs"

That's funny Vicki - but so very true

is anyone else having problems logging on to this site, i am having intermittent problems.........

Yeah Vicki..I hate skinny people that say "Why don't you just lose 5 lbs." or "Just go on a diet"

Ugh, Drives me nuts...

Maria :(

Man oh man oh man, I am up again, I have a band and do south beach and i still gain weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it any more......

Vicki

Deep breath.... it will be ok... do you keep your scale in 1 place?

Are you getting enough Water? Try putting some lemon in your water and increasing from 8-8oz to 10-8oz. That always seems to help me lose some bloat I just can't get rid of

I know you said south beach, but are you watching your calories too?

How long have you been doing it? Give yourself a few days so your body can adjust...

Don't give up..

xoxoxoxoxox

vicki,

try not weighing yourself so much. Fluid can cause your weight to fluctuate. you are going to drive yourself crazy

vicki,

No that I could ever do this haha. But maybe you are the person who should only weigh yourself pnce a week. I know I would be sooo frustrated if my weight jumped 3 lbs depending on the day. Mine stays within a 1 lb loss or gain range so I can live with that but 3 I'd give up the scale.< /p>

Jenn,

I thought I was the only one that lined up the scale based on the grout/crack in my bathroom tile lol.

Big gurlX- Great job on your loss keep it up.

Bugs- I didnt hear anything about the sick dr. Who could it be there are only two of them.

btabak76- get used to it a drs appt takes all day at that place.Ughh

You guys are all motivating me to stay on track.