Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

The next Lapband support group meets October 15th at 6pm at BGH. The meeting is held on the first floor in a room off the lobby to the left of the coffee shop and past the gift shop. I think the double doors says something like 'not an exit' but go through them anyway. I doubt if I will be there as I will be two days post op but if I feel good I will go.

Hello, I am feeling fat and ugly today. I can not find my favorite pair of pants that of course I want to wear. I am using a new CPAP machine to titrate my levels and I slept past 30 minutes of an international teleconference and had to be called to attend by a big boss. Ughhhhh.......:sad_smile::smile::D:mad2:

Hi all,

I am home and feeling good. Port site is pretty tender but otherwise I feel great! Thanks to Judy and Band for their visits on Tuesday--nice to put a face with the name Linda, sorry I missed you but I will try and see you on Tuesday. What time is your surgery?

oh no Judy- not a good day

Dee I am glad you are so upbeat. Makes me more confident. My surgery is Monday at 7:30 so I don't know what time I will be going home Tuesday. Was that your husband I was talking to? Love the accent! Keep us posted. I have one comment - I am hungry!

It is usually in the afternoon...my appointment is at 12:45 so I will try and get there early. Yes my husband is from England (met him on the internet) We have been married 5 yrs now.

Ok now it's day 3 after surgery...same complaint (port site) other than than I feel great. Linda you will do awesome!!!

Hey to everyone, it was so nice to meet you Judy and Dee, hopefully i will get to meet others at the meeting. Dee your port site will be sore for awhile, that is normal. Good luck on your surgery Linda I know everything will be good. talk to you all later.

Hi everyone, it is so nice talking with everyone and even getting to see one another at the support group meetings. Judy and I think it would be super to all meet and have a get together and perhaps even a clothing exchange. I happen to have the perfect place and since it is also my home it is free, has an elevator and parking. It is in South Buffalo on Seneca Street. We could do it on a Sunday afternoon or whatever seems to be best for the group.

I cleaned out my closet in preperation for surgery. I will never wear this size again and if I fail and don't lose weight then I guess I deserve to be naked!:wink2: I suspect everyone has clothes that are way to big for them.

So what do you think? Anyone like this idea?

Dee, how was the gas pain? I am more concerned about that. It was pretty bad after the colonoscopy. Do you feel bloated? Are you hungry? I am ready!

Linda,

I have had very little gas pain. I don't feel hungry ..bloated maybe with trying to drink 1 ounce every 15 minutes.. I have no trouble getting in or out of bed yeah you have a twinge or two of pain as you get up but nothing you can't deal with. I have taken no pain medication since leaving the hospital. I really feel good!

I did have restriction right away after my fill. Some have a delayed response I have heard. Not me! Which I am happy about. Headed back home today which I am also happy about.

Dee I am glad you are doing well.

Talk to you later when I am at my home computer.

Hi Ladies! I'm new here and have been thinking about this surgery for about a year now. Can I ask you all some questions? I guess I'm just overwhelmed and what to do and how to begin! I have talked to my dr and she has no issues with this. Ok....question time.

1. Where do I start? I have Independant Health for insurance.

2. How long are you off of work?

3. sleep apnea? I have this. I do not have the cpap because I just couldn't come up with the money to get it. I have been tested and it is confirmed. How does this play into the surgery process? I DO NOT want that test again! I thought it was a nightmare of an experience!

4. I recently had a stress test done....will that be needed?

5. I noticed for some it took a long time to get to the actual surgery. What is the average process time?

6. When should I start the process? I'm confused because I need to work it in with work so I need to make sure I have the time off accrued for it.

7. All the visits to the psychologist, nutrionist, seminar, tests and all the other stuff......are these visits all done during working hours? How much time did you take from work for the prep???

8. Who do I call? I want this Dr Hoffman...he sounds wonderful.

9. How long does the surgey take?

Sorry to bombard with all the questions but I'm just so confused :biggrin:

Ok...one more, there are some scarey posts on here.....are you all happy you did this? Any regrets?

Thanks again for your time! I'm hoping you girls and get me off in the right direction. Congrats on all you successes thus far! Very inspiring!

Christina

Hi Christina and welcome! I can't answer all of your questions but will tell you my experience. I started this process in Feb and had my surgery Monday 10/6/08. I also have Independent Health and was approved in just 1 or 2 days! It is a long process but I think it will be well worth it. First step is to contact the Bariatric Clinic at Buffalo General for the application. When that is filled out and returned you are then invited to a seminar. If you read some of the earlier posts you will find the phone numbers you need. All the testing is done during business hours and some take several hours. Actually surgery time is (I think) 45 minutes or so. I was up and walking around the day of surgery. You spend 1 night in the hospital and then home. My first checkup is 10/14/08. I'll see if I can find the numbers to call for the application....Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Try these numbers 859-1168,859-3196 or 859-2067 Oh and you have to follow the South Beach Diet pre-op This should at least get you started!